Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

US: OAK/SJC - ATL ... ~580 a.i. in First.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US: OAK/SJC - ATL ... ~580 a.i. in First.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:11 am

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Obviously if you're at the 6.25x mileage plateau this then is a quite a good deal. While I would abhor a US run normally, I might do one or two of these, if I could work them into a business trip of some sort.
That was my reason for booking this, cheaper than buying the miles, not to mention I get a lot more miles this way rather than buying ^
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Originally Posted by ingy
Cool thanks but I want you all to be warned that this management team in the desert has taken this total mileage part off the check-out screen because I believe they are about to screw the FFs.....I would be really careful to see that you get every single mile that you are entitled to because I think US is going to try and decrease the mileage on all routes in order to not have so much FF mile liabilities. This may explain why the total mileage has disappeared from the website.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Swore I would never fly US, but bit the bullet and booked SNA-PHX-LAS-ATL-PHL-LAS-SNA. Will be my first pure MR
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by USFreak
How are you all finding total mileage when the US website has eliminated it off the check-out page?
you can always try these:

http://www.webflyer.com/travel/milemarker/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...+fish+software
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
That is indeed tempting

625% earning rate for an A fare right now in my account
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by PappaShacks
This statement is way out of date. UA gives full credit for US flights. If the ticket books into A, you're looking at 150% for both EQM and RDM + elite bonus. Unfortunately no BIS miles.
Apologies in advance - I'm a bit of a UA rookie, but going for 1k this year. How many EQS will this earn on UA ?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dgwright99
How many EQS will this earn on UA ?
1.5 EQS per segment.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:06 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by ingy
I did NOT discuss routing or pricing, just ask if this fare class books as business class fare or first class. I was told Business Class fare for you BD flyers.

But the BMI fare chart says "A" fares earn 3.0 times????

Anybody going ATL to West coast?
US 'A' class is 3x membership mileage and the 25% bonus for destination mileage, so 325% destination mileage. Short segments are at a 600 minimum, times the multipier.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Gold; IHG Plat AMB
thank you OP!

Great find ^

Happen to be across the pond and booked this but not as a pure MR. Have a partner in tow who doesn't understand this MR thing (so spending a night in ATL). But thank goodness for other FTers who do understand!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Just a word of warning. Last year, I found a First Class ticket from OAK-IAD on US metal via Orbitz for about $400 RT. I booked it figuring first in US was better than economy in UA, which is debatable, I know. I think I booked it about two weeks in advance with an economy UA ticket being about $30 cheaper. Two days before my flight I got an e-mail from Orbitz saying the fare was a computer mistake and that I had been rebooked in economy. After literally hours on the phone with Orbitz and US, I got nowhere and ended up stuck in the back of US economy. I'll never use Orbitz or US again.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by rbAA
US 'A' class is 3x membership mileage and the 25% bonus for destination mileage, so 325% destination mileage. Short segments are at a 600 minimum, times the multipier.
With one little caveat (nothing major)...
The 25% gold bonus is only on the actual mileage. So for example on a flight like CLT-ATL which gc.kls2.com says is 227 miles, you would get 3*600+.25*227 and I am not sure how they round it. But that's about 1857 miles.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:51 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by jschw934
Just a word of warning. Last year, I found a First Class ticket from OAK-IAD on US metal via Orbitz for about $400 RT. I booked it figuring first in US was better than economy in UA, which is debatable, I know. I think I booked it about two weeks in advance with an economy UA ticket being about $30 cheaper. Two days before my flight I got an e-mail from Orbitz saying the fare was a computer mistake and that I had been rebooked in economy. After literally hours on the phone with Orbitz and US, I got nowhere and ended up stuck in the back of US economy. I'll never use Orbitz or US again.
I can't begin to tell you how pissed off I would be if they pulled this on me. I would be receving a full refund and never flying US Air or using Orbitz again.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 2:06 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Can anyone interpret these rules from Expedia? In particular what do these lines mean?:

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 AA0UPNC A‡X 269.00 ---- -/‡ -/ - 300
2 AA0UPNC A‡X 534.00 ---- -/‡ -/ - 300

Fare Basis Code: AA0UPNC

OAK-ATL CXR-US FRI 07NOV08 USD
THE FOLLOWING CARRIERS ALSO PUBLISH FARES OAK-ATL:
AA AS CO DL NW UA
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//
7.5 PERCENT TAXES INCLUDED / FT FOR BREAKDOWN-SEE N*/USTAX1
SEGMENT TAXES NOT INCLUDED SEE N*/USTAX2
PSGR FACILITY CHARGES MAY APPLY-ENTER PXCHELP
ALL FEES/SVC CHARGES NOT INCLUDED UNTIL ITINERARY PRICED
V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 AA0UPNC A‡X 269.00 ---- -/‡ -/ - 300
2 AA0UPNC A‡X 534.00 ---- -/‡ -/ - 300

300* 1. OAK-PHX/LAS-WAS/PIT/PHX/PHL/LAS/CLT-ATL
Old Feb 28, 2008, 2:55 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I just booked back to backs March 15-18

at 625% ATL-PHL-PDX-PHL-ATL on March 15, return March 16

and 625% ATL-PHL-PDX-PHX-ATL on the 17th return the 18th

$585 all in each.

73,800 destination miles coming.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
I can't begin to tell you how pissed off I would be if they pulled this on me. I would be receving a full refund and never flying US Air or using Orbitz again.
I tried everything. Everything. Spent hours on the seas with call centers in far distant countries. Tried to talk to supervisors/managers. It was a mess. Finally I asked for a refund. I asked to switch to United. It was such a mess. I am normally a honey catches more flies kind of person, which I tried to a point. But I can give that up when I have to, and I did. I believe they ended up sending me a $50 voucher or something like that to Orbitz, which I told them would be useless since I was never using them again. It has gone untouched, as I have only used Orbitz to find flight now and booked elsewhere since. And have not sat on US Airways since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.