Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

B6: Fly One RT Ex-PIT, Get 2 Free OW Systemwide Vocuhers!

Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM

Registration Linky

The cheapest ticket that I could find was from PIT-JFK for $39+ Each way ($98 including all taxes)

Rules:
-Register and book a roundtrip ticket by 06/30/07 (11:59pm MT)
Travel must be completed by 11/15/07.
-Travel must originate in Pittsburgh.
-After travel is completed you will receive 100 Trueblue points, which is automatically converted into 2 one-way systemwide vouchers.
-Vouchers expire 12 months from when they are converted from points into vouchers
-You must sign up for a Trueblue account to register.
-Limit one bonus per Trueblue account.
-Offer does not apply to previously booked travel.
-The free ticket does not have to include Pittsburgh.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I read about this online, as well! Man, sounds like a great deal for those out of PIT!

Oh, and for those mathematically challenged people, 2 OW = 1 RT.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A great deal. If transcon airfares were a little more expensive, it might be worth the effort for folks to drive from other cities to PIT just to take the flights and get the voucher.

Wait! This is Flyertalk. I'm sure somebody WILL do this! Heck, somebody will probably even fly to PIT for it.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:32 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Cannot find less than $49 each way PIT-JFK. What days did you find on? Looks like from NYC one would have to fly JFK-PIT-JFK-PIT-JFK to fulfil this and get there and back as well. Still, At $200 for the trip and credit to use on a RT anywhere in their network could be worth it....
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daveland
Cannot find less than $49 each way PIT-JFK. What days did you find on? Looks like from NYC one would have to fly JFK-PIT-JFK-PIT-JFK to fulfil this and get there and back as well. Still, At $200 for the trip and credit to use on a RT anywhere in their network could be worth it....
See what I mean.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:34 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by iahphx
A great deal. If transcon airfares were a little more expensive, it might be worth the effort for folks to drive from other cities to PIT just to take the flights and get the voucher.

Wait! This is Flyertalk. I'm sure somebody WILL do this! Heck, somebody will probably even fly to PIT for it.
Midweek transcons can be quite expensive these days. For a biz trip JFK-SEA in July I absolutely cannot get uner $450 on any carrier/anytime. B6 wants ~650 for thr RT. Could be worthwhile to fly to PIT for this ;-)
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:35 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

This seems like a great use for 2 of my leftover airtran certificates - flying into PIT thanks op!

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Jun 27, 2007 at 12:02 pm
Old Jun 27, 2007, 1:33 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Systemwide is intl too? Might be a good deal Austin to Bermuda.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by hauteboy
I was thinking of flying to PIT to do a few of these but there seems to be a problem booking a trip I would use them for. I can get from LGB to AUA but cannot get back. Apparently they fly there but do not return, ever. Is there something I'm missing?

LGB-BOS-AUA with no return available
SAN-BOS-AUA with no return available
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Thanks Op

My wife and I are going to be through PIT July 11 anyway so I booked us same day JFK RT"S I am sure we can find a use for the vouchers to go somewhere.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by rc408
I was thinking of flying to PIT to do a few of these but there seems to be a problem booking a trip I would use them for. I can get from LGB to AUA but cannot get back. Apparently they fly there but do not return, ever. Is there something I'm missing?

LGB-BOS-AUA with no return available
SAN-BOS-AUA with no return available
The reason I believe you are getting no return flights is because all the B6 flights from AUA to JFK / BOS arrive in the evening, after the departure (or under minimum connection time) of some westbound transcons. This would require an overnight and B6's fare rules stipulate a maximum stopover time of 4 hours.

For example, if you check a market that does have a late westbound, such as JFK-SFO (2100 departure), you'll find AUA-SFO connections.

I hope this helps.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 4:01 pm

Actually, since JFK-ONT departs at 1935 / 1945 (depending on season) it would be able to connect from AUA. So, try AUA-ONT and you should see a connection option.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 4:52 pm

Programs: Nw Plat, Delta Dirt, Safeway Club Card, CVS Extra Care Card
do we know the restrictions on the "free" tix? taxes? capacity controls? certain flights? this could be a bum deal
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by lille11
do we know the restrictions on the "free" tix? taxes? capacity controls? certain flights? this could be a bum deal
As the offer is for 100 TrueBlue points -- which is redeemable for a one-way ticket -- one would have to assume that the restrictions on the ticket are those that ordinarily govern award tickets through their program.

Mike
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold, UA Gold, Priority Pass Select, Hertz PC, Marriott SLV
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Looks like it does include intl locations... I was able to book a free fare (plus taxes for a total of $47.75 a/i) from JFK to BDA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.