Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares

"Good Deal" premium fares

Old Aug 2, 2008, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
It will probably be gone soon anyway, since AC is canceling the SMF route:

Vancouver-Sacramento: last date of operation Oct. 25.

I wonder how they'll support changes beyond this date... I'll grab a ticket just to see Fully refundable of course...
Interesting.
Im thinking about buying one and be rebooked to flight from SCL
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:34 am

Tip: I would NEVER route the SMF-BKK fare via SMF-YVR. Why fly coach? Route via LAX, for instance to fly UX F. The only AC flight must be the transatlantic.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by Colin
Tip: I would NEVER route the SMF-BKK fare via SMF-YVR. Why fly coach? Route via LAX, for instance to fly UX F. The only AC flight must be the transatlantic.
If you route via LAX/SFO/DEN, the fare jumps back up to $5K or so...
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Colin
How are you supposed to do that with this in the fare rules?

BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND AREA 3 THE FARE COMPONENT MUST NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA THE UNITED STATES.
Oh, and yes, the addition of that to all these great AC fares is your doing. Thanks so very much.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

You'll have to fly coach for the SMF-LAX portion but there are some sites that will price out SMFLAXNRTBKK for 1650.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:30 pm

The fare on AC J is o/w, what should someone do if one needs to get back to SMF or YVR to do a premium fare r/t MR?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 1K+
The fare on AC J is o/w, what should someone do if one needs to get back to SMF or YVR to do a premium fare r/t MR?
Book a BKK-SMF ticket?
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
Book a BKK-SMF ticket?
Point I am trying to make is the fares come up significantly higher on the return BKK-SMF. This fare Colin mentioned is o/w only.......
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:14 pm

DEAL OF THE DAY

DPS-LAX NH F ~ $5000 roundtrip

This fare is a bit on the high side, but it is a helluva lot of fun for the true first class lover. I suggest via SIN for sure on SQ. Enjoy the fun T3 F lounge and then head to ICN or HKG in 77W F. HKG is a great stop for <24 hours. From HKG, take the CX 744 into Narita in F. Experience the CX F lounges including cabanas, plus the excellent in flight product. I like to stop for another 24 hours in Japan, just to have dinner. The next day, the beautiful NH F lounge and NH 777 F awaits -- enjoy the excellent vino as thoughts of 625% BD earnings fill your head.

If you like to vacation in south east Asian resorts for the excellent value of ultra-premium accomodations, then this can be a great fare. I like to have an F ticket at the waiting to get back to south east Asia for a week of luxury. I always feel like the vacation begins when I arrive at the airport in advance of SQ, CX, OZ, and NH F flights. Sublime.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Pair SMF-->BKK with KUL-->LAX

Originally Posted by 1K+
Point I am trying to make is the fares come up significantly higher on the return BKK-SMF. This fare Colin mentioned is o/w only.......
True, but Colin earlier posted another AC biz-class o/w fare for KUL-->LAX.

You can connect BKK to KUL for only $110 all-in each way on either MH or Air Asia. (MH has a zero fare sale on this route, but fees bump it up to $110.)

Flying into SMF on WN couldn't be all that expensive either.

Both of the o/w's fare are available at least yesterday. I didn't bite only because I got other stuff already booked months out.

Last edited by Bowgie; Aug 2, 2008 at 3:49 pm Reason: Corrected airport code
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
True, but Colin earlier posted another AC biz-class o/w fare for KUL-->LAX.

You can connect BKK to KUL for only $110 all-in each way on either MH or Air Asia. (MH has a zero fare sale on this route, but fees bump it up to $110.)

Flying into SMF on WN couldn't be all that expensive either.

Both of the o/w's fare are available at least yesterday. I didn't bite only because I got other stuff already booked months out.
You are correct, I missed out on Colin's KUL-AKL-LAX......

Thanks to you both!!!!

Cheers....
Old Aug 3, 2008, 4:00 pm

DEAL OF THE DAY

Due to popular demand, a bone for the Europeans.

SGN - EUROPE in F ~ $3000 one-way
SGN - CDG in C ~ $1500 one-way

TG F fare. Be sure to really lather up & enjoy this fare via creative routings that maximize F segments, enjoy <24 stopovers in SIN/HKG, and to experience great lounges in KUL, SIN, HKG, & BKK. Get to anywhere in Europe -- just be sure the last booked segment is -MIL . 625% BD miles of course for BDG55+.

VN C fare. Not much opportunity for creativity.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:33 am

DEAL OF THE DAY

Want to experience SQ F, TG F, earn 625% BD miles, experience awesome lounges, and visit a beautiful part of the world? Who wouldn't?

CMB-SQ-SIN-SQ-BKK-TG-JNB-SA-CPT ~ $1800 one-way first class

Care to continue onwards to Europe and then South America? Wow. What a great idea. Read back several pages for another deal of the day.

Last edited by rcs85551; Aug 4, 2008 at 12:51 pm Reason: off-topic quotes removed
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Since FT is all about sharing, I'm quite happy to share premium cabin information. Use your mouse to highlight the following text (kept hidden from prying airline eyes!):

1. Subscribe to Expertflyer or KVS or something similar, or just use ITA.
2. Learn what HIP, MPM, routing fares mean and how they impact on your itineraries.
3. Play with itineraries from (especially) and to (sometimes) cities in southeast asia (especially cities that aren't the main hubs of the airlines that belong to the big alliances) and other cities in countries that don't have the purchasing power that most "Western" businesses enjoy.

This is really all there is to finding good fares.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by zorn
Since FT is all about sharing, I'm quite happy to share premium cabin information. Use your mouse to highlight the following text (kept hidden from prying airline eyes!):
Ha ha ha Zorn, that's a good one. Just to add to your suggestion - a step#4 - Get a good TA.

Last edited by rcs85551; Aug 4, 2008 at 12:50 pm Reason: removed off-topic quotes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.