Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Old Jul 24, 10, 8:37 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Saigon/Hanoi/San Francisco
Posts: 1,774
Originally Posted by imm2b View Post
Just booked for next year. Got the confirmation email, waiting for e-tickets #.

Thanks OP for a great find!
Got my ticket # now on to rebook my SFO-ICN award.
imm2b is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 10:08 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US
Programs: AA/UA/DL
Posts: 2,652
Originally Posted by channa View Post
Free luggage in C is pretty much a given. Who knows how much, but you can probably figure that out by checking the HA and KE sites.

Change fee, well, that's unclear.
When you book on the website, it shows no free luggage and the change fee is not waived.
pigx5 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 10:33 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Please do help... if you know.

Got a good price business class from ICN to SFO..

I am wondering if from ICN to Honolulu by Korean air will I get BUSINESS CLASS FROM Korean Air too???

Please tell me.

Thanks a lot...
jameboy78 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 11:18 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: TG G & BA G
Posts: 47
Changing Iten

Tks for good fare!!!!
Got confirmation and e-ticket # as well.

Now I have to change the iten to make a stopover. I am not sure if the fare allows the stopover though.

and i am not sure if change is allowed, and can be change online. i saw a msg online to call the Hawaiian for changing the flights. Must not call \yet since this deal is not one yet.
Hiroshi is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 11:29 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: PDX/AUS
Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Posts: 4,562
Originally Posted by jameboy78 View Post
I am wondering if from ICN to Honolulu by Korean air will I get BUSINESS CLASS FROM Korean Air too???
Seems pretty likely.
Just remember that everything at this point is just a guess.

You might be denied boarding at Incheon.
You might get your ticket involuntarily refunded.

Once you see someone post here that "I AM GOING TO SUE",
you will be getting close to the answer you seek.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Jul 24, 10 at 11:49 am Reason: progression of a MR
MrHalliday is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 11:50 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: yvr
Programs: marriott,spg gold,aa,alaska
Posts: 52
From HA Contract of Carriage.

Misfiled Fares
HA, as a policy, does not file nor intend to offer/file tickets priced at zero or near zero. Essentially, such fares do not make any economic sense. We have introduced warning mechanisms to try to prevent such occurrences; however, occasionally fares such as these mistakenly get loaded into computer reservation systems that are not controlled by HA. Agents/customers should be aware that in these circumstances they are not allowed to ticket at these fares and HA will not honor fares of zero or near zero value. In the event a zero or near zero fare is ticketed inadvertently, HA will void such ticket and may choose to waive, in its sole discretion, certain rules or restrictions of existing published fares as a gesture of good will.
kiwimagic is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 11:57 am
  #157  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SAT
Programs: AA Platinum Pro; UA Gold MM; DL Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Posts: 23,886
Originally Posted by kiwimagic View Post
From HA Contract of Carriage.

Misfiled Fares
HA, as a policy, does not file nor intend to offer/file tickets priced at zero or near zero. Essentially, such fares do not make any economic sense. We have introduced warning mechanisms to try to prevent such occurrences; however, occasionally fares such as these mistakenly get loaded into computer reservation systems that are not controlled by HA. Agents/customers should be aware that in these circumstances they are not allowed to ticket at these fares and HA will not honor fares of zero or near zero value. In the event a zero or near zero fare is ticketed inadvertently, HA will void such ticket and may choose to waive, in its sole discretion, certain rules or restrictions of existing published fares as a gesture of good will.
$380+ is not "near zero," by any stretch of the imagination. Furthermore, I don't see how HA could disavow control of its own reservations system offered through its own website.

Why are we going down this road already?
SAT Lawyer is online now  
Old Jul 24, 10, 12:12 pm
  #158  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IAD
Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Posts: 19,943
Originally Posted by MrHalliday View Post
Seems pretty likely.
Just remember that everything at this point is just a guess.

You might be denied boarding at Incheon.
You might get your ticket involuntarily refunded.

Once you see someone post here that "I AM GOING TO SUE",
you will be getting close to the answer you seek.
And as Jackie Chiles says ... you always have a case !



Thanks for posting OP.
im-headed-west is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 12:54 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MOW, RU
Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Posts: 2,338
Originally Posted by pigx5 View Post
It doesn't work any more.
I booked a flight for my frined.
It doesn't allow me to enter 00000 for Philippines.
I added a genuine ZIP (you can find those in Internet) and used 2 address lines provided to supply the actual address incl country. This is what I also did with LH once to save EUR 32 YQ due to different POS
Keter is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 2:00 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MOW, RU
Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Posts: 2,338
Originally Posted by Keter View Post
Right, but the information on "Business Class Fares" available at the time of selecting flights & class says "2 free bags + waived change fees".
I was wrong. After I explored the HA site a little bit I can tell you the following:

1) fare is NONREF and that is true
2) bags are not free (for fares with free bags it is explicitly shown; also Sabre e-ticket does not have "allowance" field) - weird for C class but... [though own HA confirmation says "first" and "first" even restricted comes with 2 free bags]
3) any changes - change fee + service fee (if at all possible).

But nice anyway)))
Keter is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 4:47 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Saigon/Hanoi/San Francisco
Posts: 1,774
The OP, bobbybrown, who's an expert with KE and knows a lot about the ICN route already mentioned that this fare not that unusual for this route. So, let not jump the gun and worry about lawsuit or anything like that at this point. I'm sure that most normal U.S based travelers would not have jumped on this deal since it's not originated in the U.S. There's probably only a small number of FTers who would be interested in this deal anyway.

Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
FYI, one-way fare from west coast to ICN costs around 500 USD at lower season. It's not error price and 500 USD was there for a few months, so please don't hurry for this ticket. SFO-ICN nonstops (OZ/KE) are usually 495 USD except Dec and May/June/July. From LAX and YVR, MU offers nice price to Seoul but requires overnight at PVG.
imm2b is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 5:23 pm
  #162  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: IND
Posts: 1,921
Originally Posted by imm2b View Post
The OP, bobbybrown, who's an expert with KE and knows a lot about the ICN route already mentioned that this fare not that unusual for this route. So, let not jump the gun and worry about lawsuit or anything like that at this point. I'm sure that most normal U.S based travelers would not have jumped on this deal since it's not originated in the U.S. There's probably only a small number of FTers who would be interested in this deal anyway.
I quoted only economy class prices. Business class is of course, expensive. You're right: there will be only a small number of people really purchased this ticket. We'll see how they react on Monday, when HA office in Seoul (should) figure out the incident.
bobbybrown is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 5:27 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 47
Thanks It's good News...
kangseh is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 5:44 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SMF
Programs: SPG LTP
Posts: 1,415
I'm planning a trip to Asia for next June (US-based) and looking at using this deal as a one way return to the U.S. after using miles to position myself over there. There's already some speculation RE: what could happen if they decide not to honor this. I'm willing to jump through some routing hoops to get over there for my trip, but could I get shafted if they decide not to honor this?

And thanks to BobbyBrown for posting this.

EDIT: I'm leaning towards booking this and waiting a few days to book my positioning flights to see what happens. In the event that they won't honor this, any thoughts on whether they'd allow a refund (even though it's a non-refundable fare).

Last edited by Sam P. Goodman; Jul 24, 10 at 6:12 pm
Sam P. Goodman is offline  
Old Jul 24, 10, 6:22 pm
  #165  
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,613
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman View Post
In the event that they won't honor this, any thoughts on whether they'd allow a refund (even though it's a non-refundable fare).
In my opinion, there is a very high likelihood that they will honor this fare (for a variety of reasons, but it's too early for this discussion). There's absolutely no way they would refuse to honor it and keep your money.
jpdx is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: