NYC MR on AA

Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
NYC MR on AA

I have a free day on which to do a MR. I can leave anytime after 7pm on March 10 and have to be back in NYC before 8am on March 12th. US/International both fine.

The goal is miles for requal as PLT (I will never make it on segments or Q-Points)

Any thoughts?

This would be my very first MR
Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Welcome fellow AA PLT NYCer. Do you have any limitations fare wise, are you looking simply to gain miles or get best miles for the money. If the former, I think there is a late night flight to LHR that you could take Sat PM and then return MON PM (and use the club at LHR to shower and change-I fairly certain that the club at LHR has a shower, but check). Or even possibly the late night JFK flight to EZE (Buenos Aires) and 3/11 PM. If this is out of your fare range might check for flights from LGA to SAN (running around $250 or so with taxes) connecting through ORD and/or DFW.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Welcome fellow AA PLT NYCer. Do you have any limitations fare wise, are you looking simply to gain miles or get best miles for the money. If the former, I think there is a late night flight to LHR that you could take Sat PM and then return MON PM (and use the club at LHR to shower and change-I fairly certain that the club at LHR has a shower, but check). Or even possibly the late night JFK flight to EZE (Buenos Aires) and 3/11 PM. If this is out of your fare range might check for flights from LGA to SAN (running around $250 or so with taxes) connecting through ORD and/or DFW.
I am looking for tthe best miles for the money. The two best options I found on my own were $450 to Europe (8,000 miles) or just under $600 to HNL
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
I am looking for tthe best miles for the money. The two best options I found on my own were $450 to Europe (8,000 miles) or just under $600 to HNL
The $450 to Europe will probably have considerable taxes so check the total price with taxes included. Also for future, if you can, try to check MR board near daily for mileage runs that are worth the money. For example, you can do LGA to MSP for $139 (all together) on T, W of S for first three weeks in March (I am going Sat 3/17). Makes a nice "field trip" for the day!
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
You have PM.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 2:47 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The $450 to Europe will probably have considerable taxes so check the total price with taxes included. Also for future, if you can, try to check MR board near daily for mileage runs that are worth the money. For example, you can do LGA to MSP for $139 (all together) on T, W of S for first three weeks in March (I am going Sat 3/17). Makes a nice "field trip" for the day!
$139 for 3 days? I don't think that's possible.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Clarification

The $450 price includes tax

The total mileage was about 8,000 (doubled for PLT to over 16,000).
Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
The $450 price includes tax

The total mileage was about 8,000 (doubled for PLT to over 16,000).
So I take it you didn't do anything with the far lower CPM I PMed you?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.