Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia UK AA F? LHR-JFK 413GBP including tax

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
I was disappointed that I had to cancel my run too, due to a business clash - I was looking forward to LHR-LAX in F. In the end, I made a profit of over $50 on the mistake, due to currency fluctuations!
How long did it take for the money to post into your credit card from the day you cancel your ticket?

I am still waiting for the money to get into mine.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by carlitos
How long did it take for the money to post into your credit card from the day you cancel your ticket?

I am still waiting for the money to get into mine.
Quite a while - but most of that was because the process was hung up while they waited for me to call with CC details. They had emailed me to call, but I forgot - don't know hey they needed the details again. After I did call, it was quite fast - called just before Christmas, refund posted befoe New Year.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:32 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
Quite a while - but most of that was because the process was hung up while they waited for me to call with CC details. They had emailed me to call, but I forgot - don't know hey they needed the details again. After I did call, it was quite fast - called just before Christmas, refund posted befoe New Year.
Wow, they have never email me. Not even when I canceled the ticket. The lady told me she was going to do some paper work and I ask her if I was going to get an email. Her answer was that everything was clear but never told me about getting an email. To date, I am still waiting for the email and for the refund. I cancel the ticket on December 13. The only thing that happen was that the ticket was canceled as I could see my reservation status at AA.com

Well, I might need to call.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by carlitos
Wow, they have never email me. Not even when I canceled the ticket. The lady told me she was going to do some paper work and I ask her if I was going to get an email. Her answer was that everything was clear but never told me about getting an email. To date, I am still waiting for the email and for the refund. I cancel the ticket on December 13. The only thing that happen was that the ticket was canceled as I could see my reservation status at AA.com

Well, I might need to call.
To be clear, I don't think the email I got was standard for all refunds - they said they had a problem processing my refund as the CC card I originally used to book was now expired (not was not true - which is what I don't understand about all this), and to call with new new CC details. After I finally called, the refund went through fast
Old Jan 8, 2007, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Thumbs up Miles

Hi!

I'm curious about an anomoly I've spotted.

I took my flight LHR to LAX (It was great - despite getting coffins - thanks to superb service from Roberta who was in charge of the First cabin).

I got the 8000+ miles, but looking at my AAdvantage account, it seems that they've posted to "Non Elite Qualifying Miles". On finding out that my company books into First on AA, I'm considering flying AA in future. It looks like this flight didn't count towards status, and I'm wondering if anyone else got status or successfully Challenged with it.

Colm

P.S. Many thanks to Infoguy for spotting this error!
Old Jan 8, 2007, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by colm
Hi!

I took my flight LHR to LAX (It was great - despite getting coffins - thanks to superb service from Roberta who was in charge of the First cabin).

I got the 8000+ miles, but looking at my AAdvantage account, it seems that they've posted to "Non Elite Qualifying Miles". On finding out that my company books into First on AA, I'm considering flying AA in future. It looks like this flight didn't count towards status, and I'm wondering if anyone else got status or successfully Challenged with it.

Colm

it does count. contact AA
Old Jan 8, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Hi!

Colm

Yes mine posted fine and counted towards my challenge.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 7:57 am
Suspended

Hi!

Colm

Counted for me too. Just been made AA Gold based on this one flight courtesy of the AA Gold Challenge. Fax will be on it's way to Bmi DC soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.