Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Mileage Run Seminars -- Details in First Post (MERGED)

Mileage Run Seminars -- Details in First Post (MERGED)

Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:57 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Is there parking available?

http://www.miramarevents.com/mountainview/

There is a fair on both days on Castro Street. How far away is the meeting place?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:12 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by party_boy
http://www.miramarevents.com/mountainview/

There is a fair on both days on Castro Street. How far away is the meeting place?

I drove by it this afternoon. It's in a commercial complex far enough away from downtown - it will NOT be affected be the festival.

DD
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
it will be a pain to do a bunch of credit cards for that, so it would be helpful if people came with cash for lunch
But we're all going to want to use our mileage cards, right? 40 separate credit cards for iDine would be fun, too...

Any good Thai delivery down there?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fair won't affect our meeting, we're plenty far away, but it might make parking and getting to Tied House a bit of a pain. Usually the parking problem fades by evening, but crossing Castro St will be harder. Those fairs are fairly useless, unless you need (schlocky) arts and crafts and overpriced funnel cakes.

Yeah, and I WAS warning everyone that I am NOT going to handle 40 different mileage cards for lunch. Nor will we be ordering IDINE pizza. For dinner at the restaurant, it's a different story!

The two nearby Thai restaurants don't deliver.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Unfortunately, something urgent has come up and I won't be able to attend tomorrow's seminar in Mountain View... this should alleviate some of the crowd, anyway. I'll try to make it on Sunday, but things aren't looking good.

Hopefully I can catch a future seminar in the SF area, if there will be one again. Hope you all have fun, let me know how it goes!

If anyone is feeling adventurous, maybe videotape the thing, then digitize it and put it online for those of us who missed the seminar.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 4:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Any chance of a MR seminar down south in TX, GA, or FL?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K; F9 Summit
Originally Posted by Daringdoo
Appologies for my ignorance jr but, can't we just order a veggie pizza (no cheese, if necessary) or are there other ingredients that still make it problematic?
Nope, that would do it. I just think not too many people would be interested in a cheese-less veggie-only pizza.

Hope the seminar went well today; see you folks tomorrow. It's 9:30pm here in Colorado and my alarm is set for 4am.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It went fine, we ordered one veggie pizza, one with just cheese, and six with good stuff on them! See you tomorrow....
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:14 am
lex

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
VJ, Thank You so much for providing this seminar. I learned a wealth of knowledge, on the "specifics" that I never would have known otherwise. You have a great way of taking complex terms and explaining them in a way a common person can understand... Hope I can make it to the 201 AA Seminar one day..
Old Sep 11, 2005, 3:05 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It went fine, we ordered one veggie pizza, one with just cheese, and six with good stuff on them! See you tomorrow....
Thanks RichardInSF for hosting. Had a great time at dinner too.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:29 am

VJ thank you for having the seminar this weekend in S.F....especially for being so patient with my pre 101 questions.

Richard...you were a great host. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to use your space and for the great dinner on Saturday night.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:04 pm
lex

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lex
VJ, Thank You so much for providing this seminar. I learned a wealth of knowledge, on the "specifics" that I never would have known otherwise. You have a great way of taking complex terms and explaining them in a way a common person can understand... Hope I can make it to the 201 AA Seminar one day..
RichardSF, Thanks for hosting the event! It was a venue.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Originally Posted by party_boy
Thanks RichardInSF for hosting. Had a great time at dinner too.
Yes, Thanks RichardinSF it was very generous of you to offer your building. I'm sure you'll be repaid well with all the good karma you earned!
Old Sep 11, 2005, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
VJ, thanks for sharing your MR knowledge with us. I now feel confident knowing that I can read and understand routing rules, I know the difference between open jaw, circle trips, double open jaw, end on end, and others. I keep repeating the mantra for domestic 1ks--get the additional mileage on the west or east and do the transcon nonstop.

RichardSF, thank you for your wonderful hospitality!
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:14 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, AA, DL, B6 Mosaic, SWA, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Tita.
VJ, Thanks for sharing your vast amount of MR knowledge. I know that it'll be of great help of most people who came yesterday and today. I feel more comfortable with the discussion group now, since I can match the names with the faces.

RichardSF, Thank you for the conference/meeting room, planning for lunch, etc... I've had a great time!!! Would be interested in other MR classes, like the OW class.

Thank you and greatly appreciated for everything!!!!
Platini

Originally Posted by Pat89339
VJ, thanks for sharing your MR knowledge with us. I now feel confident knowing that I can read and understand routing rules, I know the difference between open jaw, circle trips, double open jaw, end on end, and others. I keep repeating the mantra for domestic 1ks--get the additional mileage on the west or east and do the transcon nonstop.

RichardSF, thank you for your wonderful hospitality!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.