15% Off ExpertFlyer

Old Nov 10, 09, 7:01 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Posts: 2,411
15% Off ExpertFlyer

Saw this in a Google AdSense ad while browsing at Yapta.
May come in handy for those who use ExpertFlyer or new signups.

YAPTANOV
15% Off.
xanthuos is offline  
Old Nov 10, 09, 7:06 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BOS
Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Posts: 3,312
Originally Posted by xanthuos View Post
Saw this in a Google AdSense ad while browsing at Yapta.
May come in handy for those who use ExpertFlyer or new signups.

YAPTANOV
15% Off.
Darn it...just renewed for the year last week. Still worth every penny.^
RedSox is offline  
Old Nov 10, 09, 7:36 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Cool. Do you know when this will expire?
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  
Old Nov 10, 09, 7:53 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CLT
Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Posts: 326
just tried to use, this is what it said...."expired" or already used
mikey110890 is offline  
Old Nov 10, 09, 9:57 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Shucks. So it's a one-time use thing... I'm guessing the NOV part means valid in November, but it doesn't matter now.
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 1:10 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Posts: 2,411
No, it shouldn't be a one-time use. It was a Google text ad.
I haven't tried it yet because I won't be renewing until the 23rd, but again, I doubt it is a one-time use. Perhaps mikey just had problems using it.
xanthuos is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 1:44 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Posts: 2,411
Here is a screen capture. I just was shown the same ad.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5/screencapture.jpg
xanthuos is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 8:19 am
  #8  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,544
I'm sorry folks but that coupon is no longer valid, our friends at Yapta just haven't removed it yet. That aside it was for new users only, not valid on renewals.

If we should run a promotion in the future directed at existing users, you'll see an individual coupon code in your email.

In the meantime please feel free to discuss all things ExpertFlyer on our main thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...es-thread.html

-EFV
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 11:23 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Posts: 2,411
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
I'm sorry folks but that coupon is no longer valid, our friends at Yapta just haven't removed it yet. That aside it was for new users only, not valid on renewals.

If we should run a promotion in the future directed at existing users, you'll see an individual coupon code in your email.

In the meantime please feel free to discuss all things ExpertFlyer on our main thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...es-thread.html

-EFV
A bit chintzy, IMO, considering it is only the 11th of November. How long was the coupon valid for, a matter of hours?
xanthuos is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 11:44 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CLT
Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by xanthuos View Post
A bit chintzy, IMO, considering it is only the 11th of November. How long was the coupon valid for, a matter of hours?
+1 I was going to renew but based on the path they chose on how to handle this, forget it.
mikey110890 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 09, 11:53 am
  #11  
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,544
Originally Posted by xanthuos View Post
How long was the coupon valid for, a matter of hours?
No, since the begining of the month, it just took 11 days for someone to post it on FT. It was an experiment we were trying exclusively with Yapta for new EF users. However since it's now out in the open, the test is now invalid, hence we're turning it off. We apologise for any misunderstanding.

Keep an eye on your inbox, we do other promotions from time to time and when we do we will let you know via email.

-EFV

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Nov 11, 09 at 12:09 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice is offline  
Old Nov 16, 09, 8:03 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Posts: 2,411
While I was disappointed with how ExpertFlyer chose to handle the coupon code I posted in the OP (saying it was "no longer valid" rather than full disclosure that they pulled it because it was supposed to be targeted), I was pleased that the recent e-mail I received announcing Seat Alerts included a 15% off coupon code. I will be using it for my renewal.

For those whose EF subscription has lapsed, make sure to carefully read the e-mails you receive from ExpertFlyer.
xanthuos is offline  
Old Nov 16, 09, 11:13 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Up in the Air OR Down to Earth ;)
Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Posts: 1,369
Sorry for a OT question: I am curious to find out what folks use expertflyer for? Why is it necessary? Cool features?
Cheerfulflyer is offline  
Old Nov 16, 09, 11:38 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAX
Posts: 6,768
Originally Posted by xanthuos View Post
While I was disappointed with how ExpertFlyer chose to handle the coupon code I posted in the OP (saying it was "no longer valid" rather than full disclosure that they pulled it because it was supposed to be targeted), I was pleased that the recent e-mail I received announcing Seat Alerts included a 15% off coupon code. I will be using it for my renewal.

For those whose EF subscription has lapsed, make sure to carefully read the e-mails you receive from ExpertFlyer.
My, are we so easily swayed?

I, too, will be renewing
FlyMeToTheLooneyBin is offline  
Old Nov 16, 09, 6:46 pm
  #15  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: various
Posts: 2,972
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer View Post
Sorry for a OT question: I am curious to find out what folks use expertflyer for? Why is it necessary? Cool features?
a quick google found this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...es-thread.html and this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ert-flyer.html
soy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: