Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

Old May 13, 10, 4:32 pm

Ticketing issue pls help

Child fare is pulled......

Last edited by Black Hawk; May 13, 10 at 10:27 pm Reason: fare gone
Old May 13, 10, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K, DL-Gold, H GP-Diamond
2a + 2c =$1750 ai

Finally got vacation request square away and got my brother's family (2A+2C) to join in. Went to pull the trigger, but child fare is gone for gone!

$600 is still a good fare to HK, but spoiled by other deals.....moving on to the next FT deal.
Old May 15, 10, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Multiple passenger help

Post removed.

Last edited by rehoult; May 20, 10 at 4:48 pm Reason: Double post
Old May 17, 10, 11:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Multiple passngers

Has anyone had any luck booking this deal for multiple passengers? Another FTer and me are looking to do a run, but whenever I search for 2 passengers the prices are well above MR range. Any recommendations?
Old May 17, 10, 11:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
Has anyone had any luck booking this deal for multiple passengers? Another FTer and me are looking to do a run, but whenever I search for 2 passengers the prices are well above MR range. Any recommendations?
A few weeks ago, I made a reservation for 2 adults SFO to PEK in December.
Old May 17, 10, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
sfo pek works Sept 15th to sept 22
Old May 17, 10, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post

Problem is with L class on the flights through YYZ-HKG. On these flights L Class is L=1 or L=0 while the YVR-HKG are all L=9.

I'm going to use expert flyer to see if there is decent L inventory through YYZ.
Old Jun 13, 10, 1:56 pm

is the fare still available? I've tried multiple dates in Sept/Oct with no luck.
Old Jun 14, 10, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by 1K+ View Post
is the fare still available? I've tried multiple dates in Sept/Oct with no luck.
I think it is dead. I managed to score 2 tickets previously, but I think the fare has gradually gone up the past few months. I think there might still be a slight discount, but nothing more than $100 off. This is my impression, but I could be wrong.
Old Jun 17, 10, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
seems to be gone
Old Aug 4, 10, 8:38 am

Programs: AA, AS, CX, SQ, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
According to here, AC will seasonally (probably) reduce the YYZ/YVR flights starting on Oct 31 to 5 weekly. It has also been changed from a red-eye to a morning flight.

So now the change has screwed up my schedule, causing an overnight during my transit in YVR from SEA. It also leaves me only 30 minutes for my in-bound connecting flight to clear US immigration and custom, which is impossible. I am sure it screws up others, too. In this case, will the AC rep be willing to assist, or do I have to contact cheapoair? I will experiment it if nobody knows, but just checking first.

Last edited by buschoi; Aug 4, 10 at 10:08 am Reason: corrected some facts
Old Aug 4, 10, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by buschoi View Post
According to here, AC will seasonally combine the YYZ and YVR flights starting on Oct 31 and reduce the combined flight to 5 weekly. So it looks like despite the great deal, AC is still having a hard time filling up ONE plane for BOTH YYZ and YVR (hence the 5 weekly).

So now the change has screwed up my schedule, causing an overnight during my transit in YVR from SEA. I am sure it screws up others, too. In this case, will the AC rep be willing to assist, or do I have to contact cheapoair? I will experiment it if nobody knows, but just checking first.
A few points:

1) For the sake of clarity, AC017/018 was always a through service from YYZ to HKG via YVR. It is just being re-numbered, retimed and scaled back. The YYZ non-stop service, AC015/016, remains in place.

2) AC will refer you to Cheapoair for any pre-travel changes.
Old Aug 4, 10, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2 View Post
A few points:

1) For the sake of clarity, AC017/018 was always a through service from YYZ to HKG via YVR. It is just being re-numbered, retimed and scaled back. The YYZ non-stop service, AC015/016, remains in place.
Just checked and that's right. I guess I didn't fly AC enough to HKG + always originate in west coast.

The move will switch the two YYZ flights to depart both in the morning rather than one in the morning and one red-eye. Interesting move.

Last edited by buschoi; Aug 4, 10 at 9:17 am
Old Aug 4, 10, 9:49 am

Does anyone know what rights we have? Can I demand that they put me on a different carrier to get me in on time or am I at their mercy? Cancellation?

This is really messing things up for me!
Old Aug 5, 10, 12:45 pm

I called cheapoair, got answered in 30 seconds, and spent an hour with a very nice and patience rep to discuss about the options. So I turned the outbound to a small MR, and pushed a day on the inbound, all for free. So the new itin is SEA-YVR-YYZ-HKG-YVR-SEA. I am happy as I get to try out AC's 763 and 77L, earn more miles, and earn more flight points for my Citi PremierPass. The rep probably thought I was crazy to go thru YYZ, but I was of course happy.

Search this Thread