FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   MR out of ORD on AA this weekend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/483906-mr-out-ord-aa-weekend.html)

DisgruntledGoat Oct 18, 2005 6:07 pm

I'll pay you for a MR out of ORD on AA this weekend

Seriously. It's crunch time for me and I need the miles like a crack addict needs a fix. Unfortunately the local dealer can't dispense EQMs. But I'm not talented in finding MR's and quite frankly, I don't care where I go. I've looked at ord-lax/anywhere on the left coast with ITA and haven't come up with anything exciting. My creativity has fallen by the wayside and I can't come up with anything that's really a run (I mean, $600 for a sfo run isn't cool).

So, the rules for me are:

1) I can leave as early as Friday evening/Saturday morning. Heck, I can leave whenever. I just have to be back for work on Monday.
2) I don't care where I go. Really, I don't.
3) I need 4600 miles. Actually, I need 4597 miles for EXP requalification.
4) This is your chance to get even or even be just plain cruel. This is your chance to put me through hell and the shoe carnivals of the worst airports in the US. This is your chance to mock me as I run from gate to gate with narrow connection times while you're at home with a drink. If you can find some RJ hell for me (10 segments - whatever), I'll do it.
5) If you can find some international run, I'm cool with that too.

As for payment, I'll be more than happy to send a small gift or two from Chicago.

TIA, DG

LucWise Oct 18, 2005 6:36 pm

How much are you looking to spend on this?

DisgruntledGoat Oct 18, 2005 6:37 pm

$350-$400 tops. Ideally as cheap as possible. :)

NHFL9 Oct 18, 2005 6:44 pm

I came up with 4534 routing ORD-STL-DFW-BWI-DFW-STL-ORD, but that still leaves you short. It priced out at $380 I think.

izzik Oct 18, 2005 6:52 pm

$375.20 all in

Grab your passport:
ORD-TPA-MIA-GUA-DFW-ORD
Out Saturday, Back Sunday
4656 base miles.

Unfortunately, you'll fly right into Wilma.

LucWise Oct 18, 2005 6:53 pm

ORD-IND-STL-DFW-BWI-STL-DFW-ORD depart Oct. 22 return Oct. 23. Total cost: $421. It's a little over 4,800 miles.

TravelAuto Oct 18, 2005 6:59 pm

Drive to DTW Fri night and get a cheapie room. Fly Sat to LAX and back same day for under $200 all included.

DTW-xORD-DFW-LAX
LAX-DFW-DTW
4759 Q Miles

As you drive past Ann Arbor leave a case of beer at my house :)

DisgruntledGoat Oct 18, 2005 7:11 pm

going to GUA is sexy, but tropical storms aren't. It'd be hard to explain to the bossman at work that I'm in GUA.

Since $$ is not allowed I will be sending you some huge cookies instead.

NHFL9 Oct 18, 2005 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat
going to GUA is sexy, but tropical storms aren't. It'd be hard to explain to the bossman at work that I'm in GUA.

Since $$ is not allowed I will be sending you some huge cookies instead.

I was hoping to find a run for you through BOS, so you could bring me food from the Berghoff restaurant in Chicago :D

gomike Oct 18, 2005 7:51 pm

Mine isnt ticketed yet. . . :confused:

DisgruntledGoat Oct 18, 2005 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by NHFL9
I was hoping to find a run for you through BOS, so you could bring me food from the Berghoff restaurant in Chicago :D

Get me through BOS with 2+ hours for me to exit, meet you for a beer and hand you takeout from Berghoff's and you've got yourself a deal.

ElmhurstNick Oct 18, 2005 8:23 pm

$427 from ITA, but I know that the MDW-BUR inventory is good because I checked that part on expedia

Friday: MDW-DFW-BUR, 4:33pm-9:28pm, 2023 mi
Saturday: BUR-DFW-PIT, 7:00am-4:18pm, 2292 mi
Saturday: PIT-ORD, 6:50p-7:25p, 500 mi

csky217 Oct 19, 2005 1:59 am

Originally Posted by TravelAuto
Drive to DTW Fri night and get a cheapie room. Fly Sat to LAX and back same day for under $200 all included.

DTW-xORD-DFW-LAX
LAX-DFW-DTW
4759 Q Miles

As you drive past Ann Arbor leave a case of beer at my house :)

And for $52 roundtrip (less with AAA), you can take Amtrak to Ann Arbor and back, get TravelAuto to take you to DTW, and THEN leave the beer.

On second thought, maybe you should wait until TravelAuto takes you back to the train station to hand out the beer.

DisgruntledGoat Oct 19, 2005 2:28 pm

These are pretty sexy, I just can't pull the trigger. :(