Wiki Posts
Search

Help: US Run out of DTW

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Help: US Run out of DTW

I plan to do a US Run out of DTW next weekend, coz I have a $ voucher expiring soon. I am collecting UA miles, so no HP. Can anybody suggest a good one-day or overnight MR? Thanks for your help. dunwu
Old May 13, 2006, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dunwu
I plan to do a US Run out of DTW next weekend, coz I have a $ voucher expiring soon. I am collecting UA miles, so no HP. Can anybody suggest a good one-day or overnight MR? Thanks for your help. dunwu
What have you come up with so far? What do we have to beat?
Old May 13, 2006, 8:52 am

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
If it's a $200 voucher, which is what I usually get from US, I try to go to TPA or MCO because the cost is less and you may be able to get a same day return without spending the night The last MRs I did on US was MSY after Katrina 4th quarter of 2005, since the fares were so low. When I have time to plan ahead, I use Dream Maps at travelocity.com. Since you are running out of time, try the weekend savers at the US site...http://www.usairways.com/pro/esavers/index.htm However, there is nothing from DTW or Dayton at the moment.

-outoftown

Last edited by outoftown; May 13, 2006 at 8:59 am
Old May 13, 2006, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
it's a $400 voucher. I did check dream map, and the best I can find right now is DTW-ORD-SFO-ORD-DTW. Any better idea?

Originally Posted by outoftown
If it's a $200 voucher, which is what I usually get from US, I try to go to TPA or MCO because the cost is less and you may be able to get a same day return for the minimum invested. The last MRs I did on US was MSY after Katrina 4th quarter of 2005, since the fares were so low. Best method is to check out options from DTW at Dream Maps at travelocity.com.

-outoftown
Old May 13, 2006, 9:31 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Connecting in ORD is going to be UA, so check and see if the voucher has a restriction requiring flights on US/HP metal before you try to use that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.