Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia UK AA F? LHR-JFK 413GBP including tax

[FARE GONE] Expedia UK AA F? LHR-JFK 413GBP including tax

Old Jul 21, 2006, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For anybody wanting to combine this with the YYZ-LCA flights, Detroit is also included (not Buffalo alas).
Old Jul 21, 2006, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by psyflyer
not the case for me. from BOS using aer lingus or virgin i price o/w for 400+ all-in, found many days. I gotta go to LON for leisure anyways so this works great for me and the outbound to LA works also good for me. thanks again OP ^
I need to fly AA, so I can upgrade, and need specific flights. So I'll end up paying about USD1,200 for BOS-JFK-LHR and LAX-JFK-BOS.

Originally Posted by bschaff1
If you get one of the 777 flights it will definitely not be in the newer cabin since that will not be phased in until starting in 2007. But ORD is also working in the deal and almost any day in November or December a one way fare can be had from ORD to London for $262 on Aer Lingus acording to ITA software. Now if only I wasn't a Star Alliance junkie.
More than half of AA's 777 fleet already have the "suites" configuration in F. None of the 777s have AA's NBC seats yet, but that's not an issue for this fare.

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I used a US credit card although on refunds.aa.com it shows me as having paid $0. Everything shows up confirmed and ticketed though.
Me too. US credit card and US address. No problems.

Just tell me what to do to get it? I have tried and tried again. Anywhere in the US will be fine as I will be flying to Toronto to start a trip to guess where? Cyprus? Right! Please help me here. Dates?
Suspended

Originally Posted by bschaff1
If you get one of the 777 flights it will definitely not be in the newer cabin since that will not be phased in until starting in 2007.
That's not accurate.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Just tell me what to do to get it? I have tried and tried again. Anywhere in the US will be fine as I will be flying to Toronto to start a trip to guess where? Cyprus? Right! Please help me here. Dates?
I can see LON -PHX for 467 for various dates between 3rd Aug and 28th
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by ExecPlatinum_Lord
Just booked me LGW/DFW on 26 Aug - 450pd, and selected "non-UK" cc address and typed in the address of our Dallas home.

Booked OK - got the Itin via email - and confirmed in 4A on flight 51! (Fare Bucket A).

Thanks to OP!

Now working on getting a 1-way fare from DFW to LGW on 25 Aug that's "reasonable".
your right, i had at first put the itin on hold...
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
there's one person missing in this thread...paging GUWonder!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:10 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Okay, it worked! ^

Question: What is AA's policy on fares like this? I certainly don't want to get to LHR and be told that I am in a middle Y seat for 9 hours back to Chicago, or worse, no seat at all.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
booked two seats to BOS for 413/each pounds. Called AA to cancel my flight to LAX as i said i made a mistake, they said to call expedia. Just got off the phone with them and they cancelled my flight no problemo...

Anyone on the flight to BOS on AA 155??

I let AZ's to LCA go no way i was going to let this one go... seems like there is still a few seats on my flight.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Okay, it worked! ^

Question: What is AA's policy on fares like this? I certainly don't want to get to LHR and be told that I am in a middle Y seat for 9 hours back to Chicago, or worse, no seat at all.
Would love to know as well.. how has AA handled this in the past?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Okay, it worked! ^

if they do like last summer for the MAN-CLE fares:they might offer you miles(you would earn on the flight) if you give up the seat for revenue.
Mind that the MAN-CLE was an Y fare.I'm sure they will try to get you "off the plane"(meaning trying to accomodate you with miles): JFK/LAX/BOS/ORD are routes where they can sell last minute full F,C/J walk-up fares,those that boost revenue

Last edited by MACH81; Jul 21, 2006 at 5:16 pm Reason: to add
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by MACH81
if they do like last summer for the MAN-CLE fares:they might offer you miles(you would earn on the flight) if you give up the seat for revenue.
Mind that the MAN-CLE was an Y fare.I'm sure they will try to get you off the plane and JFK/LAX/BOS/ORD are routes where they can sell last minute full fares.
this still isn't a very good mileage run though right??
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MACH81
..I'm sure they will try to get you "off the plane"(meaning trying to accomodate you with miles): JFK/LAX/BOS/ORD are routes where they can sell last minute full F,C/J walk-up fares,those that boost revenue
You can't be "sure" of that-- it's complete speculation and conjecture and without any foundation in fact.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:23 pm

Pulled the trigger on two of these; one in Sept and one in Dec. However, in my haste I inverted the spelling of my name on one of the tix. I tried AA web and plat desk and no joy; they said to call expedia. I have a feeling this could doom me. The second one I'm spelled correctly
Great find to the OP.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 5:28 pm

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Talking

Deleted by request to remove specific flight info

Last edited by ExecPlatinum_Lord; Jul 23, 2006 at 4:51 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.