Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

CO: PDX-ZFV (Philly trainstation) 161.56 all-in

CO: PDX-ZFV (Philly trainstation) 161.56 all-in

Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA ex-1K (now nothing), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
This will be ideal training for those who need practice doing mileage runs — or, at least, they will be on the right track.

Please do not rail into me for posting this...
I can only imagine what sort of loco motive you had for posting such a thing at a platform like FT. Is that any way to conduct(or) yourself?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:39 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
Amtrak still uses paper tickets, and the train ride crediting usually takes a long time to process. Realistically, there is no way for CO to know that one did not ride the train, especially in a situation like a 1-day or 2-day MR run, unless I'm missing something here.
As has been discussed, you MUST get your paper Amtrak ticket from the CO kiosk at either zfv or ewr (depending on direction of travel) and within a certain time of the departure. CO will cancel the next segment if you fail to properly obtain the Amtrak ticket. I don't know whether they'll check on the use of the ticket. Clearly, if you properly obtain the ticket and don't ride the train they won't know in time to cancel the remaining segments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.