Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Has any skyteam elite plus called to see if KE would assign them upper deck seats?

Let's see if my Dulta Elite Plus status is equally useful as Sky Pesos
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Has any skyteam elite plus called to see if KE would assign them upper deck seats?

Let's see if my Dulta Elite Plus status is equally useful as Sky Pesos
Blissy! you give it a call!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumitani
Blissy! you give it a call!
Called KE. They said they can't change anything on that reservation. They can only view it. Won't request, change seat, or add FF#

Called HA web support (BIG MISTAKE, it's ICC ), the idiot just request a random seat even though I had specifically asked her to request a specific seat. It came back with me in a aisle, and my traveling companion in a MIDDLE seat, not together.

I called HA (regular line in HNL this time) to request to change the seats to a specified one. She said she requested it, but we are still in our assigned horrible seats.

If anyone figured out what to do, please let me know. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Initial Email, but no e-ticket

A little help if you don't mind. I received the initial email confirmation with my reservation but haven't received the second email with the e-ticket. It also looks like my credit card hasn't been charged. Should I call Hawaiian to push it through? Has this happened to anyone else? This is my first time pulling the trigger and booking one of these so I hope it actually materializes!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by NYCtennis
A little help if you don't mind. I received the initial email confirmation with my reservation but haven't received the second email with the e-ticket. It also looks like my credit card hasn't been charged. Should I call Hawaiian to push it through? Has this happened to anyone else? This is my first time pulling the trigger and booking one of these so I hope it actually materializes!
Check your itinerary on their website. If you ticket has been issued, you will
see the ticket number. If there was any problem in issuing your ticket, you
should receive an email and shows "Unfortunately, we are unable to issue the tickets due to xxxxxxxx for the following itinerary:" and you will also see the phone number to contact them.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by pigx5
Check your itinerary on their website. If you ticket has been issued, you will
see the ticket number. If there was any problem in issuing your ticket, you
should receive an email and shows "Unfortunately, we are unable to issue the tickets due to xxxxxxxx for the following itinerary:" and you will also see the phone number to contact them.
Thanks! There is indeed a ticket number. Isn't it odd though that my credit card still hasn't been charged?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by NYCtennis
Thanks! There is indeed a ticket number. Isn't it odd though that my credit card still hasn't been charged?
No need to worry (yet), there are some FTers that experiencing what you mentioned. One of them, myself, booked on 23, finally charged on 26 this month, so give it a few days. ^
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:52 pm

Called KE. They said they can't change anything on that reservation. They can only view it. Won't request, change seat, or add FF#
I had the same experience. First agent didn't even want to let me know which seats are available. Second agent gave me all the seats info and asked me to contact HA.

Called HA web support (BIG MISTAKE, it's ICC ), the idiot just request a random seat even though I had specifically asked her to request a specific seat. It came back with me in a aisle, and my traveling companion in a MIDDLE seat, not together.
I called reservation:
1st call: Agent can only note my record about the seating assignments request. Can't assign seats.

2nd call: Agent said she can only note my record and I'll have to get seats at the airport.. I told them KE said HA can request the seats on my behalf. Put on hold to check with someone, came back and said, yes, it's now requested, but it takes 72 hours to take effect.

Anyone with similar experiences. Do you get the KE seating assignments immediately after HA requested it?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imm2b
Do you get the KE seating assignments immediately after HA requested it?
Yes, immediately. But, KE gave us sh*tty seats and they refused to change it. HA said they had requested our desired seat, but there's no guarantee that KE would even read the request.

I should've known when I saw codeshare. Codeshare is usually full of problems (all airlines). I'll never book codeshare again, even with mistake fares.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:17 pm

Yes, immediately. But, KE gave us sh*tty seats and they refused to change it. HA said they had requested our desired seat, but there's no guarantee that KE would even read the request.

I should've known when I saw codeshare. Codeshare is usually full of problems (all airlines). I'll never book codeshare again, even with mistake fares.
As long as it's in business class, I don't mind to book again.
I combine the DL student fare to HKG and this deal back to US along with other
tickets to make a round trip between US and TW.
It costs me about 1200 for this round trip.
Consider the round trip price between US and TW now, it's a cheap deal for me.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As long as it's in business class, I don't mind to book again.
I combine the DL student fare to HKG and this deal back to US along with other
tickets to make a round trip between US and TW.
It costs me about 1200 for this round trip.
Consider the round trip price between US and TW now, it's a cheap deal for me.
It sure is a good deal, but personally, the time I spent on the phone with them today (HA and KE) made the whole experience, well, bad. I guess if you really want to try KE and HA and don't want to spend a lot of money, then a middle seat wouldn't be the worst thing. Personally, I have a lot of Sky Pesos waiting to be used (which I can easily redeem for Korean) and the fact that I have to call them time and again and being assigned a middle seat just kills it for me. I guess I'd rather just use my miles and have a good seat and experience, instead of forcing myself to redeem another 1 way award and then fly in the middle seat + spending $400+. To each his/her own.

Also, btw, you do know that there are very affordable regular business class fare on EVA and CI from TPE to the states, right? Just last week, TG had a business class RT from TPE-LAX $1800 all in. BR/CI aren't that much more. Even United has $2200 business class all year round. I guess I would personally be willing to pay the premium to avoid calling them to get a middle seat and having to connect at ICN and HNL.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:36 pm

That's weird. May be I need to call them back for the 3rd time. It's definitely a frustrating experience.

Does the KE seating assignments show up on HA.com?

On a multiple carriers itinerary on Star Alliance, I can request seat easily with each carrier.

Last edited by imm2b; Jul 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:29 pm

Also, btw, you do know that there are very affordable regular business class fare on EVA and CI from TPE to the states, right? Just last week, TG had a business class RT from TPE-LAX $1800 all in. BR/CI aren't that much more. Even United has $2200 business class all year round. I guess I would personally be willing to pay the premium to avoid calling them to get a middle seat and having to connect at ICN and HNL.
Yes, I do know.
Unfortunately, my flight begins in US and the limitation for me to spend on a round trip ticket is less than 1800.
When I become as rich as you, yes yes and yes, I will buy it.
In addition, they don't fly to where the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz lives.
Moreover, it's fun for me to visit Hawaii and Las Vegas where I haven't visited yet.

Although it is business class, my outbound KE flight is A330..........

Last edited by pigx5; Jul 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imm2b
That's weird. May be I need to call them back for the 3rd time. It's definitely a frustrating experience.
Let us know what happens when you call again!

In addition, they don't fly to where the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz lives.
Moreover, it's fun for me to visit Hawaii and Las Vegas where I haven't visited yet.
Well, enjoy your trip! And hopefully we will see another trip report
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:08 pm

Let us know what happens when you call again!

Well, enjoy your trip! And hopefully we will see another trip report
I believe you will see but maybe it will take me an year to write.
You can see that I am still struggling in 2009.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.