Aa: Ewr-mia-bze: $223

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa: Ewr-mia-bze: $223

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL GM
stinks. no cheap price from SAN.....what's up with >$300 taxes from SAN?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bandito
I am hoping for ORD..they are flying through ORD but not including it..just like they are flying through Miami and not including it either.

I wonder why Belize has become the spot for the fare war.
...I've got no idea, either. this wasn't on the last round of CA fare slashing; in fact, it seemed like pretty much the only one left out.

was this just the last round in the chamber, so to speak, for the region? who knows.

I bet we could practically arrange FT meetups down there by the time this is done...
Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: college loans
I booked on PL for $143 ai out of EWR at 4pm yesterday, I got spooked when aa.com went down. Ohh well, congrats for everyone getting this for cheaper, I see it's at $133 on ita now.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks guys. Taking the family to Belize next January with $30 tickets. Gotta love flyertalk!

Time to figure out another Central American country. Always wanted to go. I remember everyone says Belize City is a dump but the coast is great.

BTW, Kayak works well in finding segments. I tried to break up the outbound with a MIA or DFW overnight (to try to get to Belize earlier in the day). It theoretically works, but I couldn't get the cheap inventory on the evening flights out of EWR for my days.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks guys. Taking the family to Belize next January with $30 tickets. Gotta love flyertalk!

Time to figure out another Central American country. Always wanted to go. I remember everyone says Belize City is a dump but the coast is great.

BTW, Kayak works well in finding segments. I tried to break up the outbound with a MIA or DFW overnight (to try to get to Belize earlier in the day). It theoretically works, but I couldn't get the cheap inventory on the evening flights out of EWR for my days.
I booked it on AA.Com and got it to list ALL the flight options and there were several pages. Towards the bottom I found the ones with overnights in DFW or MIA. I used rountrip booking and not multi-city. Priced-out for me at 133 RT.^
Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, IC Plat Ambassador, Delta Skymiles
Okay, this is such a killer fare. I just booked Memorial Day weekend for $136.60 EWR to BZE. I'm going to go broke from this forum! I have LGA to ORD, EWR to YYC and EWR to BZE over the last 4 days from this board. Need to stop...
Old Oct 25, 2008, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by lls138
stinks. no cheap price from SAN.....what's up with >$300 taxes from SAN?
Get used to it... I used to live in SAN.. that drive to LAX isn't so bad at 4am

PHL is the same -exact- way....
Old Oct 25, 2008, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by blu816305
Okay, this is such a killer fare. I just booked Memorial Day weekend for $136.60 EWR to BZE. I'm going to go broke from this forum! I have LGA to ORD, EWR to YYC and EWR to BZE over the last 4 days from this board. Need to stop...
Which days are you flying? I just booked Friday -Wednesday for Memorial Day weekend for me and Mrs. sbm12. I booked via MIA both ways and paid a bit extra to avoid the overnight on the return. I figure that the extra $40/person is way better than spending cash on a hotel in DFW.

Now to find something on one of the Cayes for the long weekend...
Old Oct 25, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, IC Plat Ambassador, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by sbm12
Which days are you flying? I just booked Friday -Wednesday for Memorial Day weekend for me and Mrs. sbm12. I booked via MIA both ways and paid a bit extra to avoid the overnight on the return. I figure that the extra $40/person is way better than spending cash on a hotel in DFW.

Now to find something on one of the Cayes for the long weekend...
I booked May 20 - May 25/26th. I should have paid the extra with no overnight. That was dumb of me. Oh well, learning lesson for me to not just jump on the cheapest flight!

Nix that. Just called AA on the 24 hour rule and changed it to MIA for an extra $41. Thanks for everyone's help and advice. Didn't know about the 24 hours on AA.com.

Last edited by blu816305; Oct 25, 2008 at 4:16 pm Reason: changed flight
Old Oct 25, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Just booked EWR-DFW-BZE RT for my family of 4

2/4 - 2/8 $136.60 pp

^
Old Oct 25, 2008, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MrGneiss
I booked on PL for $143 ai out of EWR at 4pm yesterday, I got spooked when aa.com went down. Ohh well, congrats for everyone getting this for cheaper, I see it's at $133 on ita now.
Don't worry, you're not alone. I booked on Travelocity when aa.com was down as well. Better safe than sorry. I'm just happy to have gotten in on this deal. ^
Old Oct 25, 2008, 4:40 pm

Original routing credit

Originally Posted by Winglets747
There's also EWR-ORD-XNA-DFW-BZE with a lot of tight connections.

Only bring carry-ons, hope for a misconnect to get directly re-routed, and finally request original routing mileage credit.
Is AA pretty good about giving original routing credit for misconnects beyond the control of the pax's fault?

I thought they were tightening up on that (or was that UA?).
Old Oct 25, 2008, 7:16 pm

Lots of dates still available. ^

Do we know if this is a planned fare sale, a fare sale that was supposed to have a fuel surcharge or simple a fare mistake?

I got 4 tickets today for $133, then next cheapest fare for the same dates are $500+
Old Oct 25, 2008, 7:17 pm

Mods, this fare is now bookable for as low as $133 all in. Perhaps the thead title could be changed to match.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks to the OP.

Booked EWR-ORD-DFW-BZE-MIA-EWR for $150. No overnight layover in connecting cities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.