Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

US: PHL-LAX rt $259 all-in nonstop with DOUBLE EQM

Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt

I just booked PHL-LAX on US for $259 all-in for 3/5. That's a nice deal on it's own, but US now has a double EQM promotion good until 3/30. So I'll get 9604 EQM (2.7 cents/miles).

I'm spending the weekend in L.A., but same-day turnarounds are available at this price. In fact, you can take a weekday 6PM flight out PHL and return at 6:30AM the next morning on the red-eye: so you can do this MR without missing work!

Last edited by tommyleo; Feb 9, 2009 at 10:43 pm
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
It's a marginal deal. At close to 200$ it would be a better deal.

I've seen FLO (Florence SC) -> CLT -> PHX -> PDX (and return) for 207$ a.i.

HTSC
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:52 am

tommyleo,

Thanks for posting this. It's a good deal, especially for the double EQMs month.

Of course, we've all seen better deals in the past, but for now, this is a good deal worthy of being posted and one of which I wish I could take advantage.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:30 am

Definitely not a terrible deal for a transcon.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:06 am

OK, newbie question: Do I need a US Airways account or is double EQM available for all *A partners, i.e. AC in my case ? I'm considering using this or similar for a positioning flight for a MR so the 100% bonus would be icing on the cake
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan E
I am also Aeroplan, and interested in this, can someone post a link to the double EQM deal? I would like to read the small print so to speak, to see if it would apply to Aeroplan.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Other city pairs are cheaper. For instance, there is a $220 all-in from RIC>PHL>LAX. That yields 11,604 EQM during the double EQM promotion for a net of $0.0189 per EQM.

As far as I know, the double EQM is only for miles posted to a US FF account.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:19 pm

Here is the list of cities eligible:

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...m_markets.aspx

EDIT:

Here is the Promo info, details are sketchy at best http://www.usairways.com/awa/profile...c=hp_txt_00549

Last edited by dcottom; Feb 10, 2009 at 12:42 pm
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E
Hmm, seems like you would need to have a:

Dividend Miles Number

I don't see how I could have them go directly into my AP
Old Feb 10, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
i'm not sure where that list of city-pairs is from, but i am pretty sure that the double preferred miles promotion is not limited to any specifc pair(s), based on my recent conversation with the chairman's desk.

Originally Posted by dcottom

EDIT:

Here is the Promo info, details are sketchy at best http://www.usairways.com/awa/profile...c=hp_txt_00549
Old Feb 10, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
This route was $214RT AI for most of January (as was UA: LAX-PHL).
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by OverpaidSlacker
i'm not sure where that list of city-pairs is from, but i am pretty sure that the double preferred miles promotion is not limited to any specifc pair(s), based on my recent conversation with the chairman's desk.
I was pointed there by calling the US contact center The same agent was not able to answer the question about credit to other *A partner's program mind you either... She kept asking if I had tried contacting AC (I think she maybe meant Aeroplan(?))
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:42 pm

I was pointed there by calling the US contact center The same agent was not able to answer the question about credit to other *A partner's program mind you either... She kept asking if I had tried contacting AC (I think she maybe meant Aeroplan(?))
I don't see how US Airways could possibly give you double Aeroplan points? The offer is for double Dividend Miles and if you want the 100% bonus, surely you must credit the flight to DM, no?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by mirobatka
I don't see how US Airways could possibly give you double Aeroplan points? The offer is for double Dividend Miles and if you want the 100% bonus, surely you must credit the flight to DM, no?
I agree, it was a long shot... but I figured it was worth a call to make sure I wasn't missing out on a good EQM opportunity
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt

I'm almost certain that whoever gave you that link is confused. That link is for an old promotion that gave double miles for those particular segments only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.