Wiki Posts
Search

Potential AA mileage run to Europe? 25,000-50,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2007, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Australia, United, Delta, Qantas, Air Canada
Potential AA mileage run to Europe? 25,000-50,000 miles

Hi, I just received this email from AA. Maybe some mileage runners can do something with this (I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong forum)...

Fly round trip on American Airlines between the U.S. and London, plus one flight beyond London on an AA codeshare flight and you can earn up to 50,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles. Start planning now – and you can earn:

50,000 bonus miles for qualifying travel in First or Business Class (booked in F, J, A, D or I)
25,000 bonus miles for qualifying travel in Economy Class (booked in Y, B or H)
Here's all you need to do to receive your bonus miles:
Book your ticket between January 18, 2007, and March 31, 2007
Register before your trip using promotion code LONBY
Travel between now and March 31, 2007
We know life can take you virtually anywhere. And that's exactly where we fly.

With just one trip to Europe, you could earn 50,000 bonus miles – enough for you to choose two free* MileSAAverSM award tickets good for travel anywhere we fly within the continental U.S. and Canada. Or you could choose to use those miles for a trip to the Caribbean, Hawaii, Latin America, Europe or Japan.

Don't miss out on bonus miles to Europe! Book your travel today on AA.com®.

And, remember, when you purchase your ticket at AA.com, you'll earn additional AAdvantage bonus miles and pay no online booking fee.

* Standard AAdvantage award terms and conditions apply. Any taxes and fees associated with award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and/or the AAdvantage member. Seats for award travel are subject to capacity controls and may not be available on all flights. In the example shown, MileSAAver award levels are based on travel in Economy Class. Travel to Europe, Japan and deep South America is based on off-peak MileSAAver award levels.

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid only for round-trip travel (or two one-way trips) on American Airlines marketed and operated flights between the U.S. and London. To qualify, customer must also travel on at least one flight beyond London on an American Airlines codeshare flight (booked as an AA flight number). All travel must be booked in a single reservation under one ticket number.
Promotion applies only to new reservations booked between January 18, 2007, and March 31, 2007.
Registration prior to travel is required.
Offer applies only to AAdvantage members residing in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times. A maximum of one bonus may be earned per reservation.
Transatlantic flights operated by our codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion.
Bonus miles will be awarded based on the booking class purchased and do not count toward elite status qualification.
Bonus miles will be awarded within 6-8 weeks after qualifying flight activity is posted to the traveler's AAdvantage account.
To qualify, AAdvantage members must purchase and fly on eligible published fare tickets booked in First or Business Class (fares booked in F, J, A, D or I) or Economy Class (fares booked in Y, B or H) on American Airlines transatlantic travel or American Airlines codeshare flights for travel beyond London (booked as an AA flight number).
For the purpose of this promotion, a round trip is defined as travel in the same purchased booking class for both the departure and the return transatlantic flight segments. The booking class for the transatlantic trip will determine the bonus amount earned. Travel beyond London may be in any eligible booking class listed above.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
Looks like some H fares are as low as $619. After tax, it's probably not worth it for a straight mileage run, but if you're going anyway, it's worth booking in H.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
We've been having discussion on this on the AA forum, be aware--you need to be going US-LON and then LON-EUR on the same ticket and both on AA flight numbers in eligible classes. I haven't seen anything that meets that in the $600 range.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
The first class is very expensive.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 4:06 pm

UA seems to sending out alike emails for their promo.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:04 pm

Can this promo be combined with the LAX-LHR and ORD-LHR miles promo also currently on offer?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
The prices for the H fares seem to be incredibly high - $1588 + tax for JFK-AMS for example. There is an I class business fare for $2435 which is a good deal though (if it's available - I didn't check that).
Old Jan 28, 2007, 2:46 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by best
UA seems to sending out alike emails for their promo.
hmmmm, I haven't seen anything yet, perhaps a targeted email?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Try H class fares ORD-MAN through LHR or NYC-MAN through LHR. NYC-LHR-MAN HLXUS7AP $527 round trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.