FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA: LAS-TXL $465 all-in (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/639226-ua-las-txl-465-all.html)

Dr_wanderlust Dec 23, 2006 9:58 am

UA: LAS-TXL $465 all-in

probably good from other cities. I'm looking at a MR 3/15-3/18.

turing Dec 23, 2006 3:05 pm

FYI, it's as low as $391, according to ITA, if you book using LH flight numbers on the way back (skipping the UA YQ surcharge).

Sadly, bay area fares seem to only be as low as $500 or so, not horrible, but not quite as good.

Sunnyhere Dec 23, 2006 3:13 pm

Thank you for the post, Doctor.^ Us LAS FTers have been blessed, lately, with some far out deals...so many that I might have to pass on this one.

Dr_wanderlust Dec 23, 2006 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Sunnyhere (Post 6895516)
Thank you for the post, Doctor.^ Us LAS FTers have been blessed, lately, with some far out deals...so many that I might have to pass on this one.

I might do it as a pure MR, although I've not been to Berlin so I am tempted to make a week of it.

I would have probably bought already but I still have cramps from my last FRA-SFO on LH in coach. I tried other routings but they were not this low.

trekwars2000 Dec 25, 2006 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust (Post 6895939)
I might do it as a pure MR, although I've not been to Berlin so I am tempted to make a week of it.

I would have probably bought already but I still have cramps from my last FRA-SFO on LH in coach. I tried other routings but they were not this low.

Was LH coach on that SFO-FRA and back flight pretty bad?

Dr_wanderlust Dec 25, 2006 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by trekwars2000 (Post 6901195)

not a lot of leg room and service was average. by average I mean worse than UA.

I did find some dates with TED to IAD and then UA to FRA transferring to LH to TXL.

Alphaguy Dec 26, 2006 9:36 am

Originally Posted by trekwars2000 (Post 6901195)

LH coach from BOS-FRA was bad enough on the 747.... to take it for an extra 5 hours would make me lose my mind.... not to mention my circulation. Don't you think the Germans could pull as least one row out... I'm even tempted to take extra connections to avoid them...

trekwars2000 Dec 26, 2006 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Alphaguy (Post 6903769)
LH coach from BOS-FRA was bad enough on the 747.... to take it for an extra 5 hours would make me lose my mind.... not to mention my circulation. Don't you think the Germans could pull as least one row out... I'm even tempted to take extra connections to avoid them...

Wow that is not good, I have a MR to MUC in two weeks on LH and I am rethinking doing it if it is that bad... Isn't there at least free booze or anything?

Thomas_B Dec 26, 2006 10:50 am

Free booze - yep. So just drink and sleep. ;) Seriously, it's survivable, especially if you ask for exit row seating at check-in and if you go to the airport 2hrs+ before the flight.