Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Mileage Run Seminars -- Details in First Post (MERGED)

Mileage Run Seminars -- Details in First Post (MERGED)

Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Would there be support for another Ann Arbor DO seminar? I'm planning on having the event again this year.
I am up for Ann Arbor.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:05 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'm definitely interested in attending the SAN seminar. I notice that the first post says that it will list details, but nothing is mentioned about it there and the registration link only refers to a Seattle seminar from last year.

I also notice early on in this thread, there is a discussion that the seminar might be limited to finding Skyteam runs.

I know that I'm all confused here, but is there probably going to be a seminar on Feb 24/25 in San Diego, assuming I want to attend, should I register, and is it limited to Skyteam runs, or would it be useful to those of us who go exclusively with the Aadvantage program?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Hoc
I'm definitely interested in attending the SAN seminar. I notice that the first post says that it will list details, but nothing is mentioned about it there and the registration link only refers to a Seattle seminar from last year.

I also notice early on in this thread, there is a discussion that the seminar might be limited to finding Skyteam runs.

I know that I'm all confused here, but is there probably going to be a seminar on Feb 24/25 in San Diego, assuming I want to attend, should I register, and is it limited to Skyteam runs, or would it be useful to those of us who go exclusively with the Aadvantage program?

Hi Hoc...

Check out posting #142 in this posting

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...4&page=4&pp=40

It should answer your questions.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:05 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by Hoc
To sum up for you:

- All "MR 101" seminars are generic, basic information useful for users of any airline or alliance. VJ usually schedules them on the first day - ie Saturday.

I found the "101" session I attended to be full of valuable info and just a whole lot of fun. Definitely recommended for anybody, regardless of airline affiliation.

- The "MR 201" sessions - usually scheduled on the second day - are targetted more to users of a particular alliance. VJ has estimated that 201s are 40% generic, cross-alliance info and 60% alliance specific.

If you are at all interested in the concept of miles-maximization/dollars-minimization, the MR 101 sessions are a hoot and highly recommended.

JR
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:15 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the info guys. I'm definitely interested in attending if it happens in SAN (or elsewhere, depending on my ability to get away). Probably drive down and, if it goes late, spend the night.

Should I email Viajero Joven, or just wait until there is some (semi-)formal registration available? He might not read this entire thread, since it's quite long.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Hoc
Should I email Viajero Joven, or just wait until there is some (semi-)formal registration available? He might not read this entire thread, since it's quite long.
Make a post in this thread saying that you intend to attend the SAN seminar(s). Then, watch that thread for updates.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5294948
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:39 am
Hoc

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Make a post in this thread saying that you intend to attend the SAN seminar(s). Then, watch that thread for updates.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5294948
Thanks for the help. I did that.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: United-Premier, National-Emerald
Originally Posted by infinityplusone
I am up for Ann Arbor.
I'm also up for Ann Arbor.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by umeditor
I'm also up for Ann Arbor.
Will you do a story for the Daily??
Old Mar 7, 2006, 1:45 am

Programs: Various
Open to anywhere in Southern Cali. (LAX, LGB, ONT, BUR, SNA, SBA, CLD, SAN, PSP) Sorry, not able to attend San Diego a few weeks back...too much going on.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 8:06 pm

Programs: Silver, US Air
One more vote for another seminar:

I have a request. Whatever city is chosen:

1. Its a request that we choose a city where the weather is comfortable at that time of the year. No Phoenix in July, no NYC in August; no Seattle in April.

2. That its not at the same time their convention center is absolutely full of conventioneers which will drive hotel rates and flight costs to the top.

Best wishes,
Bert
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BertG
I have a request. Whatever city is chosen:

1. Its a request that we choose a city where the weather is comfortable at that time of the year. No Phoenix in July, no NYC in August; no Seattle in April.

2. That its not at the same time their convention center is absolutely full of conventioneers which will drive hotel rates and flight costs to the top.

Best wishes,
Bert

For purposes of keeping the discussion focused, please direct your posts to the 2006 Seminars thread here.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with PHX in July. You guys are just lightweights.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Robt760
Open to anywhere in Southern Cali. (LAX, LGB, ONT, BUR, SNA, SBA, CLD, SAN, PSP) Sorry, not able to attend San Diego a few weeks back...too much going on.
Lucky you! A One World 201 is slated for LAX sometime in the near future.... watch the first post of the 2006 seminars thread for details.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:29 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Los Angeles Please!
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As there are two of these threads & the active one is on the first page, I'm going to go ahead & close this thread rather than merge the two threads.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.