Wiki Posts
Search

DL IND mileage runs...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
DL IND mileage runs...

I have done a lot of work and research and have been able to create good routes that can get me below 5 cpm.

I guess my question is not for specific dates and deals, but has anyone noticed specific destinations that are repeats out of IND.

For example SAN and SJU are not terrible.

Thought this could be helpful for some of those IND based. Driving to ORD is manageable but is not desirable.

Ita has shown a few other gems, but i have trouble finding Strong international because I always have to connect via hubs.

Here's to hoping for good discussion. I will post a few deals here after I get some sleep.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 8:39 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
you could also start at sdf.....
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Is sdf stronger for runs? I'm in actually in school still in southern imdiana and sdf is not a bad drive for me at all.

I'll see what I can concoct from there.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
sdf is an option, i don't know how good it is.....

personally, i like to just plug in the usual suspects for my dates & see what comes up, after a pass thru mr deals.....places like las mid week, sea,lax, bos, clt might be good....
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Bumping this up - any updates...

...any updates from IND based runners? Would love to hear your experiences, routings, etc.

Obviously now in December, it is quite tough and expensive to do

The SIN deal out of IND was quite the surprise, but couldn't break from school for the time.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Yes moved to Indianapolis from between CHA and ATL about 6 weeks ago. So far done IND-ATL-BOS and this weekend doing IND-DCA-BDL-ATL-IND and then next week IND-ATL-MAN-ATL-IND. So far it is expensive and costing me about 9cpm for the MQM but a lot less than that for total miles. Loads of deals coming up in February - tried SDF and not too bad but the 2 hour drive on I-65 is not something to look forward to. FWA is not cheap and nore is Evansville. IND-BOS is pretty good especially when it gets routed via ATL.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IND-DUB in January for long weekends is good and also in February. It does tempt you with 374 dollars but the tax takes it to 800 dollars. Not bad if you like Guiness and Caffreys and Irish culture.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In January and February I can get about 7cpm to Honolulu. Nice. IND-ATL-SEA-HNL-SFO-MSP-IND for a shade short of 10000 miles for about 700 - not bad at all.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:22 am
Original Poster

So it would seem that some just need to bite the bullet and run at around 7 CPM MQM? Certainly not great, but oh well- I did see the HNL feb deals.

I wonder if the YQ to DUB can be shaved down...
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, National Executive, IHG Platinum
I've had some luck hopping from hub to hub on fares to the southwest with permissive rules. My only MR this year (which turned out to be unnecessary) was IND-MSP-SLC-PHX-MEM-IND (same day turn) for ~$200 if I remember right. I missed the IND-MSP leg after oversleeping and ended up just SDCing all over, I can't even remember what route I actually ended up flying but it worked out to ~4k MQM. Of course hub-to-hub flights are rough for upgrades.

There were deals to SAN and SJU out there that you could work down into the 5-6cpm range. Not sure what's live lately. IND isn't as easy as LGA/JFK/EWR for sure! Check the map here (http://www.farecompare.com/maps/) and then start playing with routings after reading the fare rules.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:13 am

Also, IMO SDF is useless. You end up connecting to the same ex-DTW/MSP/ATL flights as you would out of IND, there are fewer ex-SDF flights so timing is less convenient, and they almost always cost the same or more... plus there are almost no direct flights, the only additions to the aforementioned hubs are MEM and LGA (1x!). And finally the worst part, SDF doesn't have a Sky Club.

CVG is far more interesting, but as has been frequently noted, often overpriced. I actually choose to fly DL specifically because it doesn't require me to ever visit ORD, so that's a non-starter for me.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
We certainly are limited here... Please post any other good deals that come up!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by JoshC
We certainly are limited here... Please post any other good deals that come up!
Per your request:

I'm building ~5cpm runs off of this RT:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...140-3-cpm.html

IND-ATL-LAX-DTW-MIA-DTW-LAX-ATL-IND (11142 MQM, $601.40)

Upgrades will be rough and at least one version of that sample routing has back-to-back red-eyes but that's likely fixable with some work. OWs IND-LAX and LAX-IND are ~$200 on a variety of dates, some with 3 connections for extra miles (according to ITA, might take some leg work to get those booked). Personally I'm thinking of booking OWs out to LAX and back then lapping LAX-MIA a couple of times. I think I can get this down under 4cpm no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.