Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Fare Sales Are About to Happen Fast & Furious - UA to start

[FARE GONE] Fare Sales Are About to Happen Fast & Furious - UA to start

Old Sep 26, 2006, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine went well.

I had a confirmed flight for 3.45pm leaving LAX. But stood by for the 7am flight out of LAX got 9B with 500milers

stayed 2 days in NY. Return I got confirmed at my window and got 9A at checkin

I have 2 more coming up. So far it looks that my 500milers will clear
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
My results so far 2 flights out of 5 booked.

9/16 OAK/IAD/OAK. work2fly and VPescado were also on the flights. We were close to a bump on the outbound, but they didn't need us after all. At IAD work2fly got the brilliant idea of changing the return to IAD/LAX/OAK and the matrons in the RCC switched us over to the flight for the $25 (and extra miles). VPescado kept his original flights. The IAD/OAK was my first (and last) RJ flight.
Heh. I would have been on that flight except that when they changed the timing by an hour, I called India and after arguing for 10 minutes convinced them to change my flight to 10/07 without any charge as I had just found out that I needed to be in DC at that time. I'm sorry I missed meeting you guys though.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by channa
Most everything LAX-SJC was full, so it was tough to get to SJC.
Same with LAX-OAK.

I was only able to confirm space on the last flight of the night (in F on a CR7). I used a little 1K magic and successfully flew stand-by on a much earlier flight. Problem is, they let me board the plane after they closed the flight and printed the manifest. As far as UA is concerned, I didn't fly the flight and, if my efforts are unsuccessful, I may not get MP credit for the segment.

Oh well, there will always be another opportunity to talk an agent into allowing extra segments like Pat89339 and I did the week before.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shukris
Heh. I would have been on that flight except that when they changed the timing by an hour, I called India and after arguing for 10 minutes convinced them to change my flight to 10/07 without any charge as I had just found out that I needed to be in DC at that time. I'm sorry I missed meeting you guys though.
Mom89339 and I are on UA208 10/07 OAK/IAD. 1A&B. Not a MR though--I'm taking her there for a visit with her brother. Of course I have her schooled in VDB so we will try for a bump. Would be happy to meet all FTers on the flight.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:45 pm

I was also on flight 30 on Friday night, with alliance and jan_az - guess I should have deployed the FT luggage tags. I was in 11A (which I prefer to row 9) and slept the whole flight.

And flight 21 on Sunday morning would have been full of us. But that cancellation worked out great for me. I was auto-rebooked on flight 23 at 9 am, but waitlisted for an upgrade on that flight. I called to see if I could get a confirmed upgrade on a later flight, but there wasn't anything until too late in the day for me. I saw that 23 was showing F6 C0 Y0 so I figured something good could happen. And it did: after they filled the C cabin with upgraders, I was called up and put in F. (This was the first time I've been in PS F, after many times in C. I like the C seats better, but the service in F was better.)

I like cancellations that give me a better departure time and F instead of C!
Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Don't forget to post your itins here if you haven't flown yet!
Old Sep 26, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: GM
thank you OP!

did 2 runs this weekend: TPA-Den-Sea-Iad-TPA and SEA-ord-dca-ord-SEA. missed connection in seattle sat night due to weather, but they graciously fixed the problem. the real treat was 2 bumps ($200 x 2) trying to get from ORD to SEA on Monday...the 11:55am, 3:19pm, 5:20pm flights were all oversold. this MR really more than paid for itself...thank you OP!!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:11 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Mrs hiyo and I flew the first of these fares Labor Day weekend, SAN-IAD-SAN. We took a bump on the Fri night redeye for $400 in TCs each, and left on the first flight Saturday, returning Monday.

The only other flights we booked on this fare are mid-October to NYC, but it turns out we will make money on the deal overall. The SAN-IAD flights were $128, and I think the SAN-LGA ones were $158 as there is a connection both ways. Less than $300 each for airfare, returning $400 each in travel credits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.