Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: seeking to maximize miles CHI-ANC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL

Hiya, folks! I'm taking a one-way trip to ANC next month (May 8th or 9th) and hope to maximize miles on whatever assortment of Star Alliance carriers you good people can come up with.

UA, in particular, has a $234.10 + taxes, etc. fare that looks particularly nice, but I'm uncertain how to find creative routings that would maximize my miles for the lowest fare/best bang for the buck. Anything via HNL or some other distant airport?

Replies by PM are particularly welcome.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Maclock
Hiya, folks! I'm taking a one-way trip to ANC next month (May 8th or 9th) and hope to maximize miles on whatever assortment of Star Alliance carriers you good people can come up with.

UA, in particular, has a $234.10 + taxes, etc. fare that looks particularly nice, but I'm uncertain how to find creative routings that would maximize my miles for the lowest fare/best bang for the buck. Anything via HNL or some other distant airport?

Replies by PM are particularly welcome.
Use comand:
CHI::UA UA UA UA or CO CO CO CO
ANC
ITA will autocalc your mileage
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Use comand:
CHI::UA UA UA UA or CO CO CO CO
ANC
ITA will autocalc your mileage
similarily, you can use CHI :: UA+ HNL UA+
or CHI :: uA+ HNL
if you want to force HNL into the mix, but i doubt it would work since no UA HNL-ANC

or to backtrack thru iad to start with CHI :: IAD UA UA...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Thumbs up

Thanks, folks! I'll mess around with ITA and see if I can turn up something interesting.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:44 am

I've usually done ORD-SFO-ANC to maximize mileage, at least outbound.
The return flights haven't been as convenient in terms of departure times.
I didn't check this years schedule as yet, but previously you could do this all on UA metal. ORD-DEN-ANC is the other UA metal option, and with CO I believe the routing is via IAH. I do not believe HNL is a valid routing on your low fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.