Wiki Posts
Search

UA: NYC-SXM (Caribbean) $286 a/i

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2008, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
UA: NYC-SXM (Caribbean) $286 a/i

I know it's not MR status but it's still a very good fare to the Carribean this time of year. My dates are Mar 19-23.
I booked on united.com but they have the same deal on orfritz and traveloschitty.

DJB
Old Feb 9, 2008, 9:01 am

Programs: NW Silver, BD Silver
It was around $220 a/i about a week ago. I had it reserved but didn't pull the trigger
Old Feb 9, 2008, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by yw_a330
It was around $220 a/i about a week ago.
Ouch!
That hurt.
I'll just tell myself that they didn't have my dates at your price last week and be content with my $286.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: NW Silver, BD Silver
Originally Posted by deejboram
Ouch!
That hurt.
I'll just tell myself that they didn't have my dates at your price last week and be content with my $286.
They only had it for Feb departures
Old Feb 9, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
CO is pricing out at $314 or so AI for their EWR-SXM non-stop. Not a great CPM ratio, but since I need to go to SXM anyway, I jumped on it.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 2:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The glory of competition...B6 launched JFK-SXM last month
Old Feb 10, 2008, 6:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I bought DTW-IAD-SXM for 244$ ai on UA last year and remember a similar US offer available at the same time via CLT.

I was toying with the CLT option but held back. Lucky for me this was the week where US/HP systems merged and the US pax were stranded/overnighted in CLT.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:55 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Amazing. When I was doing this route just a few years ago, AA and I think CO and US were the only ones flying there from the US. And not many flights from any of them kept fares very high. Winter fares over $700. Shows you how good competition is!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Carry Over to BOS...

Hopefully, this will carry over to BOS, since its a B6 fare....

Last year we had to use a Buy 1 for 1 coupon on US, but this would keep me coming back year after year if I got a good fare!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: UA S
Lucky people. Id LOVE to go to SXM (aviation nerd heaven), but the airfares ex-CA are pretty steep
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Same price on US ($89 each way ++) for various dates in Feb and March. Looks like a 3 day advance purchase and 3 night stay required.

Flights are mostly wide open up front, great upgrade potential for elites. In fact, I may just have to take advantage of this before I drop from CP to ?? in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.