Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) NYC-Rome ~285 AI on AF

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:12 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by nathockens
Nearly instantaneous tickets from AF.com
Absolutely - by the time I checked my confirmation number on the AF website, we had ticket numbers assigned.

There's still plenty of availability on the AF website, btw.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Thanks OP for the head's up... and to fellow FT'ers' to convince me to book this fare. I won't dwell on whether this is a "fat finger" or just a really good price; at this point, why not? $300 all in from NY is still pretty good... the LAX portion will probably cost nearly as much... which leads me to how to get that stupid Docker's promotional free airfare to work!

I wound up w/ a JFK B777 flight there and a A330 flight back to EWR... wonder if there's a difference between the two. Maybe time for me to mosey down to the AF/KLM forum and read up on a thing or two.

BTW, besides the 24 hour hold (which I didn't want to risk), is there a 24 hour cancellation policy?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jestabillo
Two of my friends and I are flying on 18th Feb with a stopover in CDG on the 24th before heading back the next day. Is it not that still cold during this time in Rome?
Not sure, but it can't be any colder in Rome in February, than it will be here in New Hampshire in February and I won't have to actually drive anyplace in Rome.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Cancel Policy

For travelocity:
http://travelocity.custhelp.com/cgi-...p_sp=undefined

Question
How much will it cost to change or cancel my airline ticket?

Answer
Travelocity has a new feature to help you determine the cost to change or cancel your airline ticket. For most flight-only reservations, you can use the cancellation calculator and see the refund or approximate credit you will receive if you decide to change or cancel your reservation.
To view the calculator:

Click on the “My Stuff” link on the Travelocity web site. You may be asked to log in if you have not already done so.
If it is not already selected, click on the “My Trips” tab.
Click on the View button next to the trip you want to review.
In the itinerary on the right side, you will see a link to “Change or cancel your reservation”. Click on the link, then click on the “Cancel Options” button for the calculator.
The calculator will display the amount of refund you would receive if your cancel the trip or the amount of credit you can use towards future travel if your ticket was issued on a non-refundable fare.
Cancel your ticket:
If you purchased airline ticket online and cancel within 24 hours of your purchase you can cancel your reservation without penalty. Please note that the Travelocity booking fee is not refundable.

If you wish to cancel your trip, you can use the calculator tool to cancel online and you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your refund or the rules to use your ticket towards future travel. To cancel your reservation, access your trip and view the cancellation calculator, then select the “Cancel Reservation” button.

You can cancel your airline reservation after 24 hours; however, your ticket may have no value or be subject to penalties for any changes to your itinerary. All airline tickets are subject to the rules and restrictions you agreed to at the time of purchase. Many tickets are non-refundable and some have no value for future purchase.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:36 pm

Hmm, the positioning flight BOS-EWR will add some coin to this but still not a bad deal. $1000 for flight/hotel for a nice extended weekend stay..
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
$268 from JFK is unbeatable deal.

Add $158 for JetBlue for BOS-JFK. Total $426 is still very, very good.

But I can't take this deal since I have no status with AF or CO. Flying without elite status is no-no.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to the OP for this one. The days didn't work great for me, but when you pull up AF's (surprisingly good) interface and see $85 seats to Rome, how could I resist?

I'm a CO platinum (skyteam elite plus -- hooray!), but it's been several years since I've crossed the Pond on AF. There's no "funny business" with OnePass mileage accrual on discount AF tickets, right? As a CO Plat, I'll earn 100% actual mileage, and a 125% bonus?

With that accrual and these prices (even if you value CO miles at little more than a penny), the trip is essentially free.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by kb1992
$268 from JFK is unbeatable deal.

Add $158 for JetBlue for BOS-JFK. Total $426 is still very, very good.

But I can't take this deal since I have no status with AF or CO. Flying without elite status is no-no.
Do it three times and you'll be 3133t.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Expedia's cancellation policy looks to be about the same. They will let you cancel but you incur whatever the airline chose as the cancellation penalty. I looked and found nothing about being able to cancel for no penalty. I suppose you could always call them at 1-800-EXPEDIA and ask.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Spiff
Do it three times and you'll be 3133t.
Not if you credit the miles to CO. These fares yield only 50% EQM when crediting towards CO.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I bought three of these all on Expedia. No ticket numbers yet, but reservations show as confirmed. (If I lose out, no big deal this time.)
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:47 pm

Anyone have hotel suggestions for the Orbitz $200 deal if you book 5 nights?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by hw711
Nov-Mar, Mon-Thu, QLXNRUS0

what does AI stand for this this thread? Thanks
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by GrizShel
That is very helpful info - thanks! We wanted to book tickets for my in-laws, but they are unreachable tonight. I'm more than willing to gamble the $10 per ticket booking fee we lose for a cancellation through Travelocity.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by twoner32
what does AI stand for this this thread? Thanks
AI = all-in (i.e., total price including taxes and surcharges)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.