Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2005, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Didn't see a DO/Meetup/etc. thread for MAD in TravelBuzz or CommunityBuzz yet. Did I miss it, or is one not started? I suppose I could start it, but that would mean taking an initiative and, well, ....

I just put one up in TravelBuzz

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436328

DJ
Old May 26, 2005, 2:31 am

I have an eticket and it shows the correct flights. W fares earn half eq on nw, if i recall correctly....probably half on co also because this was not booked on co.com
Old May 26, 2005, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jetcity405
I have an eticket and it shows the correct flights. W fares earn half eq on nw, if i recall correctly....probably half on co also because this was not booked on co.com
When viewing my itinerary on www.continental.com/ -- with all flights in the "I" fare bucket -- I note that CO indicates that all flights are eligible for 100% elite qualifying miles. You may want to check (and print out for posterity's sake) your own itinerary on www.continental.com/ to see if your reservation will also get 100% elite qualifying miles (for whatever reason). I don't really care because I am crediting NW, but others may.
Old May 26, 2005, 10:19 am

Possible problems not taking last leg of BOS-MAD trip?

It would be much more convenient for me to end the trip in Newark rather than Boston. I noticed some posts from people who said they weren't going to take the last leg of the trip (Newark-Boston). I was wondering whether Continental could came back and demand a higher fare if the whole trip isn't completed? I know in the past there have been some issues with domestic roundtrips where the whole itinerary hasn't been completed. Does anyone have good information about international itineraries? Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 26, 2005, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by garbanzo
It would be much more convenient for me to end the trip in Newark rather than Boston. I noticed some posts from people who said they weren't going to take the last leg of the trip (Newark-Boston). I was wondering whether Continental could came back and demand a higher fare if the whole trip isn't completed? I know in the past there have been some issues with domestic roundtrips where the whole itinerary hasn't been completed. Does anyone have good information about international itineraries? Any help would be appreciated.
Highly improbable, unless you foolishly express your intent to do so to CO or brag about getting away with it to the airline after the fact. I would feel very comfortable getting off the plane in EWR and walking away. Just make sure that you either carry on any luggage or claim it, rip off the baggage tag, and fail to recheck it at EWR.

P.S. Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old May 26, 2005, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by cAAl
I don't really care because I am crediting NW, but others may.
Correct me if I am wrong, but on CO-operated, CO-coded flights, NW WorldPerks members will earn 50% EQM on W and I class tickets (among other classes) if they credit it to NW. (http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/earn/airf...l#continental).

I am also crediting to NW and this is how I understand it (that us NW folk will be getting 50% EQM for the trip).
Old May 26, 2005, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Correct me if I am wrong, but on CO-operated, CO-coded flights, NW WorldPerks members will earn 50% EQM on W and I class tickets (among other classes) if they credit it to NW. (http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/earn/airf...l#continental).

I am also crediting to NW and this is how I understand it (that us NW folk will be getting 50% EQM for the trip).
You are correct.

The reason I said I really don't care about how CO credits these flights is because I'm not looking for OnePass credit.

I certainly would prefer 100% EQM in the WorldPerks program for my flights, but given the price, a 50% EQM hit is not going to get my blood pressure up.
Old May 26, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1P, AA Plat
Originally Posted by cAAl
You are correct.

The reason I said I really don't care about how CO credits these flights is because I'm not looking for OnePass credit.

I certainly would prefer 100% EQM in the WorldPerks program for my flights, but given the price, a 50% EQM hit is not going to get my blood pressure up.

I, on the other hand need the EQM's for CO for status. So hopefully they go though at 100%.
Old May 26, 2005, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by steveme
I, on the other hand need the EQM's for CO for status. So hopefully they go though at 100%.

------------------

cheapies dont eq at 100 percent unless bought at co.com. I might be wrong though. those qiswtxl babies are junk on nw

On another note, I now finally see my reservation on co.com. it shows a base fare,bulk, of 5 dollars plus tax of 60.

a
Old May 26, 2005, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
------------------
On another note, I now finally see my reservation on co.com. it shows a base fare,bulk, of 5 dollars plus tax of 60.

a
Really? That's odd. My reservation shows the following price (per person): Fare= $593; Taxes= $71.65. Total = 664.65.
Am I correct to assume that Travelocity coughed up nearly $485 ($665-180) for each of my tickets?
Old May 26, 2005, 4:37 pm
POH

Programs: *Wood Gold, MP, SM, M&M, DM, HH Gold [Revoked], PC Gold, WP
Here's mine:

Price Details
2 Adult $10.00
Taxes $84.00
Total Price $0.00
Old May 26, 2005, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1P, AA Plat
------------------

cheapies dont eq at 100 percent unless bought at co.com. I might be wrong though. those qiswtxl babies are junk on nw

a

Yes we have been over this 2x. The thing we have to wait for is to see if the flights were booked directly on CO.com on our behalf from travelocity.com, or if they were booked through travelocity.com on CO.com.
Old May 26, 2005, 5:25 pm

2 Adult $15.00
Taxes $86.90
Total Price $0.00

for "W" class
Old May 26, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: NW Gold, HH Gold
2 Adult $15.00
Taxes $86.90
Total Price $0.00

for "I" class

Booked on Continental (by American Express Travel)
Old May 26, 2005, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mglyons
2 Adult $15.00
Taxes $86.90
Total Price $0.00

for "I" class
Same for my wife and myself.

www.continental.com/ indicates that those who elect to credit the flights to the Continental OnePass accounts will be credited for 100% EQMs (other information deleted):

OnePass Miles/ Elite Qualification:
500/100%

3,607/100%

3,607/100%

500/100%
For those of you concered about getting 50% EQMs, I suggest you check your reservation information at www.continental.com/ and print out a copy of it showing you will get 100% credit in case you have problems later.

Last edited by cAAl; May 27, 2005 at 1:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.