Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
So they just don't have a flight on the day I booked -- Tuesday.
Remember to check virtuallythere.com. HDQ only shows up there as people say.

Anyone on a HNL-HDQ HA1539 "flight" on 31 May 2011?)))
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just checked virtuallythere.com and I have the exact same notation in my file: May 31, flight 1539 visiting "Headquarters in Texas". Still plan on waiting this out with the intention of showing up for my original booking.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: HA KE OZ UA AA DL
Is anyone here able to identify the registered agent for Hawaiian Airlines on which to serve legal notice?

Without any notice or discussion with me, HA has changed my flights to economy - this year's flight apparently on KE (even though they list the flight as HA51), next year's flight to HA-operated. A second ticket number appears on my itinerary. This is the only itinerary showing on HA's website. On the Virtually There website, there is a headquarters segment, and then the changed economy flights. Both ticket numbers and two ereceipts - the second one with the economy flights created by HA-ADM.

I fully intend to take them to court if they don't restore my original itinerary.
I believe I'll need to purchase the business class seats directly from Korean Air in order to have actual damages to sue HA for. I will NOT be flying the bogus changed itinerary.

Last edited by kimChee; Aug 25, 2010 at 10:38 am
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by kimChee
Is anyone here able to identify the registered agent for Hawaiian Airlines on which to serve legal notice?

Without any notice or discussion with me, HA has changed my flights to economy - this year's flight apparently on KE (even though they list the flight as HA51), next year's flight to HA-operated. A second ticket number appears on my itinerary. This is the only itinerary showing on HA's website. On the Virtually There website, there is a headquarters segment, and then the changed economy flights. Both ticket numbers and two ereceipts - the second one with the economy flights created by HA-ADM.

I fully intend to take them to court if they don't restore my original itinerary.
I believe I'll need to purchase the business class seats directly from Korean Air in order to have actual damages to sue HA for. I will NOT be flying the bogus changed itinerary.
I'm in for suing HA too! +1
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kimChee
http://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/bus...38F1&view=info
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: HA KE OZ UA AA DL
Thank's SAT Lawyer!
BTW - do you practice in Hawaii?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Received an email from Advocate

Hi,

Just received an email from the customer advocate of HA. This was following my email to DOT, which it seems did contact HA, but they could not do much.

They have provided me with 2 options, downgrade to coach or full refund.

How ridiculous can this be? I am going to wait it out a bit more since I will only fly next year, might make an alternative deal with them on this.

I do hope that those who are going to take legal action will succeed. Such arrogant behaviour.

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Aug 26, 2010 at 1:37 am
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just received an email from the customer advocate of HA. This was following my email to DOT, which it seems did contact HA, but they could not do much.

How ridiculous can this be? I am going to wait it out a bit more since I will only fly next year, might make deal an alternative deal with them on this.

I do hope that

Cheers!
Thanks for you info, keep us updated!^
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

How ridiculous can this be? I am going to wait it out a bit more since I will only fly next year, might make an alternative deal with them on this.

I do hope that those who are going to take legal action will succeed. Such arrogant behaviour.

Cheers!
Remember if you don't win. You still have another option to fly F on Hawaiian Air(with no refund)
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by fumitani
Remember if you don't win. You still have another option to fly F on Hawaiian Air(with no refund)
But it looks like the wind has changed and there are no other options offered now. I hope, I am mistaken.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by huntk
I just checked virtuallythere.com and I have the exact same notation in my file: May 31, flight 1539 visiting "Headquarters in Texas". Still plan on waiting this out with the intention of showing up for my original booking.
Is it before of after your trip? Mine HDQ is before. I wonder if all people are on a single flight or not. Just curious. I initially though they allocated several HDQ dummy flights to group people based on departure date (to prioritize efforts).
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keter
But it looks like the wind has changed and there are no other options offered now. I hope, I am mistaken.
When I called they told me I must pick my departure dates by Aug 20th. I guess they don't want to deal with this too muc longer so they might be giving you two choices only. If you want to work with them you can always give them a call and see if the options are still valid. It looks to me like it's going to take an awful lot of work for people to be able to fly KE C. HA F product sucks but you can fly without too mih effort in the end it's only 450 or 700 usd it's still really cheap
Old Aug 26, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
I would consider being downgraded to Y if a full-refund was offered, but I cannot understand why anyone would accept this offer otherwise. Remember, while this deal was active, the Y fare was between $50-100 less than C for most dates. If I had wanted to fly in Y, I would have bought the cheaper fare!

Assuming nothing changes and it's either downgrade or refund, has anyone considered flying in Y, and then disputing the CC charge? I still plan on showing up to the airport with a copy of my original itinerary in C...as I'm assuming I won't be allowed to board in C, do you think I will have to sign any forms "agreeing" to the downgrade in order to fly? If not, it seems like this would be an open and shut way to travel on your selected dates (albeit in Y), while still being refunded/
Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keter
Is it before of after your trip? Mine HDQ is before. I wonder if all people are on a single flight or not. Just curious. I initially though they allocated several HDQ dummy flights to group people based on departure date (to prioritize efforts).
The "dummy" segment is posted for AFTER my departure date, which is in March 2011. Again, I'll use the "wait and see" approach although I would lovingly join a class action suit at a moment's notice.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by huntk
The "dummy" segment is posted for AFTER my departure date, which is in March 2011. Again, I'll use the "wait and see" approach although I would lovingly join a class action suit at a moment's notice.
Not an actual flight.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
HNL-HDQ is a 'retention' remark.. so that the file remains 'active' in case HA people want to refer to it at a later time with regards to ticketing issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.