Wiki Posts
Search

UA: OXR(LAX)-BDL Need help on maximizing trip for MR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
UA: OXR(LAX)-BDL Need help on maximizing trip for MR

Hello everyone! First time in MR forum, so please feel free to correct and advise if I have posted incorrectly.

Okay. I am traveling March 21 to March 29 from OXR(LAX) to BDL. I am looking for a routing that will help me maximize EQM/EQS for this trip.

Any suggestions are greatly welcome!

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
There's a pretty solid SMF-BDL fare out there right now ($147+) that allows some pretty wild routings, so you might be able to nest that with an OXR-SMF r/t fare.

OXR-LAX-SMF-XXX-XXX-XXX-BDL-XXX-XXX-SMF-LAX-OXR. Or maybe even SMF-SFO-LAX-OXR, don't know what the routing rules are for that.

Try playing around with the ITA matrix at http://matrix.itasoftware.com to find fare combinations and routings. Then call up a UA rep and book it manually - .bomb isn't smart enough (or maybe it's too smart) to do some of these online.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
To maximize miles on transcons, it's best to run up and down each coast and then take a long transcon (avoiding DEN and ORD). You could probably do something like OXR-LAX-SFO-IAD-BDL and back. SFO's a little longer flight to IAD than LAX. This will net you about 7800 EQMs; you could possibly add SMF, ONT, SFO, or SNA between the LAX-SFO segments for 500 more miles each direction, connections and fares permitting.

Good luck!
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:44 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
You could even plug in SFO-JFK-IAD for an extra handful of miles and a seg
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Okay I'm working on it. I've come up with some pretty interesting rountings, but some are really $$$. I'll try some of these new suggesstions.

SMF gave me a 10 hour lay-over and could'nt work around it.

Will let you know!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.