Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
The Japanese site indicates that passengers travel in first class can check 2 pieces of luggage free of charge. It's interesting that the Hawaiian Airlines' US site doesn't mention any of this.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
In for a couple via the refundable search on the JP website.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by piotrzdebik
how long did you have to wait for your e tickets to get issued?
24hrs
Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by heramato
24hrs
Mine took about 15 mins, but has the following notation:

VALID HA ONLY/NONREF/FEE FOR CHG

I took screenshots of the refundable screen and fare rules, so, we'll see.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:13 pm

Koren air Business with HA codeshare flight.

Anybody did fly this route already??? ICN to HNL..

You book Business class....(Codeshare from HA) Do you get Business class from Korean Air too????

Please help....
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:38 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by jameboy78
You book Business class....(Codeshare from HA) Do you get Business class from Korean Air too????
That's what the eticket says...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond

Please help....
I booked ICN-HNL. Booked in business, but as others posters have indicated the ticket receipt comes back as "First" on Korean Air. I would love to think that "first is first", but who knows. I was going to wait until the deal is dead and then begin inquiring with 1) HA to get the KE booking reference number; and then 2) deal with KE on seat assignments and ask them the question we've all been wondering. I researched the aircraft quite heavily and it is an older First Class called "sleeper seats", but not the really old first class. To be honest, the business seat set up on the same plane look nicer, so I won't be too disappointed if the ticket turns out to be business. I just can't believe this deal is active this long.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by huntk
I just can't believe this deal is active this long.
Agreed. Though it looks like some coach seats are now pricing out higher than business. And some business seats have a strike-through on availability. Yet business seats still seem to be out there, but may be turning?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by huntk
I just can't believe this deal is active this long.
Same here. I booked at the end of schedule and had I known it would have lasted this long, I might have waited a day to book. Ah, the games we play.

I need to book a couple of award flights to make this trip work so I'd like them to confirm they're going to honor it sooner than later. Ah, the games we play.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer

Please help....
Double dipping? I doubt it.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The HNL to LAS flight I purchased has two classes, first and coach. The first appears to be your everyday US continental F, with normal recliner seats. KE C has the 170-degree lie-flat seats and seems to have the normal TPAC C service.

I tried to test-book the same KE flight in F on Expedia to see which of two 747s it was but no n-s ICN-HNL flights were offered. If I tried in C class, n-s flights appeared. This I don't understand.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
I didn't go through the purchase process, so I'm not sure if we can do all the way through. Hawaiian homepage gives weird business (also economy) prices even on very hot season. Sample date: 8/25-9/8, business class roundtrip is 699 USD (319+319+tax). Takes KE on ICN-HNL sector.
This is not a deal for me because the fare does not allow to cancel free of charge
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
The HNL to LAS flight I purchased has two classes, first and coach. The first appears to be your everyday US continental F, with normal recliner seats. KE C has the 170-degree lie-flat seats and seems to have the normal TPAC C service.

I tried to test-book the same KE flight in F on Expedia to see which of two 747s it was but no n-s ICN-HNL flights were offered. If I tried in C class, n-s flights appeared. This I don't understand.
Wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that HA is planning to expand to include their own metal on ICN-HNL (announcement earlier this month). Not that this would make a difference to the schedule so far out...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: HA KE OZ UA AA DL
It is truly amazing that this is still available! Thank you thank you thank you to OP!

I have booked several flights already.
To clarify couple of things related to previousaly asked questions:

Viewing completed KE-codeshare business reservation on HA website shows class of service as FIRST - this is just bad HA website. If you access the same reservation from www.virtuallythere.com (which you can do using the confirmation number and last name), it will show as business class.

Further, really think a complaint to USDOT regarding HA lack of display of the real fare rules is in order. Maybe I will do it - many of us should. It's just another example of lazy, poor HA practice. I do believe it is not lawful to sell air travel without disclosing the terms - and the HA website link to the terms does not cover International codeshare flights.

Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings
US Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Ave, SE
Washington, DC 20590

Finally, as to whether those who have tickets will get ticket honored. HA Contract of Carriage says:
L. Misfiled Fares
HA, as a policy, does not file nor intend to offer/file tickets priced at zero or near zero. Essentially, such fares do not make any economic sense. We have introduced warning mechanisms to try to prevent such occurrences; however, occasionally fares such as these mistakenly get loaded into computer reservation systems that are not controlled by HA. Agents/customers should be aware that in these circumstances they are not allowed to ticket at these fares and HA will not honor fares of zero or near zero value. In the event a zero or near zero fare is ticketed inadvertently, HA will void such ticket and may choose to waive, in its sole discretion, certain rules or restrictions of existing published fares as a gesture of good will.
So me think everyone is OK because (a) $650+ is definitely not zero or near zero, and (b) this fare is NOT available on agency and 3rd-party websites, it is only available on the HA website and it would be hard to imagine arguing that the HA website is a computer reservation system not controlled by HA!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just FYI, here is what the ETKT looks like, booked in J and all :

Code:
TKT-173213XXXXXX        RCI-                     HA  LOC-      
 OD-        SI-      FCMI-7   POI-WWW  DOI-26JUL10  IOI-10671043
   1.PXXXXXX/XXXXX             ADT            S I               
 1  ICN HA 6001 J 21JAN 2010 OK JOTST/WEB     A                 
 2 XHNL HA 126  J 21JAN 1110 OK JOTST/WEB     O                 
    OGG                                                         
FARE   F USD       356.00                                       
TAX      USD        16.10US                                     
TAX      USD        23.10BP                                     
TAX      USD        20.00XT                                     
TOTAL    USD       415.20                                       
/FC SEL HA X/HNL HA OGG356.00JOTST/WEB NUC356.00END ROE1.00 XT5.
50YC7.00X Y5.00XA2.50AY                                         
FE VALID HA ONLY/NONREF/FEE FOR CHG                             
FP CCHAXXXXXXXXXXXX5017/1219/N959543

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.