Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Help : With CO/DL itinerary

Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Experts,

(I may sound like a newbie, for MRs which I am. Please tolerate)

I am desparately trying to milk a biz trip to get maximum mileage. Please help me to decide:

1. I am to fly to few destinations which are bit of all over US. I am planning ot do it on CO / DL (I am FB-Silver if that helps. NW site is not pricing this for some unknown reasons)

2. Starting point is SFO/SJC/OAK area. I need to go to RDU, IAD, LAS and then back to SFO. Dates are in Feb 2 week (give one/two working day each for these points)

3. CO gives this routing for whopping ~USD 630:
SFO-EWR-RDU
RDU-EWR-IAD
IAD-IAH-LAS
LAS-IAH-SFO

4. DL gives this for ~USD 500:

SFO-JFK-RDU
RDU-ATL-IAD
IAD-ATL-LAS
LAS-SLC-SFO

- Is there a way to do this under USD 500 without compromising the miles. It would be good if they can be further enhanced

- Whether to opt for? CO or DL?

Thanks all.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:56 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kshastry
Experts,

(I may sound like a newbie, for MRs which I am. Please tolerate)

I am desparately trying to milk a biz trip to get maximum mileage. Please help me to decide:

1. I am to fly to few destinations which are bit of all over US. I am planning ot do it on CO / DL (I am FB-Silver if that helps. NW site is not pricing this for some unknown reasons)

2. Starting point is SFO/SJC/OAK area. I need to go to RDU, IAD, LAS and then back to SFO. Dates are in Feb 2 week (give one/two working day each for these points)

3. CO gives this routing for whopping ~USD 630:
SFO-EWR-RDU
RDU-EWR-IAD
IAD-IAH-LAS
LAS-IAH-SFO

4. DL gives this for ~USD 500:

SFO-JFK-RDU
RDU-ATL-IAD
IAD-ATL-LAS
LAS-SLC-SFO

- Is there a way to do this under USD 500 without compromising the miles. It would be good if they can be further enhanced

- Whether to opt for? CO or DL?

Thanks all.
Those fares are not bad at all. I wouldn't balk at them. You can actually get this itinerary for around $325 if you were willing to use other airlines besides CO and DL.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Or if you really want to maximize your mileage, why not try SFO -EWR - IAH - CLE - RDU for your outbound. Not sure if it will price similarly, but you'd end up with a lot more miles
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys!

Can anybody tell me whether it would be prudent to purchase the tickets right now, or wait for few more days (say towards the month end)?

Trouble is, if I ticket this, it is not liable for refund (most restricted class).
Old Jan 8, 2007, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by kshastry
Thanks guys!

Can anybody tell me whether it would be prudent to purchase the tickets right now, or wait for few more days (say towards the month end)?

Trouble is, if I ticket this, it is not liable for refund (most restricted class).
If they are for February flights, I would ticket them at least 14 days in advance. You can do some research on www.farecompare.com and check out the city pairs you want.

I'd also check to see if Continental flights earn you 100% eqm on FB. They only earn most NW/DL FF plans at 50% eqm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.