Reload this Page >

Any known MR's leaving SNA...?

Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few

Hi all,

First time I'm thinking about doing an MR. Is there anything out of SNA that is known to be fairly worthwhile, or do I just need to start plugging in connection cities and see what I come up with? UA or DL would be my prefered airlines of choice, probably in that order I would suppose.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Adrian
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:58 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
It all depends on your definition of a mileage run.

Just a quick look... you can go to PHL via SFO for 6,042 miles for $203 + taxes.

You can do several east coast cities... either on UA... or on USAir and still get UA miles for that $203+ price.

William
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

I recall reading in one of the posts that one should try to go for a cost of $0.02-$0.03 per mile. Does that still stand to be accurate?

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by wharvey
It all depends on your definition of a mileage run.

Just a quick look... you can go to PHL via SFO for 6,042 miles for $203 + taxes.

You can do several east coast cities... either on UA... or on USAir and still get UA miles for that $203+ price.

William
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
For business, I just booked

SNA-LAX-IAD-RDU RT for $246 all in.

6576 EQM

@ 3.7 cents/EQM, not a class-leading MR, but I wonder if some off times or with more lead time might it be slightly less expensive. I booked with only a week notice.

-plen
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:22 pm

on ua i'm doing iad-jfk-sfo-lax-sna on a saturday, and overnighting

but because of limited time on the reverse, doing it sna-sfo-iad

7005 eqm for $245

it's possible to easily add in sna-sfo-lax-iad on the return or sna-lax-sfo-iad (i can't remember which) but you have to have a cross country flight with L class available after like 11 a.m. to do the stop and it wasnt available the day i wanted.

It's also possible to do it without overnighting.

i just weakened

Last edited by MrAOK; Jan 7, 2007 at 4:33 pm
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
~6400 EQM for $228 all in. So the answer is yes.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
You can do a LAX-IAD-PVD roundtrip for $165 all in (5576 EQMs) booked in L (plenty of availability). Otherwise, if you really want to avoid the 405 traffic and get another 1000 EQMs, you can fly SNA-LAX-IAD-PVD for $266 all in.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 8:02 am

it would appear that the sna-pvd and the sna-iad are pretty much the same fare with the same number of miles available from either

the max would probably be sna-sfo-lax

then your choice of jfk-iad (or vice versa) or iad-pvd or both if you are really crazy (jfk-iad-pvd)
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Seven segments for $148 all-in; 13 hours

If you're interested in segments, you can book a one-day, seven segment RT SNA-SMF for $148 - the best connections would allow you to do so in 13 hours. Four of these, plus two more segments, would get you 2P, nine would get you 1P. Apply some $75 e-certs, and you can get status pretty cheaply.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I think my best bet would be to shoot for segments at this time. I currently have the weekend (Fri-Sat) of Feb. 2-3 and Feb. 9-10 potentially available to grab what I can then. I just need to figure out what each of those segments would be.

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by fzwinter
If you're interested in segments, you can book a one-day, seven segment RT SNA-SMF for $148 - the best connections would allow you to do so in 13 hours. Four of these, plus two more segments, would get you 2P, nine would get you 1P. Apply some $75 e-certs, and you can get status pretty cheaply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.