Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

How many tickets have you bought for any given mistake fare?

How many tickets have you bought for any given mistake fare?

Old Mar 11, 10, 11:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question How many tickets have you bought for any given mistake fare?

How many tickets have you bought and used for any one mistake fare? It's been a long time since a real good mistake fare. I was able to use the OTP mistake fare only once, in fact that's the only mistake fare I have been able to use.
Show your support by voting for it.
I vote for one now.
Old Mar 11, 10, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
How many tickets have you bought and used for any one mistake fare? It's been a long time since a real good mistake fare. I was able to use the OTP mistake fare only once, in fact that's the only mistake fare I have been able to use.
I vote for one now.
Not enough.

Never enough.

Three of CO misfiled MSP-LGW and still not enough. Two of CM LAX-PTY in H. I couldn't book them fast enough, I knew the deal was expiring but like many of us, I had to keep one eye on the calendar and juggle the upcoming obligations as I was selecting dates and clicking through to purchase. On the upside, I was able to work this into another CO MR from DCA to LIM.
Old Mar 11, 10, 12:13 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Zip, zero, zilch, 0.

Old Mar 11, 10, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group

Let me move this to the discussion forum.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Mar 11, 10, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
I vote for one now.
For me personally, it's in the many dozens -- including the AZ YYZ-LCA, SK OSL-PVG/PEK and NW BUH fare deal to OTP.
Old Mar 11, 10, 1:02 pm

Programs: Various
Usually just 4 - for myself and my immediate family, since no one else I know seems to be able to jump on a deal despite my prompting! (They usually need to "think about it for a while" - sigh.) The one exception is the $200 ORD-LHR fares a few years ago - we booked 10 of those for a big family Thanksgiving in London.
Old Mar 11, 10, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mechteach View Post
Usually just 4 - for myself and my immediate family, since no one else I know seems to be able to jump on a deal despite my prompting! (They usually need to "think about it for a while" - sigh.) The one exception is the $200 ORD-LHR fares a few years ago - we booked 10 of those for a big family Thanksgiving in London.
We booked 8. This was in the days when 1K's could have up to 8 folks in e+, even if not on same pnr.
Old Mar 11, 10, 1:47 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Booked eight of the $1.86 US Airways transcons several years ago. Four for me and four for mrs hiyo.

They all started as SAN-PIT-ART, and the first one was indeed that. We stayed overnight in nearby Sackets Harbor.

Then we took a bump in PIT on the next one, giving up the leg to Watertown for $200 each in travel credits, plus hotel and meal vouchers. The schedule changed, and the itineraries were no longer viable, so we flew SAN-PIT-BUF and stayed in Niagara Falls and SAN-PIT-YOW.

IIRC, the fares were about $30 all-in. We status matched to US Silver and flew most of the segments in FC, such as it is on US.

Last edited by hiyo; Mar 11, 10 at 5:13 pm
Old Mar 11, 10, 2:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
i wish i could get a pie of that...but never got a chance to enjoy some mistake fares!....one day...
Old Mar 11, 10, 2:30 pm

Programs: nada
A true // $0 fare? Or something that was/may have been just a really good sale? I took 2 of the ~$250 HI deal last fall, and had my parents book 2 more of them, but that may have just been a really good sale, for all we know. Mistake, I booked a trip for 2 on the AA HOU-BZE $75 (150ai) last spring. Still kicking myself for not doing the MSP-LON or west coast-AKL(?) in UA C deals over the last few years.
Old Mar 11, 10, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
Not enough.

Never enough.

Three of CO misfiled MSP-LGW and still not enough. Two of CM LAX-PTY in H. I couldn't book them fast enough, I knew the deal was expiring but like many of us, I had to keep one eye on the calendar and juggle the upcoming obligations as I was selecting dates and clicking through to purchase. On the upside, I was able to work this into another CO MR from DCA to LIM.
I also bought the CO MSP-LGW for all of us, but had to get a refund as it looked like I was going to be really busy at work. Guess what? I was laid off the day after I got a refund!
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
For me personally, it's in the many dozens -- including the AZ YYZ-LCA, SK OSL-PVG/PEK and NW BUH fare deal to OTP.
I booked four, one for each one in the family as the fare to OTP was being pulled. I managed to find it at the Canadian Travelocity site.

Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
I don't think you read the MR sticky. If you read it, I am afraid you did not understand it. It will help keep us all on topic if you would read before responding.
And have you bought any tickets on mistake fares Mr Cook. I believe that is the topic.
Old Mar 11, 10, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I wouldn't know.

No airline has ever contacted me to inform me the ticket I was about to fly on was a mistake.

They set the price, I pay what it asks. I have absolutely no insight into their intent behind how their prices are set.
Old Mar 11, 10, 3:17 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
uh yeah, whatever channa.

I got 11 during the BA $20 deal, but only 2 were for myself
Old Mar 11, 10, 4:11 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
UA's CNZ fare is the only one we've been able to take advantage of.
Old Mar 11, 10, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I got in heavy on that US $1.98 thing from LEB and Watertown, NY a few years back. That was nifty.

In that case they admitted it was a mistake but said they would honor it anyway. ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: