Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

Old Apr 14, 10, 5:33 pm
GIJ

Programs: SPG Plus, AC Elite
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
Sorry, yes, previous poster is CO Plat and will earn 100% bonus. I was confusing various elite levels and *A parner programs.

Great fare!
Not sure if it applies to Air Canada L class

from CO website
Discount Economy Class* W, E, S, T, N, L* 100% 100% 1 No

* Discount Economy Class Tickets not purchased at continental.com or covacations.com and flown prior to October 25th 2009 will earn 50% Elite Qualifying Miles and 0 Elite Qualifying Points
Old Apr 14, 10, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, CO MM Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GIJ View Post
Not sure if it applies to Air Canada L class

from CO website
Discount Economy Class* W, E, S, T, N, L* 100% 100% 1 No

* Discount Economy Class Tickets not purchased at continental.com or covacations.com and flown prior to October 25th 2009 will earn 50% Elite Qualifying Miles and 0 Elite Qualifying Points

Actually, the chart you want to check is the Air Canada chart under partner airlines at CO.com:

Eligible Air Canada Fare Classes OnePass Elite Qualification
Class of Service Purchased Fare Class Base Miles* Elite Qualification Miles Elite Qualification Points
Executive Class J 125% 150% 1.5
Discount Executive Class C, D, Z 100% 150% 1.5
Full Fare Economy Class Y, B 100% 150% 1.5
Economy Class M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, L, A 100% 100% 1
Discount Economy Class** K, N, G, P, E, T 100% 100% 1

As of January 1, 2010, OnePass members earn Elite mileage bonuses based on their current Elite Level:

* Platinum Elite - 100% mileage bonus
* Gold Elite - 50% mileage bonus
* Silver Elite - 25% mileage bonus

* Elite members earn a minimum of 500 base miles on all purchased fare classes

So far, all of the tickets appear to be booking in S and L class, which as you can see in bold gives full EQM credit and full bonus miles based on your elite level.
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:02 pm
GIJ

thank you emcsweeney
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
I don't see where to enter the $15 discount code. Also seems to be 2 different codes. I saw NY15 and NYC15! Do both work?

I would have expected to enter this code at the same time as my cc information. Anyone else use it?
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:14 pm
GIJ

Originally Posted by tiddyzhang View Post
booked two tickets yesterday , got AC PNR and ticket number several hours after booking , able to see itineraries on aircanada.com -> manage booking , booking class S for US-Canada segments and L for Canada-Asia segments . Pretty sure 100% EQM on UA and UA 1K/1P will earn 100% elite bonus .

$640 for LAX-YYZ-HKG-YYZ-LAX , almost 20000EQM and 40000RDM on UA as 1K.

openjaw also works. got a Xmas ticket LAX-YVR-PEK / HKG-YVR-LAX for $690

Don't forget to use code SPRING10 SUMMER10 CHEAPOAIR10 or STUDENT10 to get $10 off per round-trip ticket.
How to add the code above?
Old Apr 14, 10, 7:20 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
I don't see where to enter the $15 discount code. Also seems to be 2 different codes. I saw NY15 and NYC15! Do both work?

I would have expected to enter this code at the same time as my cc information. Anyone else use it?
I used NY15 and got the $15 dollars off. It is on the credit card page but up in the box where it shows the fare with the tax added on, price details. There's a link that says Promo Code, if you click on it a box appears where you can type it in.

Thanks OP - I got LAX-YVR-HKG-YYZ-LAX with a 10 hour layover in YVR on the way out over Veteran's Day weekend, figured giving up the 2.5k EQM was worth a free day to explore there.
Old Apr 14, 10, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC

Had a feeling you might be jumping in on this deal

I'm just having trouble deciding on what to book.

Also fyi, AC themselves offered fares like this out of LAS/LAX->HKG last fall.
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP75k, Nat'l Executive, and oh yea..Can't forget my UA, MR and UR collections
*A miles

I went to book it but only AC was an option for which FF number to enter. I assume I can just leave that blank and then call them up to give them my US DM number?

I know this could sound like a newb question, but any response would be great!

Thanks y'all
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by ariyo15 View Post
I went to book it but only AC was an option for which FF number to enter. I assume I can just leave that blank and then call them up to give them my US DM number?

I know this could sound like a newb question, but any response would be great!

Thanks y'all
You're exactly right! I've had this problem a number of times when booking AC at other sites, but one call to them does it all. It is possible to access your itinerary at AC.com, but because it was booked at El Cheapoair.com, it doesn't allow you to go in and change seats and add your FF #.
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP75k, Nat'l Executive, and oh yea..Can't forget my UA, MR and UR collections
Originally Posted by emcsweeney View Post
Just booked two myself...one next January to start off the new year...and a same-day turn in October arriving at 6am and leaving at 6pm...looks like I'll be taking an HKG *A lounge lounge tour
I've been checking a bunch of January dates... Which dates did you use?
Old Apr 14, 10, 9:58 pm

I've been checking a bunch of January dates... Which dates did you use?
I just tried a few dates in Jan and they all worked. What dates are you wanting? I've copied our itinerary below, which is still available:

$498 [Total Incl. fees excl. taxes ]

Air Canada
Flight 8098 DH3
More Information Seattle/Tacoma (SEA)
Vancouver (YVR) 07:55pm -26Jan, Wed
08:44pm -26Jan, Wed Nonstop
Coach

Air Canada
Flight 17 77W
More Information Vancouver (YVR)
Hong Kong (HKG) 12:30am -27Jan, Thu
06:10am -28Jan, Fri Nonstop
Coach
Flight Duration : 14hr 29min Layover Time : 3hr 46min Total Trip Time: 18hr 15min

Air Canada
Flight 18 77W
More Information Hong Kong (HKG)
Vancouver (YVR) 06:10pm -30Jan, Sun
01:30pm -30Jan, Sun Nonstop
Coach

Air Canada
Flight 8095 DH3
More Information Vancouver (YVR)
Seattle/Tacoma (SEA) 03:00pm -30Jan, Sun
03:50pm -30Jan, Sun Nonstop
Coach
Flight Duration : 12hr 10min Layover Time : 1hr 30min Total Trip Time: 13hr 40min
Old Apr 14, 10, 10:04 pm

I thiought you booked from LAS or EWR. Hmm... I'll check cheap flights to/from SEA.

THANKS!
Old Apr 14, 10, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG Gold

Have you booked already? I really want to jump on this deal, but need to figure out what I am doing on the way there. Coming back will probably route through YYZ and just skip the last leg. The problem is how to get to LAX/SFO/LAS/SEA to start to trip.
Old Apr 14, 10, 10:15 pm

I thiought you booked from LAS or EWR. Hmm... I'll check cheap flights to/from SEA.

THANKS!
What made you think that? I do have an SEA below my handle FWIW, I plugged in LAS for the same dates and it came up less than SEA And EWR is only $789 all-in...not too bad!
Old Apr 14, 10, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC
Has anyone booked PVG? I was thinking of checking out Expo (which ends on Oct 31).. best prices I was seeing routing from LAS or LAX through YYZ to PVG was $700 all in. Just wondering if anyone has stumbled across anything better.

Search this Thread