Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

PDX-SVG (Stavanger, Norway) $445 on FC for mid April, Skyteam

PDX-SVG (Stavanger, Norway) $445 on FC for mid April, Skyteam

Old Mar 26, 08, 1:26 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I did a MR there in Feb; luckily my brother is stationed there at the NATO Headquarters... A BIG MAC combo meal in Stavanger will set you back $18.00US. I did not eat one, just noticed the cost.

Fortunately my brother shops at the BX at normal (US) prices and we ate at his place most of the time.

I went to see the movie 'Jumper' while there, cost me $19.00US for a ticket. I also brought one whiskey sour and three beers at the 'Checkpoint Charlie' club and paid about $85.00US.

I'm not complaining, I've been to Norway before; I'm just letting people know what the cost of living is like there. Beautiful country, BTW.
It may cost you $18USD for fast food, but even the girls in Burger King look like models!! (Can't say the same for the UK where it'll still cost you $10USD for the food!!)

Besides, if my starting salary was 67.2k USD I wouldn't think twice about the cost
Old Mar 26, 08, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by OttoMH View Post
It may cost you $18USD for fast food, but even the girls in Burger King look like models!! (Can't say the same for the UK where it'll still cost you $10USD for the food!!)
No doubt!
And they're very friendly in Norway, especially in the lesser cities, and especially to Americans.

You sort of get what you pay for.

There's a saying...
In England, a gal looks like a 3 thinks she's a 6, and acts like an 8.
In Norway, a gal looks like a 9, thinks she's a 5 and acts like a 2!
^
Old Mar 26, 08, 3:47 pm

Programs: Continental, American
Originally Posted by pokecheckted View Post
No doubt!
And they're very friendly in Norway, especially in the lesser cities, and especially to Americans.

You sort of get what you pay for.

There's a saying...
In England, a gal looks like a 3 thinks she's a 6, and acts like an 8.
In Norway, a gal looks like a 9, thinks she's a 5 and acts like a 2!
^
Absolutely (about the girls). It's not difficult at all to, uhmmmmm, well, I won't go there, but if you're a sailor, you'd love it.

I am happily married to a Norwegian myself. However, only by citizenship, she does not speak any Norwegian; she was born and raised in Barcelona, and at the time she was born, Spain did not grant automatic citizenship as does the US, so she had to take her father's nationality.

Anyway, back to Norway. We've visited her family from Bergen, Oslo and way up north to Tromso. I must admit, all the females in her family are very attractive, even the older aunts age well, as are the men good looking I suppose. Must be in the genes, no pun intended.

Sorry to have veered of topic.

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; Mar 26, 08 at 3:55 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: