FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA: JFK-YYC $231.07 a/i (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/915522-ua-jfk-yyc-231-07-i.html)

blu816305 Jan 28, 2009 1:17 pm

UA: JFK-YYC $231.07 a/i

UA: JFK-YYC $231.07 a/i

Saw this price in October but for date before ski season started.
Calgary from NYC is usually in the $400 range

$231.07 for 4082 miles thru April.

Time to strap on the snowboard and head to Banff.

jesus4jets Jan 28, 2009 6:10 pm

$251 a/i on AA

routing through DFW flying Saturday/Tues/Wed - but the minimum stay is 3 nights or a Saturday night

can do Saturday return on Sunday for ~+$15 or same day for an extra ~$30

About 4.3 cents per EQM.

SeattleFred Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

You can route JFK-SFO-YYC-SFO-JFK to boost the miles to 7200+ and get p.s. on both transcons. This prices at $252.20, or 3.5 cents/EQM.

billybob123 Jan 29, 2009 7:58 am

Seems to work in reverse as well, including the non=stops on AC.

superdawg Jan 29, 2009 8:13 am

Also bookable on Aircanada.com for C$279ai in Tango Plus

blueslip Jan 29, 2009 10:16 am

This can be had for $266 for a total of 7986 EQMS (3.3cpm) on the following JFK-LAX-SFO-YYC-SFO-LAX-JFK routing all upgradable using CR1. Nice find. ^

blu816305 Jan 29, 2009 4:08 pm

UA: JFK-YYC-SFO-YYC same day

I'm getting better at this. I swear!

JFK-YYC-SFO-YYC same day turn $217.70 .bomb

5645 miles about 3.8 cpm

booking class s

cimber Jan 29, 2009 5:31 pm

Thanks for the info on this deal. During my visit to new york in march i will go on a day trip to yyc. I have booked lga-yul-yyc-yyz-yul-lga with an evening in yyc leaving back to nyc at 12.25am in the night. $ 267 for approximately 5.000 LH Miles, as it is booked in S and all flights are on AC. It is not that MR, but a fair ratio and my first ever visit to canada.

cimber

itsme Jan 29, 2009 9:20 pm

I thought I would point out that YYC might call for thermal undies at this time of year, but surprised to see it was 43F today, substantially warmer than here in WAS today. Banf is nice; Jasper is less than what I had expected. Rodeo is something to do, if there at that time of year.

billybob123 Jan 30, 2009 6:28 am

Originally Posted by itsme (Post 11168481)
I thought I would point out that YYC might call for thermal undies at this time of year, but surprised to see it was 43F today, substantially warmer than here in WAS today.

Don't get used to that kind of weather. A month ago it was -25F - for about two weeks straight!

Bring a warm jacket and hat and mitts and it is a nice visit... forget them and it might be unpleasant!!

bizaro86 Jan 30, 2009 7:50 am

If anyone is planning to go soon, I'd note that the Sheraton Suites Eau Claire is on Starpicks at a great rate for this weekend and next. ($143) I know its a sheraton, but its a great location, and its probably one of the nicest Sheratons anywhere, with great service. Could turn a mileage run into a mileage/mattress run, for anyone needing SPG nights.

Michael

roadtripman Jan 30, 2009 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by itsme (Post 11168481)
I thought I would point out that YYC might call for thermal undies at this time of year, but surprised to see it was 43F today, substantially warmer than here in WAS today. Banf is nice; Jasper is less than what I had expected. Rodeo is something to do, if there at that time of year.

It was 58 F a couple of weeks back! That was due to our lovely Chinook winds, though. But it felt like spring, for at least a day.

Ironically, this was on the same day when it was freezing in the southeastern states! My buddy ingy told me it was a mere 38 F or so in Hilton Head, SC!

MeVoy Jan 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Don't be fooled by those Chinook winds which bring warm air for a day or two. They go as quickly as they come, and when they leave it's back to real winter.

roadtripman Jan 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by MeVoy (Post 11171959)
Don't be fooled by those Chinook winds which bring warm air for a day or two. They go as quickly as they come, and when they leave it's back to real winter.

No one's claiming Calgary is a warm paradise in the winter - but the Chinook winds bring us a day or two of lovely respite from the cold. Go as quickly as they come, sure, but they come often (every 3-4 weeks usually). Unlike places like Minneapolis and Winnipeg, which are cold to the bone all winter.

MeVoy Jan 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by roadtripman (Post 11172017)
No one's claiming Calgary is a warm paradise in the winter - but the Chinook winds bring us a day or two of lovely respite from the cold. Go as quickly as they come, sure, but they come often (every 3-4 weeks usually). Unlike places like Minneapolis and Winnipeg, which are cold to the bone all winter.

Roadtripman: Please don't misunderstand. You're located there in YYC, so I know that you know the score. I was only emphasizing it for the sake of those who are not familiar with the Chinook.