Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ: interesting fares

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:44 pm

Are these only available on the SQ website? I can't find them anywhere else...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:52 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rcherskov
Okay, I've been searching for about a half hour and I give up -- where can I find Star Alliance online upgrade availability?
Originally Posted by abcx
SQ upgrade booking classes are the same as their award classes:
http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
The problem with most sites is that you cannot specify the booking class you are looking for. I would be happy to help long time FTers issue these tickets. Just send me a PM.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3
The problem with most sites is that you cannot specify the booking class you are looking for. I would be happy to help long time FTers issue these tickets. Just send me a PM.
I can't even find them on ITA, which is usually reliable, by explicitly searching the fare class.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I see a $300 o/w plus tax in Y for NYC-FRA ... tempting, let's see if this is bookable and then there is the upgrade game
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by chewy3
does this work on Orbitz/CT? You can specify flexible/refundable ticket search (also possible on expedia, I think).
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
does this work on Orbitz/CT? You can specify flexible/refundable ticket search (also possible on expedia, I think).
It then looks for a Y fare (I think) which is about 3-4k on both ITA and Orbitz. Does not pull up the $900 Y fare or the $800 B fare.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It then looks for a Y fare (I think) which is about 3-4k on both ITA and Orbitz. Does not pull up the $900 Y fare or the $800 B fare.
it pulls up the Y fare with SQ directly, but not the B fare ... anyone know where to book the B fare?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
it pulls up the Y fare with SQ directly, but not the B fare ... anyone know where to book the B fare?
You can book the B fare directly from SQ website, e.g. JFK (3/17) - FRA (3/22) - JFK for $781.98. Cancellation or Refund is allowed with a fee of $75.

Btw, Thanks Chewy3.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
You can find a sympathetic TA or like I said earlier just PM me with what you're looking for.

The reason flexible search does not find the fare most of the time is that these are not completely flexible (small fee to change), and there are multiple Y/B fares filed for the same routing most of the time (some of which are very expensive which is what is coming up for most of you).

For those with SQ miles and who can pull the fare up on their website, you can process online upgrades.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:04 pm

the 900 Y fare would be nice...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the 900 Y fare would be nice...
why go Y if you can get B for less money. As far as I understand it makes no difference for the upgrade.
I am tempted, but not sure since the upgrade is uncertain and I have to get from BOS to NYC.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Where are you guys seeing the one way Y fares to FRA ?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:34 pm

why go Y if you can get B for less money. As far as I understand it makes no difference for the upgrade.
I am tempted, but not sure since the upgrade is uncertain and I have to get from BOS to NYC.
50% more EQM on CO.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

50% more EQM on CO.
o.k., but for $200 more ... not worth it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.