Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares

"Good Deal" premium fares

Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tiburon1K
Decent RT AI business class fare of ~$2190 for TPE-HKG-LAX/SFO on Cathay via cathaypacific.com. Screen shot at: www.hopwise.com
Have you tried pricing this out? Given the experience of the last hopwise-related post, I'm not too convinced by screenshots.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by izzik
Have you tried pricing this out? Given the experience of the last hopwise-related post, I'm not too convinced by screenshots.
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...9&WAemail=HOME

It does price to $2190.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:11 am

that's good !
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:43 pm

Lhr-doh-bkk r/t $2333

QR metal whole way ^ -Saw on Kayak; example dates 10/19-10/22 "D" fare
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Planereality
No biggie. Its year round.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Thanks for sharing Planereality!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 4:03 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge, FB Plat
If you book it at the QR website you actualy can make to get it for about 1,899.29 USD.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:28 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Not quite as good but still worth a look: LH C LHR/BHX - BKK/SIN/KUL ret 2200 or one-way 1100. Bookable on Expeedya co uk etc
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by tiburon1K
How about to Surabaya RT for about $300 US - total about 5000 miles RT, that's not a bad deal at all!

or same day turn around for SIN at about $400...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:55 pm

Location: Tokyo, Hong Kong & Barcelona (not in order of preference)
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat, LH SEN
Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
How about to Surabaya RT for about $300 US - total about 5000 miles RT, that's not a bad deal at all!

or same day turn around for SIN at about $400...
Those are some great value fares! Taipei - Jakarta for the milage alone is amazing value...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:02 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by HKGBCN
Those are some great value fares! Taipei - Jakarta for the milage alone is amazing value...
Just moved to Taipei, wish a *A carrier (SQ!) could have some deals like this
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:10 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
what type of routing? Thru BKK or HKG? Presumably these are some of the few bc's that can credit to AA?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
what type of routing? Thru BKK or HKG? Presumably these are some of the few bc's that can credit to AA?
HKG, and can credit to AA, afaik.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was digging around trying to find some OW business fares ex-west coast US and stumbled on a number of decently priced AY fares out of YVR, nothing stunning I'll be the first to admit but probably worthy of "good deal" status if you work the fare right. These are IFLEX fares (discounted business), bookable on BA codeshares YVR-LHR and then presumably on AY metal onwards. The base fares are $3100+ for EU destinations (not really a good deal, but much cheaper than issuing on BA stock) and $3700+ for some in Asia (the long way around). I was able to construct YVR-LHR-HEL-BKK-HKG (with a CX codeshare), that's a lot of miles (and there are healthy MPM's on these fares).

While there is no HIP exception, there are some lower priced intermediate points that you could presumably stop if you picked a clever routing (in my example above, HEL and BKK?) as the fare does appear to permit 2 free stopovers.

Again, not super cheap, but by far the cheapest way to get on BA CW across the Atlantic right now, and then onward to asia, and the potential for lots of miles...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: Miles&More SEN; FlyingBlue Gold; IberiaPlus
Hola stephem!

Originally Posted by stephem
I was digging around trying to find some OW business fares ex-west coast US and stumbled on a number of decently priced AY fares out of YVR, nothing stunning I'll be the first to admit but probably worthy of "good deal" status if you work the fare right. These are IFLEX fares (discounted business), bookable on BA codeshares YVR-LHR and then presumably on AY metal onwards. The base fares are $3100+ for EU destinations (not really a good deal, but much cheaper than issuing on BA stock) and $3700+ for some in Asia (the long way around). I was able to construct YVR-LHR-HEL-BKK-HKG (with a CX codeshare), that's a lot of miles (and there are healthy MPM's on these fares).

While there is no HIP exception, there are some lower priced intermediate points that you could presumably stop if you picked a clever routing (in my example above, HEL and BKK?) as the fare does appear to permit 2 free stopovers.

Again, not super cheap, but by far the cheapest way to get on BA CW across the Atlantic right now, and then onward to asia, and the potential for lots of miles...
Where did you get those fares? Are they bookable on AY website?

Thanks,

Rogerbcn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.