Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: ATL/CVG/PIT/PHL/STL/MEM/DFW/CLE/NYC/DTW/SLC/IAH/MSP-STT (St. Thomas) $106+ ($160)

UA: ATL/CVG/PIT/PHL/STL/MEM/DFW/CLE/NYC/DTW/SLC/IAH/MSP-STT (St. Thomas) $106+ ($160)

Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:46 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DENchick
I can't find a good fare for SLC-STT, but SLC-SJU is available for $157 on several dates. Unhappily for me, the best I see for DEN-SJU is $359 even though the SLC-SJU routing goes through DEN.
You could burn 15k miles on a saver award DEN/SLC RT for $5 if there is space available thru 2-28.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:05 am

Programs: United 1k
WOW! You can get routing from SLC to SJU via SFO, adding several thousand more miles. thats roughly 9000 round trip, or $.017 a mile BEFORE 1k bonus, online booking bonus, etc. nice find!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:07 am
wea

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DENchick
I can't find a good fare for SLC-STT, but SLC-SJU is available for $157 on several dates. Unhappily for me, the best I see for DEN-SJU is $359 even though the SLC-SJU routing goes through DEN.
Yep, playing with SLC-SJU on ua.com and itasoftware shows lots of availability in January and February for different routings and dates. You can even do a late departure from SLC to LAX or SFO, redeye to ORD, and then have a same-day return, maximizing cpm to about 1.74 or so, with over 9k EQM's.

The problem is of course getting to SLC relatively inexpensively.
Has anybody found this fare available any farther west than SLC?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:23 am

Programs: United 1k
wea,
Actually, you might not want to go farther west to maximize miles. The interesting thing about SLC is that to get to SJU, you have to go west THEN east. In terms of finding other easily accessible markets for this fare though, unfortunately I haven't found any others as far west as SLC

where are you based out of? NYC has some pretty cheap LGA-SLC fares, but its on AA...
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:53 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
[QUOTE=theoflyalot;6941405]wea,
Actually, you might not want to go farther west to maximize miles. The interesting thing about SLC is that to get to SJU, you have to go west THEN east.
Who says u have to fly west to go east? united.bomb first shows all DEN cnnctions for trips I looked at exSLC mid-Feb then throws in SFO and finally, the non stops to ORD. I just don't like flying 2000+ miles each way Ord-SJU on TED! rar!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:12 am

to ORD. I just don't like flying 2000+ miles each way Ord-SJU on TED! rar![/QUOTE] I see u can fly via IAD to avoid TED; I missed that. Sleepy mode I'm in.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:33 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by wea
Yep, playing with SLC-SJU on ua.com and itasoftware shows lots of availability in January and February for different routings and dates. You can even do a late departure from SLC to LAX or SFO, redeye to ORD, and then have a same-day return, maximizing cpm to about 1.74 or so, with over 9k EQM's.
What about the two day min. requirement?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:41 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
I can't get it to price to $160 on ITA for SLC-STT dates in Jan and Feb; it's giving me $350

Anyone have luck?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by gforce
What about the two day min. requirement?
ual.bomb will do that; I saw a 6:41 dep SLC/ LAX/ORD red-eye or better, IAD to get into SJU around mid afternoon and rtr nxt day, but more than likely rtr on TED or else US via PHL. Trouble is finding dates and times as usual for pure MR purposes. I guess they figure your one nite is in the air if they are all allowed connctns to SJU.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by zrudeboyz
I can't get it to price to $160 on ITA for SLC-STT dates in Jan and Feb; it's giving me $350

Anyone have luck?
Seems like SJU is the only way exSLC
Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:39 am

fare gone? I cant find this for any city pairs any dates
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Originally Posted by usa18dca
fare gone? I cant find this for any city pairs any dates
Looks like it's still good for MSP-SJU for both Jan. and Feb. $161 all in according to cheaptickets weekend search.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
Originally Posted by mpattdu
Looks like it's still good for MSP-SJU for both Jan. and Feb. $161 all in according to cheaptickets weekend search.
I have not been able to find any flights from ATL.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
Originally Posted by RobtheAggie
I have not been able to find any flights from ATL.
You can find CLT-SJU through ORD for $160 though.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:38 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Originally Posted by zrudeboyz

Anyone have luck?
SLC-STT shows on Travelocity this morning. I couldn't find it anywhere last night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.