Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(GONE) UA/AA: ORD-LGA $155.40 ai (134+) on July 10 e-fare: same day turn 3x EQM+RDM

(GONE) UA/AA: ORD-LGA $155.40 ai (134+) on July 10 e-fare: same day turn 3x EQM+RDM

Old Jul 6, 2010, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Great find thanks ! ^

Just booked, I am in the 2pm and come back the last flight of the day, only 2 hrs layover in LGA !

Looks like it may have several FTers on these flights.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
Head's Up RE: UA Targeted Triple EQM btw ORD & LGA thru August

This is absolutely a targeted promotion. Do not assume, as I did, that following the link to MPD600 on .bomb and registering will make you eligible. I assumed that since I met all the conditions (open to residents of IL, WI, IN, NJ, NY and CT), had registered, and even received the online message "Thank you for registering" that I had become eligible for the triple EQM. I've since spoken to Mileage Plus and been told in no uncertain terms that since I was not targetedfor the promo that I am not eligible.

So, a head's up. Frequently fellow FTs seem to paste links for promotional registration. As I've now learned (after buying a few unwanted LGA-ORD same-day RTs) that just because you can (register) doesn't mean you are (eligible)!

For those eligible, though, this summer promo is an incredibly easy and inexpensive way to rack up lots of EQMs. Breakfast and dinner at home in ORD or LGA, 2 inexpensive back-to-back same day RTs and bingo--8,796 EQMs for an easy day's "work"--all with the possibility of UDUs.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MillionMilerMan
This is absolutely a targeted promotion. Do not assume, as I did, that following the link to MPD600 on .bomb and registering will make you eligible. I assumed that since I met all the conditions (open to residents of IL, WI, IN, NJ, NY and CT), had registered, and even received the online message "Thank you for registering" that I had become eligible for the triple EQM. I've since spoken to Mileage Plus and been told in no uncertain terms that since I was not targetedfor the promo that I am not eligible.

So, a head's up. Frequently fellow FTs seem to paste links for promotional registration. As I've now learned (after buying a few unwanted LGA-ORD same-day RTs) that just because you can (register) doesn't mean you are (eligible)!

For those eligible, though, this summer promo is an incredibly easy and inexpensive way to rack up lots of EQMs. Breakfast and dinner at home in ORD or LGA, 2 inexpensive back-to-back same day RTs and bingo--8,796 EQMs for an easy day's "work"--all with the possibility of UDUs.
Nothing in the terms say you must have been the recipient of the email. So either the terms are wrong or the agent you spoke to is wrong.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I was a little concerned about that, having read someone's post in the UA forum .. true, the T&C didn't include typical language like "Valid for recipients of this email only blah blah".. but it has certainly put me off a bit. Kudos to AA for matching -- I am now rebooked on AA flights to LGA, as clearly everyone is eligible for the AA promo.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by gomike
what flights did you pick?
lga-ord 7:30 am
ord-lga 2:00 pm
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BDLORD
lga-ord 7:30 am
ord-lga 2:00 pm
that flight is 155.40 if it is worth your time to cancel and rebook. 24 hour free refund
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: ex-US Chairman UA 1K
you can do the roudtrip twice from lga. The 6am, 7am and 7:30 departing from Laguardia all work for the fare, and take the 2pm back, You arrive in nyc at 5:15 and there is a 6PM flight back to ord with the cheap fare, return from ord on the 8:20. Ignore the $87 each way that it list on the efares, actually prices out at $155.50 a/i so if you do it twice that day you can pick up 9k eqm for $311. Wife hasn't been to Chicago is 15 years so we are just doing it once for the day, she wants to play tourist.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by stantonhog
you can do the roudtrip twice from lga. The 6am, 7am and 7:30 departing from Laguardia all work for the fare, and take the 2pm back, You arrive in nyc at 5:15 and there is a 6PM flight back to ord with the cheap fare, return from ord on the 8:20. Ignore the $87 each way that it list on the efares, actually prices out at $155.50 a/i so if you do it twice that day you can pick up 9k eqm for $311. Wife hasn't been to Chicago is 15 years so we are just doing it once for the day, she wants to play tourist.
Smart thinking ^, but wish I can do it the other way.

Btw, for a MR, 45 min seems awfully tight, especially if this is not the same plane, you may get stuck and end up paying for unwanted hotel night cost as it is last flight of the day.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
Fare is still $134 base RT
I guess I am late... but $174+ is still pretty good. Thinking about the time efficiency...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:41 am

was thinking about the same thing but never got it to work for me start from Chicago. I guess for people who are keeping both UA and AA status, there would be a lot more options. The flight between LGA and ORD is actually pretty weird, since they sometimes showing 1 hour delayed departure but only 10 min delayed arrival...

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Smart thinking ^, but wish I can do it the other way.

Btw, for a MR, 45 min seems awfully tight, especially if this is not the same plane, you may get stuck and end up paying for unwanted hotel night cost as it is last flight of the day.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lightangel
I guess I am late... but $174+ is still pretty good. Thinking about the time efficiency...
What are you late for? Fare is still $155 all in. You must start your search from the link in my OP
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA EXPLT 1MM, HHonors Silver, Marriott PLT Premier, SPG Gold, Hyatt PLT, Avis PC
great find. I just wish I could sleep in longer on a Saturday morning.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:14 am

my bad
got the $155 all in fare although it shows 87 each way on the efare page

What are you late for? Fare is still $155 all in. You must start your search from the link in my OP
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lightangel
was thinking about the same thing but never got it to work for me start from Chicago. I guess for people who are keeping both UA and AA status, there would be a lot more options. The flight between LGA and ORD is actually pretty weird, since they sometimes showing 1 hour delayed departure but only 10 min delayed arrival...
they pad a lot of time in the schedule for this route.. due to congestion at both airports. Actual flying time ORD to LGA is only 90 min or so.. but schedule will show 2h12m.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA EXPLT 1MM, HHonors Silver, Marriott PLT Premier, SPG Gold, Hyatt PLT, Avis PC
7am LGA-ORD
2:01pm ORD-LGA (already upgraded)

1466 base EQM
2932 bonus EQM
154 EQM for using my MP Visa
---------
4552 EQM plus a bonus free flight from another targeted promotion

not bad for a day's work

If anyone else is doing this run and wants to hang out in the RCC drop me a PM...

Last edited by Mindwurkz; Jul 7, 2010 at 9:37 am Reason: added destinations

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.