Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

Old Apr 12, 10, 12:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, US, SPG, OZ Infant Science Training Course, BEST Upper Deck, Support the Tyrants Travel Club
btw, here are the fare rules:

Code:
Fare Rules

1. Fare is non-refundable. 
2. Date changes will incur penalties (penalty plus any fare difference) and is based on availability of flight at the time of change. 
3. Date change after departure must be done by the airline directly. 
4. Routing change will incur penalty (penalty plus any fare difference) and is based on availability of new flights at the time of making the change. 
5. Contact Customer Service to make any changes.
Wow.

I tried searching for the summer but couldn't find anything. Anyone get this to work in June/July? Looking for about a month in HKG.

EDIT: nvrmind. Looks like it's only valid for Fall and beyond. Bah.

Last edited by Mr. Bean; Apr 12, 10 at 12:08 am
Old Apr 12, 10, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by SST View Post
What kind of business conducts itself this way?
Well their name is CheapOAir, isn't it? Have you tried the RLOC in some of the itin view sites like Sabre's virtuallythere.com or Galileo's viewtrip.com? It should work in one or the other if its an actual airline locator and not simply a consolidator in-house res. code.

Good luck
Old Apr 12, 10, 1:21 am

Programs: AA EXP & Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globlalist
Just booked (not ticketed yet) a weekend trip to HKG in Sept. Many dates are still available.

Minimum stay ex-LAX is not 6 days. You can fly out on Thursday night (either to YVR or YYZ) and fly back on Sunday (4 days trip). Works great for anyone who works 9/80 or 4/10.

You can also use promo code "NY15" to get another $15 off.

Last edited by nov11; Apr 12, 10 at 8:39 am
Old Apr 12, 10, 6:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nov11 View Post
Just booked (not ticketed yet) a weekend trip to HKG in Sept. Many dates are still available.

Minimum stay ex-LAX is not 6 days. You can fly out on Thursday night (either to YVR or YYZ) and fly back in on Sunday (4 days trip). Works great for anyone who works 9/80 or 4/10.

You can also use promo code "NY15" to get another $15 off.
Thx. Just booked a nice long weekend trip to HKG!
Old Apr 12, 10, 8:41 am

My ticket was issued this morning.

Anyone knows how to add my UA MP number and select seats without calling AC since the PNR cheapoair provided doesn't match that of AC's.

Last edited by nov11; Apr 12, 10 at 8:49 am
Old Apr 12, 10, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Both S and L fares are TANGO+ which means full mileage in all STAR FF programs, and upgradeable by AC Es and SEs with SSWU certs. To add FF numbers and seat selection, call AC directly. They only need the first flight, date and your name to pull up the file, then they can give you their PNR locator for future reference. Guess it's time to fish or cut bait!
Old Apr 12, 10, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
btw, here are the fare rules:

Code:
Fare Rules

1. Fare is non-refundable. 
2. Date changes will incur penalties (penalty plus any fare difference) and is based on availability of flight at the time of change. 
3. Date change after departure must be done by the airline directly. 
4. Routing change will incur penalty (penalty plus any fare difference) and is based on availability of new flights at the time of making the change. 
5. Contact Customer Service to make any changes.
Wow.

I tried searching for the summer but couldn't find anything. Anyone get this to work in June/July? Looking for about a month in HKG.

EDIT: nvrmind. Looks like it's only valid for Fall and beyond. Bah.

Apparently a similar fare was on earlier this year for the spring/summer period. Now gone.
Old Apr 12, 10, 10:34 am
SST

Well, I still don't have an email confirming the ticket number with CheapOair, but their own links gave it to me. I called AirCanada and after some scolding by their agent ("I can't pull up any records without an AC record locator", "How about the ticket number", "Assigning seats is what your agent is supposed to do!"---- geez, remind me not to make any real special requests...) I got aisles assigned throughout the ordeal.

No chance apparently of getting exit row on AC, even as a United Premiere? Perhaps somebody here can comment. She offered it to me at US$75, but that seemed to defeat the purpose of the mileage run/ordeal, so I have chosen to live life dangerously (or at least just get a seat assigned period.) Or at least wait and call back later.

Thanks to the OP for making us all aware of the fare. Now here's hoping only FT'ers take the seats, so the one next to me is vacant..... (I might designate this The Prayer Of The Mileage Runner, or "I've Got Mine").
Old Apr 12, 10, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AC now sells exit and bulkhead rows, or gives them free to its own SEs and Es.. Membership does have its privileges.
Old Apr 12, 10, 10:42 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
Apparently a similar fare was on earlier this year for the spring/summer period. Now gone.
Yes, I just finished the trip in Mar and return to US.
It was not bad.
I did get miles and elite bonus miles(1k).

Last edited by pigx5; Apr 12, 10 at 11:12 am
Old Apr 12, 10, 10:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan E
Just wondering what camera you used?

Duane

Originally Posted by pigx5 View Post
Yes, I just finished the trip in Mar and it was not bad.
I did get miles and elite bonus miles(1k).
Old Apr 12, 10, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by SST View Post
Well, I still don't have an email confirming the ticket number with CheapOair, but their own links gave it to me.
I didn't get a confirmation e-mail as well, but Cheapoair's website provided me with the e-tix number (I guess my air tix are all set now!)
Old Apr 12, 10, 11:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan E
I didn't get any email update either, but when I checked my booking on their website the eticket number was there now (yesterday it was not) I called AC Elite number and got my bulkhead seats booked just in case upgrade doesn't go through.

Duane

Originally Posted by nov11 View Post
I didn't get a confirmation e-mail as well, but Cheapoair's website provided me with the e-tix number (I guess my air tix are all set now!)
Old Apr 12, 10, 11:35 am

The Air Canada PNR was on my confirmation page from Cheapoair. It is also visible on checkmytrip.com before and after the reservation has been ticketed. I was able to pull up my reservation on Air Canada's website with it.

You still need to call Air Canada though to get seat assignments.
Old Apr 12, 10, 1:50 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by Henwurst
The Air Canada PNR was on my confirmation page from Cheapoair. It is also visible on checkmytrip.com before and after the reservation has been ticketed. I was able to pull up my reservation on Air Canada's website with it.

You still need to call Air Canada though to get seat assignments.
Finally managed to get AC PNR through the web. You have to use checkmytrip.com and login using CheapOair record locator. AC's PNR is provided in the checkmytrip.com page.

You still need to call AC to add your FFP number and get seat assignments.

Search this Thread