Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Fare Gone) UA: US to Canada flight + hotel as low as $150 ai + 10000 bonus miles

(Fare Gone) UA: US to Canada flight + hotel as low as $150 ai + 10000 bonus miles

Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by jjclancy
AC will say that UA owns the reservation, so they won't do assignments for you.
UA will say that AC doesn't let them see the seatmaps.

You'll have to wait until checkin.
Ouch, thank goodness my LGA-YYZ will be less than an hour.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver
Not a bad deal - best I can find is Denver - Toronto for $321.74 per person ai for February (price will vary based on your hotel choice) Gives you approx 7,650 miles (2,650 straight + 5k bonus, note that ORD - YYZ is 437 if you are not premier status yet)
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
$208 SEA-SFO-DEN-YEG returns available weekends Jan/Feb, 5330 EQMs, 15660 RDMs if you're 1P/1K, that's 0.66cprdm, assuming both passengers get the 5,000 bonus. All travel on UA/UX metal.

I have a refund/travel credit request pending. I am not asking UA Vacations for the refund, just UA on the fare itself, so only the fare rules should matter. Will advise of the outcome.
I still don't get how that would work?... i read your post from earlier about this. So you pay $177 for a package to YYC cancel and then get a $300 voucher? I'm not so sure this will work.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by humanoid94
Any tips on getting seat assignments on UA coded/ AC operated flights? I have my UA PNR and UA ticket number, but no other information.
I called AC res ... gave the agent flight number (codeshare; UA8xxx), origin/destination, and departure time. The agent asked for my name, and was able to assign me seat. It doesn't hurt to ask for AC PNR, which the agent gladly provided me with one.

The agent also recognized our star gold status.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by aaron1262
So you pay $177 for a package to YYC cancel and then get a $300 voucher? I'm not so sure this will work.
I'm not sure either - but it can't hurt trying. Would be 2 x ~$150 vouchers in the names originally booked.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by futureacnp
I called AC res ... gave the agent flight number (codeshare; UA8xxx), origin/destination, and departure time. The agent asked for my name, and was able to assign me seat. It doesn't hurt to ask for AC PNR, which the agent gladly provided me with one.
Does your seat selection show up in the UA itinerary display? (I've made requests before via that technique that have not 'stuck'.)
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:36 am

Does your seat selection show up in the UA itinerary display? (I've made requests before via that technique that have not 'stuck'.)
Not on UA, but when I pulled the res on the AC website using AC PNR it does show the seat assignments.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:38 am

Not on UA, but when I pulled the res on the AC website using AC PNR it does show the seat assignments.
Good to know, thx for the detail. ^
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Good to know, thx for the detail. ^
It doesn't matter if AC PNR shows the seat numbers because they are requests only. If you do a dummy booking for your same flights, your requested seats are probably still available.

All of my seats have been requested but are still shown as pending When doing a dummy booking, all of my requested seats are up for grabs for anyone who books AC directly.

IME, it's only confirmed when UA shows the seat number. UA has the ability to go into the seatmap, but they can only assign windows seats as all aisle seats are "handicapped" according to UA. It's frustrating. I don't know if our seat requests will ever be confirmed
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:59 am

Thumbs up

This is a good deal.

Booked LAX-YVR for Jan 29 to Jan 31. $151.78, a.i. for 2 people. $75 per person for a long weekend in Vancouver. Staying out in Surrey, but it is closer to our friends. Can not beat the price, plus 5,000 MP miles. Do I also get miles for the plane ride?

Rented a car through Alamo for another $51 (Canadian?), also booked through the United website.

Thanks for sharing
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Is it just me, or is the GOCANADA code not taking off $600 anymore?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Deal is dead now. They revised the terms, now says must be a minimum of $750 per person spend before the coupon is applied.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
Deal is dead now. They revised the terms, now says must be a minimum of $750 per person spend before the coupon is applied.
Meet the Fockers!~
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
That was the rule from the beginning. Only now they have fixed the bug
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
i managed to book ewr - montreal for feb 5 through feb 7th at travelodge downtown for usd 232 in total. however, the promo seems to be dead now. it does not take off 600 usd any more. i intended to book a second weekend...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.