Wiki Posts
Search

Does this happen often on a MR?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
Does this happen often on a MR?

US SP Hubby books a 6 seg trip on UA thru travelocity. First and last segs are on US metal. Since he has to start by checking in at the US counter, he asks about an u/g. "No, sir, this is a UA ticket". He expected that. So up he goes to the US Club and chats a bit. When the lovely lady asks what she can do for him, he jokingly says an upgrade. She takes his BP and hands back a seat in F. Score 1. In PHL the flt to IAD is overbooked and he takes the VDB for a ticket voucher and a promise to be u/g on his next 2 UA segs. He sits E+ PHL-DEN, & DEN-LAS (WHEW!! That was risky - I can't believe he took the chance). Score 2. Spends 5 hours in the LAS US Club and takes the red eye back to IAD. Rotten flight, rotten crew. One FA actually waved off the passenger brought on board by w/c while she continued to watch the movie. . In and out of IAD to PHL and the another 3 1/2 hr wait. Back to the Club to see about getting an eariler flt out. There was one getting him home 2 hrs eariler and she put him on it. "There's supposed to be a change fee, but with all the delays and bad weather, I won't bother." . Score 3. Home now, we watch for the segs to post....up they came, one by one, along with the 25% SP bonus. On a UA ticket?? Score 4!!!!
That $155 MR for 5750 mi landed 3 u/g's, free confirmed Stdby, and a ticket. Does that make it a (-) cost run?
He's already looking for his next run and talking gold
Eileen

Last edited by EileenSRN; Jan 16, 2007 at 7:20 pm Reason: Correcting a bit of misinformation.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
I would be happy to do that flight a few times He got very lucky.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:26 am

Well, there was the time that I scored two VDB's on the same segment. After VDB #1 they confirmed me onto an overbooked flight, so VDB #2. $400 in vouchers on an $86 ticket. AND I got original routing credit after having to bypass a connecting point due to the VDBs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.