Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares

"Good Deal" premium fares

Old Aug 12, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Ay lhr-bkk $1365 rt ++

For anyone going Europe - SE Asia ...Finnair has very low Biz fares from LHR to a number of Asian destinations, of which BKK is one example (though I should note that Bangladesh Biman has a fare for about $1050++ RT - if you're a bit of a masochist or at least if schedule reliability isn't a factor for you)
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by zenexplorer
For anyone going Europe - SE Asia ...Finnair has very low Biz fares from LHR to a number of Asian destinations, of which BKK is one example (though I should note that Bangladesh Biman has a fare for about $1050++ RT - if you're a bit of a masochist or at least if schedule reliability isn't a factor for you)
BTW, these (or similar) are available from many of their European starting points. LHR might not even be the cheapest one.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
Your albums are awesome!

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I have a lot of CO meal pictures in my flickr album. Feel free to browse through them. I believe CO uses 752 on those routes. Although the seats are decent and very spacious, it's still a narrowbody. I don't know, I find flying over the pond on a narrow body not particularly exciting. It's like flying domestic. CO meals are always tasty. All in all a good deal but I wouldn't go out of my way to try it.
Read your post and decided to check out your flickr pictures. WOW....that
A380 First Suite looked fantastic! Great Pictures and thanks so much for sharing!
^^^
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Etihad offers great fares from India-Chicago

Originally Posted by drbala
Etihad has a return business class fare of Rs 108900 including taxes appx $2300 from Chennai to JFK. The ticket is changeable and refundable. One way is Rs 68,000
www.etihadairways.com
I recently traveled on Etihad from MAA to JFK in Business class and the flight, food and service was impeccable.

Their Abu Dhabi airport is in someways better than Dubai.

They continue offering Emirates bashing airfares. Recently they have started flying to Chicago and offer an online business class fare of 109,000 Rs which is discounted by a local TA for Rs 105,000. Their First class fares are unreal to Chicago. Return First class fare from Chennai to Chicago (Business class from MAA-AUH) is Rs 207,000 roughly US$4100 including all taxes and fuel surcharge. The ticket is refundable and dates changeable with $20 penalty. This is not a 2 for 1 offer and compares to ORD-MAA first class fare $115,000
The tickets are in Eticket format.
The fare may not be available on all dates as Chicago flight is not daily.
They also have status matching available as a special offer
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by nomad1974
BTW, these (or similar) are available from many of their European starting points. LHR might not even be the cheapest one.

Where are you finding these fares? I'm trying to get to BKK from the east coast....london is super easy to use upgrades to but then eur-asia in paid C at that price would be amazing.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by V60t
Where are you finding these fares? I'm trying to get to BKK from the east coast....london is super easy to use upgrades to but then eur-asia in paid C at that price would be amazing.
www.finnair.fr/.de/.nl/.pl etc.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by drbala
I recently traveled on Etihad from MAA to JFK in Business class and the flight, food and service was impeccable.

Their Abu Dhabi airport is in someways better than Dubai.

They continue offering Emirates bashing airfares. Recently they have started flying to Chicago and offer an online business class fare of 109,000 Rs which is discounted by a local TA for Rs 105,000. Their First class fares are unreal to Chicago. Return First class fare from Chennai to Chicago (Business class from MAA-AUH) is Rs 207,000 roughly US$4100 including all taxes and fuel surcharge. The ticket is refundable and dates changeable with $20 penalty. This is not a 2 for 1 offer and compares to ORD-MAA first class fare $115,000
The tickets are in Eticket format.
The fare may not be available on all dates as Chicago flight is not daily.
They also have status matching available as a special offer

Are these fares also available from Delhi? Do you know a good local TA? Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 1:22 pm

Not seeing these, unfortunately (from the .com site - i'm in America)

Last edited by V60t; Aug 13, 2009 at 1:28 pm
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:05 pm

Not seeing these, unfortunately (from the .com site - i'm in America)
Yes, you have to go to one of the European sites, like I said in my earlier post. These deals are available from certain European cities only.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:35 pm

Not seeing them from co.uk
.pl
.it
.ch
.es

I wonder if this expired...theyre all about 2000euro
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:51 pm

Not seeing them from co.uk
.pl
.it
.ch
.es

I wonder if this expired...theyre all about 2000euro
These are the offers from the UK and from France. Haven't checked for dates, so don't know whether/when they're still available.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:17 pm

I booked over Christmas and NYE from DCA to BCN; MAD to DCA for about $1950 all in. I was happy to see that open jaws are allowed. Any theories on why nobody is matching these fares? Is it the tired BF seat?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:36 pm

1 590 for CDG to BKK on the France special

1,090 for LHR to BKK on the UK special

Is there a code to get it down the 1350usd?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
From the Finnair UK site

Sales period: until 15 August 2009. Travel period: until 31 August 2009.

No minimum stay. Maximum stay: 1 month.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:19 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Originally Posted by ddutil
I booked over Christmas and NYE from DCA to BCN; MAD to DCA for about $1950 all in. I was happy to see that open jaws are allowed. Any theories on why nobody is matching these fares? Is it the tired BF seat?
Most of these flights I remember last year were on 757. Spacious seats but still only one aisle, less ability to walk around. As for matching, I'm sure it will come up later. Holiday periods are slow business travel times to Europe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.