Reload this Page >

CO: PHL to PBI over Easter Weekend - Help Needed

Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass

Hello All -

I am heading to Palm Beach over Easter Weekend and would like to maximize the number of miles and segments flown. There is a direct flight EWR-PBI from 04/07 to 04/11 that might actually be the best bet, simply because there are so few cheap seats left over this busy weekend - the fare is 218 all-in (with 5% discount). I figure I might even be able to volunteer my seat and could make a few bucks that way.

The dates I am willing to fly are very flexible - anywhere from 04/05 to 04/11, so long as I get at least 2 days there, including Easter Sunday.

It seems the smartest way to do this for miles, though, is from PHL. I figure this is a good way to learn how to use Expert Flyer and all that. Here is what EF shows me:

PUBLISHED RTG PHL-PBI/CO80 /TAR-DRG1 EF-21DEC06 DIS-INDEF

1. PHL-MSP/EWR/DTT/CLE-PBI

This is where it gets confusing for me...how do I proceed to find the cheapest but lengthiest flight combination?

Any help would be most appreciated!
Old Jan 8, 2007, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Try using ITA. Put PHL::CO+ in the from field and PBI::CO+ in the to field. For more fun, use their weekend search option, so as to ensure that you get the Sunday you need, but with flexibility on the days for travel.

A quick search that I just did has the flights out of PHL very expensive that weekend. If you really want the miles, there is a $500 r/t via IAH both ways, for 4560 miles total. The n/s from EWR is only 2046 miles r/t, but it is also less than half the price.

You are rather unlikely to get a great deal that weekend. Take the trip you need to take and look for a real MR just for the sake of taking one; fewer constraints will help in getting a better deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.