Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares

"Good Deal" premium fares

Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by nomad1974
What dates did you get? I was trying to price a CDG-ORD rtn but came to ridiculous prices (~6k for 2 pax) so I gave up.
It needs to be during July and August. There is a promo link on the front page of the LOT site. (Certainly the UK site at least)
Old Jul 7, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
Well, the return fares are as good as those one ways.
What if the ticket is attached end on end to another ticket originating not in CMB. Should local regulations require the ticket to be issued in CMB???
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by RAPC
It needs to be during July and August. There is a promo link on the front page of the LOT site. (Certainly the UK site at least)
Yes, yes, I know. I'm the one who first posted this, remember? I am just saying that the prices ex-CDG are still ridiculous. E.g. CDG-ORD prices at 6031 for 2 people for all the dates I have checked in August.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:46 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by johnnybgood3
Thanks for posting. This will be my first paid 1st trip if I can get reasonable flights on either side. Now to decide between 380 biz and 747 1st (and the resulting layovers in NRT or SIN, respectively)! Life's rough
I have looked at this fare (thanks to the OP ^) but can only see CMB-SIN (EK)-SIN (JL or UA)-HNL (CI), which is fine but actually I need SQ or any *A carriers from SIN onwards. Is this possible? If so, please could you point us in the right direction. Many thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by nomad1974
Yes, yes, I know. I'm the one who first posted this, remember? I am just saying that the prices ex-CDG are still ridiculous. E.g. CDG-ORD prices at €6031 for 2 people for all the dates I have checked in August.
You have a point.

Simple solution - fly from LHR Seriously though, that's a massive hike for CDG vs LHR.

Last edited by RAPC; Jul 7, 2009 at 4:03 pm
Old Jul 7, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by NoY
I have looked at this fare (thanks to the OP ^) but can only see CMB-SIN (EK)-SIN (JL or UA)-HNL (CI), which is fine but actually I need SQ or any *A carriers from SIN onwards. Is this possible? If so, please could you point us in the right direction. Many thanks!
You can definitely do SQ, UA or even ANA on the SIN-NRT segment but I haven't come across anything but CI for NRT-HNL. There's also the option of taking TG through BKK instead of SIN. I haven't found any other good routing options yet but I'm relatively inexperienced with using ITA to search for premium cabins.. half the time it returns flights that are completely in coach what's the point!?

I'm still looking for good deals HNL-anywhere in the lower 48 so PM me or post in mileage run deals if you have something. Air Asia runs KUL-CMB so I think that side is ok.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: LH FTL, TK Gold, AZ Gold, CC Concierge, HH Diamond
You can definitely do SQ, UA or even ANA on the SIN-NRT segment but I haven't come across anything but CI for NRT-HNL. There's also the option of taking TG through BKK instead of SIN. I haven't found any other good routing options yet but I'm relatively inexperienced with using ITA to search for premium cabins.. half the time it returns flights that are completely in coach what's the point!?

I'm still looking for good deals HNL-anywhere in the lower 48 so PM me or post in mileage run deals if you have something. Air Asia runs KUL-CMB so I think that side is ok.
The deal seems to be quiet good. I found CMB-BKK-NRT on TG in C/F and onwards to HNL on CI in C or via SIN in C and F.

But how do I get this flights ticketed?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA*G, TG*G, HH*D
CMB-HNL F

i noticed that ITA lists the following tax in the fare details:-

"Sri Lanka Overseas Sales Surcharge $60.00"

this would imply that are overseas sales are allowed??? any thoughts on this and how to book this overseas?

also, i can't find NRT-HNL on any carrier except CI. is CI in any major alliance?

thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by st*rgold
iany thoughts on this and how to book this overseas?

also, i can't find NRT-HNL on any carrier except CI. is CI in any major alliance?

thanks.
The fares could be booked in amadeus (www.start.de), but just in C Class. Price for a return arround 1200 euros all in depending on your dates of travel and routing. Flights on SQ CMB-SIN-NRT; CI NRT-HNL-NRT; TG NRT-BKK-CMB
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by st*rgold

this would imply that are overseas sales are allowed??? any thoughts on this and how to book this overseas?

thanks.
The fare can be booked in amadeus (www.start.de). Depending on your dates of travel and routing the price is arround 1200 euros all in, but just in C class
Got flight on SQ CMB-SIn-NRT and NRT-HNL-NRT on CI; NRT-BKK-CMB on TG

It seems that there is a need to use CI within the routing
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:56 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Thanks for all of the additional info guys ^ This won't work for me unfortunately - given the CI segment. Good luck to those that can make it work.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Keep checking Farecompare, with HNL in the from field.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by tomnikde
But how do I get this flights ticketed?
good old XP can get the job done
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
good old XP can get the job done
Anything besides XP? XP seems a little reluctant to mix biz & 1st on some itins that I build on ITA.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by tomnikde
It seems that there is a need to use CI within the routing
Because it's a CI fare. Why don't people understand that you have to fly with the carrier that files the fare? This has come up several times when less than ideal carriers have great deals. Depending on the fare rules you may be able to route legs on other carriers, but you cannot completely avoid the carrier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.