Wiki Posts
Search

Need 8 segments for 2 days of travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HH Gold
Question Need 8 segments for 2 days of travel

I need 8 more segments to keep my AA Gold status and I need some help. I have been searching thru ITA up and down and have not found anything that is affordable to me < $400. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I found that on the 19th of December the airfare on AA is rather cheap (don't know why but that day seems to be the cheapest). The only bad thing about traveling on that day is I am supposed to go on my son's field trip.

I also only have a little over 13000 EQMs so I doubt if i could make up that much ground with only miles. I can't fly overseas because I do not have a passport.

My home airport is ICT (yeah they call it the Air Capital but it usually costs an arm and a leg to fly from here).

Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by achiefsfan
I need 8 more segments to keep my AA Gold status and I need some help. I have been searching thru ITA up and down and have not found anything that is affordable to me < $400. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I found that on the 19th of December the airfare on AA is rather cheap (don't know why but that day seems to be the cheapest). The only bad thing about traveling on that day is I am supposed to go on my son's field trip.

I also only have a little over 13000 EQMs so I doubt if i could make up that much ground with only miles. I can't fly overseas because I do not have a passport.

My home airport is ICT (yeah they call it the Air Capital but it usually costs an arm and a leg to fly from here).

Thanks.
Have you tried FareCompare?

Could you provide available dates so it would be easier for people to provide assistance? AA has flights to FLL for $158 - should about about $200 all in. You can also try ATL and see if a connection through DFW is possible.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: CO-Plat, DL-Gold
I'm not sure you're going to get better information this time, as I think the suggestions you received last week were useful ones

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633797

I think 8 segments under $400 at this time of year from ICT isn't particularly likely; if your budget was closer to $500, you could do two RTs to any number of cities over two days and you'd get your eight segments.

Do you expect to be traveling more on AA next year? If so, a challenge early in the year might be an easier way to Gold or Plat. If you're not going to be traveling more next year, is gold really worth it for the amount you fly on AA?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 7:54 am

Programs: American Advantage
I'm in a similar boat. Need 5 segments out of Austin or San Antonio to maintain Exec. Platinum. Most of the runs I've put together have been >$600. Still trying to compare around, but it seems that a lot of fares are no longer available. I'm open to suggestions.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by achiefsfan
I need 8 more segments to keep my AA Gold status and I need some help.
Try SAN this weekend. 8 segs for as low as $312 all-in ($258+, Q0EOHLQN). Routing? ITA is your friend.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:04 pm

I tried some things coming out of austin with different combinations of AUS, OKC, SAT and DFW that worked out to ~8 segments for about 300 bucks.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by groovemoose
I tried some things coming out of austin with different combinations of AUS, OKC, SAT and DFW that worked out to ~8 segments for about 300 bucks.
Welcome to FT, groovemoose ^

I'm pretty sure the OP was interested in flying before the end of 2006 to get status, so your find, while interesting, may not be particularly helpful to the OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.