Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC-LON AA in J (I) $1715 (all in)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

NYC-LON AA in J (I) $1715 (all in)

First time posting here - but I thought this was a really good deal. Not exactly a pure mileage run BUT i just booked this amazing business class fare.

It is good for direct flights as well routings through BOS, ORD or MIA - the latter adds 4,000 elite miles

Only down side is that the I class fares are not upgradable to first - but still a great deal for transatlantic business!

FARE BASIS CODE
IRT2AA3

BK CODE
I‡ -

PENALTY
CANCELLATIONS ANY TIME TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/NO-SHOW/ REFUND. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR TRAVELING COMPANION. TICKET HAS NO VALUE UNLESS TICKETED FLIGHTS ARE CANCELLED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME. CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 300.00. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - WAIVER ALSO APPLIES TO TRAVELING COMPANION. THE ORIGINAL NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHD/INF DISCOUNTS DO NOT APPLY. CHANGES ARE PERMITTED PRIOR TO THE TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF EACH FLIGHT PROVIDED THE NEW ITINERARY MEETS ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THE NEW FARE PURCHASED I.E. ADVANCE RESERVATION/TICKET PURCHASE MINIMUM /MAXIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS. ITINERARIES MAY BE REBOOKED UP TO ONE YEAR FROM ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUE DATE PROVIDED TICKETED FLIGHT IS CANCELLED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME. IF TICKETED FLIGHT IS NOT CANCELLED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME TICKET HAS NO VALUE. --- TICKETS AT THESE FARES MAY NOT BE REVALIDATED. TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED. FARE DIFFERENCE AND CHANGE FEE MUST BE PAID AND TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ITINERARY IS REBOOKED. --- WHEN THE ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE USD 300.00 CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. --- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE. HOWEVER THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PASSENGER IN THE FORM OF A NON REFUNDABLE TRAVEL VOUCHER WHICH MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A TICKET VALID FOR TRANSPORTATION GOVERNED BY AA. THE USD 300.00 CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. AFTER DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 300.00. WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE/ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER. NOTE - WAIVER ALSO APPLIES FOR TRAVELING COMPANION. THE ORIGINAL NON REFUNDABLE AMOUNT REMAINS NON REFUNDABLE. CHD/INF DISCOUNTS DO NOT APPLY. CHANGES PERMITTED PRIOR TO TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF EACH FLIGHT. --- TICKETS AT THESE FARES MAY NOT BE REVALIDATED. TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED. FARE DIFFERENCE AND CHANGE FEE MUST BE PAID AND TICKETS MUST BE REISSUED WHEN ITINERARY IS REBOOKED. --- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE ADD COLLECTED AND THE USD 300.00 CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY. --- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE. HOWEVER THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PASSENGER IN THE FORM OF A NONREFUNDABLE TRAVEL VOUCHER WHICH MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF A TICKET VALID FOR TRANSPORTATION GOVERNED BY AA. THE USD 300.00 CHANGE FEE WILL APPLY

RES/TKTG
RES MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE DPTR FROM ORIGIN. TKT MUST BE PURCHASED NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE DPTR FROM ORIGIN OR 1 DAY AFTER RES IS MADE, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. SGMTS USING THIS RULE MUST BE CONFIRMED.

MIN STAY
RETURN TRVL IS VALID ON THE 1ST SUN AFTER 12:01 A.M.. MEASURED FROM DPTR FROM ORIGIN.

SEASONS
1JUL-2SEP05. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF ORIGIN AND IS DETERMINED BY DATE OF DEPARTURE OF OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

BLACKOUTS
NO BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

EFF/EXP
ALL TRAVEL AT THIS FARE MUST BE COMPLETED BY 9SEP05.

FLT APPL
APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 6000 - 8399.

STOPOVERS
NO ENROUTE STOPOVERS ARE PERMITTED. A STOPOVER OCCURS WHEN THE PASSENGER DOES NOT DEPART AN INTERMEDIATE POINT WITHIN 24 HOURS.

TICKET RESTRICTIONS
ISSUE IN EUROPE/INTERNATIONAL POINTS IN THE CARIBBEAN/ UNITED STATES/PUERTO RICO/VIRGIN ISLANDS TICKETS MUST NOT BE ISSUED: BY PTA

SURCHGS
SURCHG OF USD 35.00 APPLIES PER ADT/CHD/INF IN EACH DIRECTION. APPLIES TO TRANSPACIFIC INTL SECTOR. SURCHG OF USD 35.00 APPLIES PER ADT/CHD/INF IN EACH DIRECTION. APPLIES TO TRANSATLANTIC INTL SECTOR.

DISCOUNTS
*** ACCOMPANIED CHILD 2- 11 - NO DISCOUNT. 1ST INFANT UNDER 2 WITHOUT A SEAT - NO DISCOUNT. OR INFANT WITH A SEAT - NO DISCOUNT. TOUR CONDUCTOR/ SALES AGENT DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY. SENIOR CITIZEN 62 OR OLDER - NO DISCOUNT. NOTE - RULE 1810/IPRG/SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT PROGRAM RULE 755/IPRG/SENIOR SAAVER CLUB PROGRAM RULE 550/IPRG/PASSENGER OCCUPYING TWO SEATS DO NOT APPLY. NO OTHER DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOT VALID WITH ANY MARKETING PROGRAMS/CERTIFICATES COUPONS

REROUTE
SEE PENALTY.

TRANSFERS
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ANYWHERE EXCEPT IN EUROPE. ADDITIONALLY UNLIMITED ONLINE TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON AA.

COMBINATIONS
CARRIER / RULE / FARE CIRCLE OPEN ROUND BASIS TRIP JAW TRIP SAME / SAME / SAME C C C SAME / SAME / DIFF C C C SAME / DIFF / SAME N N N SAME / DIFF / DIFF N N N DIFF / SAME / SAME N N N DIFF / SAME / DIFF N N N DIFF / DIFF / SAME N N N DIFF / DIFF / DIFF N N N Y / PERMITTED N / NOT PERMITTED - / DOES NOT APPLY C / SEE TEXT FOR CONDITIONS CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ROUND TRIP/CIRCLE TRIP/SINGLE OPEN JAW - -TRAVEL MUST BE ENTIRELY VIA AA OR AS PERMITTED IN THE ROUTING. -MAY BE COMBINED WITH ANY ONE WAY/ROUND TRIP FARE GOVERNED BY ATMAAR RULE 7100 . -MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS APPLY ROUND TRIP - -PERMITTED. -MAY NOT BE USED IN AROUND THE WORLD FARE CONSTRUCTION. CIRCLE TRIP - -PERMITTED. -MAY NOT BE USED IN AROUND THE WORLD FARE CONSTRUCTION. OPEN JAW - -SINGLE OPEN JAW PERMITTED AT EITHER ORIGIN OR DESTINATION. END-ON-END - -PERMITTED WITH ALL AA FARES, IF COMBINING WITH FARES GOVERNED BY AACBR RULE 7999 AND AAMRVP RULE 7100 AND AA85R RULE 7999 AND WHMAAR RULE 7100 VIA AA. -CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE ADJACENT LINE OF FLIGHT FARE COMPONENTS OF THE JOURNEY. -TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE FARE COMBINATION POINT.

OPEN RTN
NOT ALLOWED.

REFUNDS
SEE PENALTY.

CO-TERMINALS
NOT APPLICABLE.

INTL CONST
MAY BE COMBINED WITH APPLICABLE ARBITRARIES.

MISC
WAITLIST NOT PERMITTED. STANDBY NOT PERMITTED.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 5:43 pm

Actually, you can do even better than the OP if you go to AA.com. Just checking one weekend, leaving JFK on July 7 for LHR and returning on July 10 or 11 there is a business class fare of $1570. The same flights over the July 4 weekend are more than $3000 per person. Very good fare for mid-summer and a great way to combine a MR and "fun weekend." (Pardon me, MR purists if this is an oxymoronic pairing.) Now if we could just do something about AA business class seats and service.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by upgrader
Actually, you can do even better than the OP if you go to AA.com. Just checking one weekend, leaving JFK on July 7 for LHR and returning on July 10 or 11 there is a business class fare of $1570. The same flights over the July 4 weekend are more than $3000 per person. Very good fare for mid-summer and a great way to combine a MR and "fun weekend." (Pardon me, MR purists if this is an oxymoronic pairing.) Now if we could just do something about AA business class seats and service.
That is the same fare. It is $1570 + taxes = $1715
Still I good fare I think
Old Jun 2, 2005, 6:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

this fare has been around for quite a while... and definitely not mileage-run material.
probably better for the AA forum.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yeah, can't see how this can be viewed as a MR...
There are cheaper transatlantic biz class offers if you look hard enough.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Can I be a total jerk and point out that you cannot say latter or former when you have more than two examples? Sorry, it's the English Minor in me.

It is good for direct flights as well routings through BOS, ORD or MIA - the latter adds 4,000 elite miles
Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Yes - of course you can be a total jerk. Especially given that you are wrong!

From Merriam-Webster (I deliberately used an American dictionary to avoid getting into another debate):

Main Entry: lat·ter
Pronunciation: 'la-t&r
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lætra, comparative of læt late
1 a : belonging to a subsequent time or period : more recent <the latter stages of growth> b : of or relating to the end <in their latter days> c : RECENT, PRESENT <affected by latter calamities>
2 : of, relating to, or being the second of two groups or things or the last of several groups or things referred to <of ham and beef the latter meat is cheaper today> <of ham and beef the latter is cheaper today>

You are correct on the use of former but given that this wasn't used in the post I think it best if you give 1/4MM@20 a formal written apology and quietly slink off to another forum.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Froggee
Yes - of course you can be a total jerk. Especially given that you are wrong!
I think you are a bit harsh since the experts are divided. The Columbia Guide to Standard American English says this about "former/latter"... "conservative advice is to use these words to refer to members of a group of no more than two." It then goes on to state, "In Semiformal or Conversational use, both former and latter are sometimes used to refer to members of groups containing more than two, but they frequently make a clumsy sentence"

Last edited by yogimax; Jun 3, 2005 at 10:02 pm
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:18 pm

Ha ha - what does the Columbia Guide to Standard American English say about correct use of "cannot"?

I would agree that using latter with only two members of a group is probably preferred but this does not mean you cannot use it with several especially given that this is kind of a "Semiformal or Conversational" environment.

Anyway - I REALLY don't want to get into a debate. I agree I was harsh and am sorry for being an a$$.

I'm just grumpy as I slept in today and missed my narrow window of opportunity to get out and buy some scooby snacks and it is now hosing down here in Hong Kong and it looks like I'm stuck in my shoebox apartment for the rest of the day.

Maybe that is my punishment??? lol...
Old Jun 4, 2005, 7:25 am

I'm just grumpy as I slept in today and missed my narrow window of opportunity to get out and buy some scooby snacks and it is now hosing down here in Hong Kong and it looks like I'm stuck in my shoebox apartment for the rest of the day.

Maybe that is my punishment??? lol...
Sorry about your bad day. Mrs. Yogimax and I had a great time in Hong Kong earlier this year. We stayed at the Majestic Hotel. It was a great location and we contributed our economic support to the vendors at the Night Market!
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:05 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. The place sure has a buzz! Anway - weather is much more pleasant today so I'm full of love.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:33 am

Glad you enjoyed it. The place sure has a buzz! Anway - weather is much more pleasant today so I'm full of love.
When the weather is bad here in NYC, I become Oscar the Grouch. Sure better to be a frog than a grouch!
Old Jun 5, 2005, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having lived in Hong Kong for over a decade myself, I've always loved the torrential downpours - except, of course when I was caught in it.

But in any case, let's just thank the OP for a fare alert - maybe this forum should be renamed the "Unusually Good Deals" forum instead of Mileage Run!
Old Jun 5, 2005, 2:34 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
being a student I don't buy business class fares, but with all the replies to this thread I was curious to see what I was missing out on - evidently nothing more than an English debate!
Old Jun 5, 2005, 3:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Good God, no. Why not just create a separate forum for that thing?

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
But in any case, let's just thank the OP for a fare alert - maybe this forum should be renamed the "Unusually Good Deals" forum instead of Mileage Run!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.