Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: HNL-BEY (Beirut) $660+ (7-day min, bookable?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Found on Farecompare, confirmed on Zuji. Outbound can be selected, but no inbound. Don't have time right now to figure out why it won't work.

Fare details for NLEBLB

PENALTY

CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/NO-SHOW/ REFUND. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR TRAVELING COMPANION. TICKET HAS NO VALUE UNLESS TICKETED FLIGHTS ARE CANCELLED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - PENALTY WAIVED IN CASE OF ILLNESS/DEATH OF TRAVELING COMPANION.

RES/TKTG

RES MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE DPTR FROM ORIGIN. TKT MUST BE PURCHASED NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE DPTR FROM ORIGIN OR 3 DAYS AFTER RES IS MADE, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. SGMTS USING THIS RULE MUST BE CONFIRMED.

MIN STAY

7 DAYS. MEASURED FROM DPTR FROM GATEWAY.

MAX STAY

RETURN TRVL MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS. MEASURED FROM DPTR FROM ORIGIN TO DPTR FROM LAST STOPOVER POINT.

SEASONS

20DEC06-31MAR07. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF ORIGIN AND IS DETERMINED BY DATE OF DEPARTURE OF OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

BLACKOUTS

NO BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

EFF/EXP

TICKET MUST BE ISSUED BY 31JAN07. 31MAR07 IS THE LAST DATE THAT TRAVEL MAY COMMENCE.

FLT APPL

APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT ANY LH FLIGHT/ ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AS/ ANY AS FLIGHT AND APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT ANY AP FLIGHT OPERATED BY LH AND APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT IB 5000 - 5999 AND APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 5600 - 8399 ON THE DEPARTURE OF EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

STOPOVERS

NO ENROUTE STOPOVERS ARE PERMITTED. A STOPOVER OCCURS WHEN THE PASSENGER DOES NOT DEPART AN INTERMEDIATE POINT WITHIN 24 HOURS.

TRANSFERS

TRANSFERS PERMITTED, 2 IN EACH DIRECTION IN AREA 2-EUROPE, AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST. -TRANSFERS MAY BE: -INTERLINE -ONLINE ON OTHER THAN AA ADDITIONALLY ONLINE TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON AA.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 3:13 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
Yes, the fare is valid and bookable (HNL-AA-LHR-BA-BEY, for instance). However, AA YQ surcharge will be embedded ($150) according to the booking details on ITA. Expedia also gave me same price range ($960-970 all-in) although FareCompare says, "surcharges: $0". On aa.com, the base is $810 ($660+$150).
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:56 am
Original Poster

How come Zuji didn't include the surcharge in the base fare? I thought it did.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:03 am

I'm sure the US authorities will LOVE this stamp in your passport upon your return to the USA. I got hell from them in November for having a Morocco stamp (yes, what the heck?) with arabic writings on it. Morocco is perhaps the most liberal of all Muslim countries and they don't even have anti-American sentiments, but the geniuses at immigration seem to put all Muslims in a box.

It gets annoying: "what was the reason for you visit" "what was the real reason for your visit?" "there are no room for lies in the USA. What was the real reason you visited".

And the bad thing is they will NOT accept tourism as an answer. A romantic trip with your wife to experience the culture of Morocco and to buy a few rugs suddenly becomes "suspicious".

And going for a mileage run....good luck with explaining THAT to them

It sounds like an awesome fare, but I would be scared poop-less to do it.

Originally Posted by mellowg
Found on Farecompare, confirmed on Zuji. Outbound can be selected, but no inbound. Don't have time right now to figure out why it won't work.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: DL, AA, AV, AC
Originally Posted by roadtripman
I'm sure the US authorities will LOVE this stamp in your passport upon your return to the USA. I got hell from them in November for having a Morocco stamp (yes, what the heck?) with arabic writings on it. Morocco is perhaps the most liberal of all Muslim countries and they don't even have anti-American sentiments, but the geniuses at immigration seem to put all Muslims in a box.

It gets annoying: "what was the reason for you visit" "what was the real reason for your visit?" "there are no room for lies in the USA. What was the real reason you visited".

And the bad thing is they will NOT accept tourism as an answer. A romantic trip with your wife to experience the culture of Morocco and to buy a few rugs suddenly becomes "suspicious".

And going for a mileage run....good luck with explaining THAT to them

It sounds like an awesome fare, but I would be scared poop-less to do it.
I have a Lebanese visa and several stamps from Lebanon and the UAE on my Canadian passport. I find it depends on the individual US immigration officer. Some of them, when they saw the Lebanese stamp, would ask me particularly what I was doing in Lebanon, why I went there etc etc. Others I doubt they even noticed the stamps, even though they were on the first few pages of the visa section of my Canadian passport.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by mellowg
How come Zuji didn't include the surcharge in the base fare? I thought it did.
AA recently changed the way they report YQ surcharges which has thrown off some pricing engines (including FareCompare). Presumably this is also what's impacting Zuji.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wunderk
I have a Lebanese visa and several stamps from Lebanon and the UAE on my Canadian passport. I find it depends on the individual US immigration officer. Some of them, when they saw the Lebanese stamp, would ask me particularly what I was doing in Lebanon, why I went there etc etc. Others I doubt they even noticed the stamps, even though they were on the first few pages of the visa section of my Canadian passport.
I have a good number of Lebanese visa stamps amongst the others and have had no issue because of them. Then again, I'm also on a US passport and going through my passport page by page would take them more time than it's worth -- if they can even discern where/what some of the stamps are from.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acf573
AA recently changed the way they report YQ surcharges which has thrown off some pricing engines (including FareCompare). Presumably this is also what's impacting Zuji.
I remember reading about this issue a couple of weeks ago. I assumed it had been resolved, but I guess not.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 3:21 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by wunderk
I've been to Morocco as well and didnt have any trouble on my trip home.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Back to the original topic,

This is quite a price. I recently priced LHR-BEY r/t on BA and the cheapest I could find was Ł417 (over $800 US)!

Has anyone explored the best routing options from HNL?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 24, 2007, 1:15 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
If anyone ends up heading to Beirut on this mileage run, please do get in touch. Would love to take you around and show you my city...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Back to the original topic,

This is quite a price. I recently priced LHR-BEY r/t on BA and the cheapest I could find was Ł417 (over $800 US)!

Has anyone explored the best routing options from HNL?

-FlyerBeek

Let's get back on the topic indeed...routing options, successes/failures people are having w/ dates, etc. Not much success for me yet, but still trying.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others
I've seen this $660 fare to Beirut from Seattle on fare compare for quite awhile. I've spent a couple hours on ITA and trying to manually build something but haven't been able to get anything yet. If someone is able to price it out from any destination, I would be impressed.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:44 pm

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by RustingInSeattle
I've seen this $660 fare to Beirut from Seattle on fare compare for quite awhile. I've spent a couple hours on ITA and trying to manually build something but haven't been able to get anything yet. If someone is able to price it out from any destination, I would be impressed.
Try this syntax on ITA.

from SEA:: AA+ LHR BA/F BC=N
to BEY:: BA LHR AA+/F BC=N
staying about a week (6-8 nights)

Then do "Month-long search". Many dates are available and bookable on aa.com, expedia etc. As I said in my previous post, the price range is $960-970 all-in.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
$300+ in Taxes / Surcharges??? Ouch!!

This is getting out of control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.