Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Which MR's better?

Which MR's better?

Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA "joe regular"
Which MR's better?

I booked FLL-ORD-LAX-SFO-LAX-FLL which would complete my PLT challenge. It's around 0.027 per which is not great, but for the sake of getting PLT I'm okk with it. I just noticed that on the same day I can do FLL-LAX-SFO-LAX-FLL at about the same 0.027 and it gets my PLT by about 24 miles, but I get to start at 11am instead of 6:30am. I'm leaning towards the latter because the original merely gives me a few hundred miles and 1 leg more, but costs me 3 1/2 hours (which I could use). Ie, a well-planned MR in the future would more than make up for that. Anyone else agree?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tchaka
I booked FLL-ORD-LAX-SFO-LAX-FLL which would complete my PLT challenge. It's around 0.027 per which is not great, but for the sake of getting PLT I'm okk with it. I just noticed that on the same day I can do FLL-LAX-SFO-LAX-FLL at about the same 0.027 and it gets my PLT by about 24 miles, but I get to start at 11am instead of 6:30am. I'm leaning towards the latter because the original merely gives me a few hundred miles and 1 leg more, but costs me 3 1/2 hours (which I could use). Ie, a well-planned MR in the future would more than make up for that. Anyone else agree?
Certainly avoiding ORD/DFW/NYC these days seems the way to go. How did you calculate the miles? GCM or the airline's website? Cuz mileage varies slightly.better double check. Just to be sure: you know that you earn gold/plat by EQP and not EQM when on a challenge, right?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA "joe regular"
Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, I caculated with the miles posted on aa.com and yes, I'm aware it's EQPs. I learned the hard way 2 years ago on my first GOLD challenge........
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tchaka
Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, I caculated with the miles posted on aa.com and yes, I'm aware it's EQPs. I learned the hard way 2 years ago on my first GOLD challenge........
Good to know. And you are lucky, cuz IIRC now I doubt you can do a challenge more than once, but I might be wrong. Good luck
Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:03 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MACH81
Good to know. And you are lucky, cuz IIRC now I doubt you can do a challenge more than once, but I might be wrong. Good luck
Actually, you can do a challenge more than once, just not two years in a row.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.