Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) Aa:pdx-nyc $113+

(FARE GONE) Aa:pdx-nyc $113+

Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by AvalancheZ71
I tried to make heads or tails to see if the terminals are airside from maps from different sites and could not tell.
Based on this site, T1 and T2 are NOT connect airside. D'oh!
Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXPLT; 1MM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Wink Update - Schedule changes

Because of recent schedule changes I've been able to maximize my routing as follows:

Next few MR's next month

1) JFK-LAX-PDX-LAX-MIA-LGA
2) JFK-MIA-LAX-PDX-LAX-MIA-JFK
3) LGA-DFW-SEA-PHX-SEA-DFW-LGA

I love buying this months in advance and then being able to maximize the mileage with the schedule changes.

Old Aug 4, 2006, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Parisbeba
Because of recent schedule changes I've been able to maximize my routing as follows:

Next few MR's next month

1) JFK-LAX-PDX-LAX-MIA-LGA
2) JFK-MIA-LAX-PDX-LAX-MIA-JFK
3) LGA-DFW-SEA-PHX-SEA-DFW-LGA

I love buying this months in advance and then being able to maximize the mileage with the schedule changes.

Out of curiosity, how did you approach the agent? Did you just say, "Ok I want to fly to PDX by way of MIA and LAX" or did you just feign ignorance?

I've run into some resistance as of late.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Out of curiosity, how did you approach the agent? Did you just say, "Ok I want to fly to PDX by way of MIA and LAX" or did you just feign ignorance?

I've run into some resistance as of late.
I had one agent trying to find routings as the original in this ITIN was jfk-lax-san-pdx-lax-jfk.
I realized she was really working options. So i pushed a bit. It was an Indian sounding woman who originally booked us through MIA. Not sure if thats important or just the way it happened. I've never had luck going outside routing rules even in a schedule change situation.
But this time it happened. More surprised is we have 6 hours in MIA on the second one here instead of the normal limit of 4.

So basically after feeling out the agent i realized it was a chance to try.

You never score on the shots you dont take.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 1:27 pm

Wink

I feigned a bit of ignorance and told the agent that I wanted to keep most of my routing in tack as she actually wanted to give me a direct routing, she laughed and said if I was doing it for miles, I told her yes, so she obliged.

I guess this is the story of actually getting a good agent and one that is willing to do some searching for you.

So, if you don't get what you would like, hang up and call again
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:14 am

AA just changed the schedules again. I got an email yesterday notifying me of this. It's annoying how they keep changing this.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by butterflykisses
AA just changed the schedules again. I got an email yesterday notifying me of this. It's annoying how they keep changing this.
Sounds like another opportunity to rework the flights and get what you want, unless you already had it in which case
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:46 am

Wink

What I have noticed is when you purchase a ticket 3-4 months in advance, there is always schedule changes.

My advice would be to check your routing rules and be well informed as to which citis you are "allowed" to connect through, then make your suggestionst to the agent. If the agent doesn't respond favorably, do not accept "their" changes and hang up and call again. You will eventually get an agent that is willing to work with you, especially if you are explt/plat.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I have lots of these booked. I will not rework my routings until a couple weeks in advance. To do it sooner is simply a waste of time as schedules may change again.

I had the max efficient routing and expect to get the same again.

I have no worries over this...
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:37 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
I have lots of these booked. I will not rework my routings until a couple weeks in advance. To do it sooner is simply a waste of time as schedules may change again.

I had the max efficient routing and expect to get the same again.

I have no worries over this...
When you wait, the AAgent often complains that they told you about the schedule changes months ago and now you want to change things.

Also, if you make a big change, you may go to the bottom of the upgrade list, or at least the bottom of the EXP section of the upgrade list.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by Spiff
When you wait, the AAgent often complains that they told you about the schedule changes months ago and now you want to change things.

Also, if you make a big change, you may go to the bottom of the upgrade list, or at least the bottom of the EXP section of the upgrade list.
Yeah, I know. But there is no way I am going to change my Jan itins now; I am sure there is going to be another sched change.

As for the agent complaining, my itins are not flyable as they are now, so they will have to work with me.

As for the upgrade list, I am OK with being on the same level as the EXPs who bought a few weeks in advance.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by crhptic
Sounds like another opportunity to rework the flights and get what you want, unless you already had it in which case
already had it, was a great run and considering was taking my 5 year old along with me didn't want long layovers in the airports, now have 4-5 hours at each stop. i am trying to rework it, yet again.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:08 am

Talking

I also dont have a job where i can spend half my day on the phone with airlines negotiating routings. Must be nice for those of you who essentially get paid for conducting your personal business on company time. Yes I wish I could too.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by butterflykisses
already had it, was a great run and considering was taking my 5 year old along with me didn't want long layovers in the airports, now have 4-5 hours at each stop. i am trying to rework it, yet again.
Wow, taking a 5 year old on a mileage run, you're a braver soul than I...
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:38 pm

he's been on about 6 of them with me, loves to fly and the stewardess thinks he's adorable so he always gets special treatment. he's on his way to platinum though, after this next mr, he'll need another 10 thousand miles. you gotta love it, a 5 year old with platinum status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.