Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:58 pm

Has anyone tried ringing the Korean number? Are they offering the same? They haven't contacted me yet, so I am weighing my options, so I don't want to call just yet.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SirJman
Has anyone tried ringing the Korean number? Are they offering the same? They haven't contacted me yet, so I am weighing my options, so I don't want to call just yet.
Don't call.....because I think you will be the winner this way, unless you want to refund the tickets and get some useless vouchers
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:28 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Hmmmm

Just looking at my itinerary. The flight HA1539 from HNL to HDQ, Tx takes an hour and is 3795 miles, so looks like there is an equipment change between now and May 31st...

I know they like recycling pre-loved airframes from other carriers.. Anyone know what the seat pitch is on an HA SR-71 Blackbird..?

Also what class will this earn miles in...

Last edited by cmdsea; Aug 2, 2010 at 1:30 am Reason: correct typo..
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:01 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by cmdsea
Hmmmm

Just looking at my itinerary. The flight HA1539 from HNL to HDQ, Tx takes an hour and is 3795 miles, so looks like there is an equipment change between now and May 31st...

I know they like recycling pre-loved airframes from other carriers.. Anyone know what the seat pitch is on an HA SR-71 Blackbird..?

What seat assignment did u get?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:20 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by fumitani
The only way they are going to get me to refund this ticket is if they pay for a full fare C ticket (my choice of airline)!
I doubt it if HA will let you choose your airline should they agree to refund your ticket. Let us know though if it works so that you will be a precedent for us who will be flying later.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Hmmmm

Not an actual flight.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
HNL-HDQ is a 'retention' remark.. so that the file remains 'active' in case HA people want to refer to it at a later time with regards to ticketing issues.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone starting World War with HA in about 3 hours?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm curious as to how things progress with the first few calls from this so called 'customer relations manager' from HA. Wonder who will get the first call
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Cool

Originally Posted by denCSA
I'm curious as to how things progress with the first few calls from this so called 'customer relations manager' from HA. Wonder who will get the first call

I'm waiting for mine, although I could have sworn that she said I would have to call them.... But my rez is still there, and I most certainly did not accept any of the offers......
In two days, I'm off to Seoul, so they won't be able to call me on the number they have.... [live there, not going for the flight, which is in Dec]
Let us know whoever gets the call!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
on the HA homepage, they're advertising First Class flights from HI - West Coast for $558 each way. Seems that makes it even harder for them to argue it was a legitimate mistake! http://www.hawaiianair.com/specialof...-pos3_20100512

Has anyone called yet? Anxiously awaiting reports..
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Red face

Originally Posted by joker545
Has anyone called yet? Anxiously awaiting reports..
Man! I thought this thread would be HOT today, but I guess either nobody got called, or people were really busy at work! I did not get a call today, nor did I call.....
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
just a standard call from Korean HA Office. I told them I already talked to HQ in Hawaii and not interested in any other options except to fly on the reserved segments.

Still waiting for the Customer service agent to call me also ..
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:50 pm

Are there any updates regarding this situation?

aloha

Last edited by soccerpapi; Aug 30, 2010 at 6:18 pm
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Got a call on Saturday. They offered me the same three options many have mentioned. Option #2 (fly ICN-HNL on HA) could work for me, but after pointing out that HA F is inferior to KE C, the agent sounded like she'd been hearing that all day long and said our case would be handed over to customer service. Haven't heard anything since and it doesn't sound like anyone else has either.

I'm not looking to take HA to the cleaners or put them out of business. I'm willing to consider flying HA from ICN-HNL in F if they sweeten the pot.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:38 pm

I was offered an one additional option (in addition to the same 3) to fly on the same dates but to fly coach. Of course, did not take the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.